What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Den ultimative kriger (Meta-Type, #1)
This topic is about Den ultimative kriger
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci-fi about alien invasion begins with nuclear strike on most major cities. also i remember that mortally wounded soldiers would be given the chance to fight on as cyborgs/robots with only the brain remaining [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Andersen | 8 comments Hi guys.
This is waaay back when I started reading books in english. I was stationed abroad as a UN soldier and danish books were hard to get.

It´s about an alien invasion that begins with (view spoiler)

There is a good chance that it´s a series of books, but I can´t remember.

Hope one of you can help me.
thanks!

message 2: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Hi Michael, how long ago is "waaay back"?

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Andersen | 8 comments Andria wrote: "Hi Michael, how long ago is "waaay back"?"

Hi Andria.

I think it is the early/middle 90´ties.

message 4: by Andria (last edited Mar 20, 2013 07:32AM) (new)

Possibly the Robotech series by Jack McKinney. The first one is Genesis.

Or one of Harry Turtledove's Worldwar books. Worldwar: In the Balance

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Andersen | 8 comments Andria wrote: "Possibly the Robotech series by Jack McKinney. The first one is Genesis.

Or one of Harry Turtledove's Worldwar books. Worldwar: In the Balance"

Thanks for the robotech tip, I did not know about them and I´m going to take a look at them.

And it´s not the worldwar series, read them a couple of years ago and thought they were great.

Thanks for the input.

message 6: by Andria (new)

hmmm....ok, two more suggestions:

Legion of the Damned has cyborgs that are "human minds trapped in armored killing machines."

or maybe something by David Weber?

Justanotherbiblophile | 1709 comments Yeah, it's not Robotech. They make fighting robots, not cyborgs. Because that series is basically a novelization of the Americanised anime.

I don't recall anything in Weber's oeuvre that's like that... but perhaps I've not read *everything*.

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) (sorry to butt in, but, you made me giggle - yeah, good luck reading 'everything' by the prolific Weber... ;)

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael Andersen | 8 comments Hey guys.
I finally found the books I was looking for.

The writer is danish and his name is David Biltoft Davidsen. His books are called "Meta-Type: Den ultimative kriger" translated to English: Meta-type: The ultimate warrior.

Sorry for having to say that they only exist in danish.

I want to thank you all for trying to help me in my quest. Keep up the good work.

message 10: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Thank you for letting us know!

Justanotherbiblophile | 1709 comments Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "good luck reading 'everything' by the prolific Weber... ;)"

13 Honor books (most of those:10?)
5 Worlds of Honor (2)
3 Wages of Sin (0)
3 Saganami (1?)
2 YA Honor (1)
1 House of Steel (0)
3 Dahak (3)
5 War God (3)
6 Safehold (4)
7 other (7)
1 Collection (0)
5 Starfire (5)
4 Empire of Man (4)
3 1632 (3)
2 Multiverse (0)
1 Warmasters (1)

So yeah, most of everything. Missing some of the new stuff because I've not run across it used yet. Plus upcoming releases.

But, thanks for poking. Someone was asking for something that I thirded _High Crusade_ for, and this was the other that's in the same genre.