Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) Clockwork Princess discussion


367 views
CLOCKWORK PRINCESS!!! What did you think????

Comments Showing 1-50 of 187 (187 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Sarah  ღ OMG!!!! Its out TODAY!!!!! If youve read it post here (im waiting for mine to come in the mail) but when you read it come here!!!!


CynthiaElleReads Amazing it had a perfect ending ...but sad that it ends


Angela Do you want to know how amazing this is? If you see my room, it is all trash up and a bunch of trash can fill with tissues paper. Yea, I know it's gross, but it is worth it! I love the book and I will read it again!


Sherly It's really amazing. I love how it ends. It's just great. But also sad. Hope Will could be immortal too and stay with Tessa and Jem.


CynthiaElleReads i thought my heart would break while reading the ending but oddly enough it didnt i was happy with the way it ended i know will would of wanted this


Krista (Miura Haruma-san, I will always miss you) I'm disgusted with how many people loved the ending. I sure hope you don't treat your SOs like Tessa does, at least.


Nurlely I don't think the ending is awesome. The book will be way better without the Epilogue.

Seriously gals! How can you consider a girl getting her 2 boys as awesome?

It is okay if Tessa loves both Will and Jem, but for her to actually end up with both of them? to be with Jem when Will is deceased? Is that how she honour her love to Will? By being with Jem?


message 8: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Nurlely wrote: "I don't think the ending is awesome. The book will be way better without the Epilogue.

Seriously gals! How can you consider a girl getting her 2 boys as awesome?

It is okay if Tessa loves both ..."


And to say that she has NEVER STOPPED LOVING Jem all those years while she was with Will?!?!


Nurlely Claudia wrote: "And to say that she has NEVER STOPPED LOVING Jem all those years while she was with Will?!?!
"


Tessa needs a special medication for her hormonal problems.


Krista (Miura Haruma-san, I will always miss you) Don't even, don't even. I can't think about it. And some girls who read this are gonna think this crap is okay, that you should actually treat your supposed loved ones in this manner. I feel dirty just thinking about that epilogue.


Shail I was not a fan of the ending either! I felt so bad for poor dead Will. I felt really bad for Will the entire series to be honest. But yeah, I kind of liked the bitersweet ending of her having Will and Jem being a silent brother. I don't like that she gets both of them. Wasn't Will enough? It makes the ending too... happy and perfect. That's not realistic.
And I haven't decided whether or not I like the fact that the whole story behind Jem's cure is going to be in the last MI book (this is my guess, but it seems pretty obvious). I'm thinking it has something to do with Jace's special angel hands, but who knows?


Krista (Miura Haruma-san, I will always miss you) Ugh, I don't want to know about Jem's cure. I don't like the thought of him being alive while Will is dead.


Shail It seemed too easy. Like "Oh I'll just conveniently wait for Will to die and then *poof* I'm magically cured somehow... because nobody could figure out how to do it during the 15 years I was dying". I also hated how big of a stink he made about becoming a silent brother or a vampire so he could live... but then he went ahead and did it anyway! What was up with that??? I thought you didn't want to live if you couldn't have Tessa/play the violin/talk/be with your family/etc.


Mirtha Gonzalez Shail wrote: "It seemed too easy. Like "Oh I'll just conveniently wait for Will to die and then *poof* I'm magically cured somehow... because nobody could figure out how to do it during the 15 years I was dying"..."

It was like 130 years later... how is that poof I'm cured now????


Mirtha Gonzalez I am actually very confused by a lot of the anger people are having on here about Tessa loving JEM still. How is it betraying Will for her to be with him 130 years after Will? She had her life with him, they had kids and grandkids.. she was faithful to him til the end of his life.. his dying day. And Will would NEVER begrudge her JEM. He would not be angry that JEM be there to love her after Will passed on, just like JEM was happy that Will could be there for her when he was going to die. There is NO betrayal here. And of course she loved him when she was with WILL. So did Will. That didn't make her love will any less. Those characters know what real love IS.. It's loving someone enough that you want them to be happy even if it isn't with you..


Nurlely Mirtha wrote: "It was like 130 years later... how is that poof I'm cured now???? "

Don't worry... that is why you need to read The Dark Artifices series. Isn't Clare an awesome marketer?


Mirtha Gonzalez Nurlely wrote: "I don't think the ending is awesome. The book will be way better without the Epilogue.

Seriously gals! How can you consider a girl getting her 2 boys as awesome?

It is okay if Tessa loves both ..."


How is it dishonor to allow yourself to finally love someone again after 130 years AFTER your husband dies?


Nurlely Mirtha wrote: "I am actually very confused by a lot of the anger people are having on here about Tessa loving JEM still. How is it betraying Will for her to be with him 130 years after Will? She had her life with..."

She said she never stopped loving Jem. Isn't that way too much? She was in super duper love with Will but claims to Jem that she has always been in love with him?


Nurlely Mirtha wrote: "How is it dishonor to allow yourself to finally love someone again after 130 years AFTER your husband dies? "

Answered this.


message 20: by kim. (new) - rated it 5 stars

kim. I would really love to know why people seem to be eager to call out Tessa for loving Jem while she was with Will, but nobody will call her out for hopping into bed with Will the moment she thinks Jem might be gone. Why is that?

Oh yeah. Because it benefits Will, right?

And no. I don't think any less of Tessa for sleeping with Will during that time, just as I don't think any less of her for loving Jem and Will at the same time.

Jem gave his blessing for Tessa and Will to be together, and I certainly hope Will would do the same for Tessa and Jem if he could now. Will and Jem care for each other so deeply and always want the other to be happy. I hope that would include Will knowing Jem and Tessa still love each other and have each other for support even after he's gone. I think Will and Jem were so incredibly close that it would not bother them to think she loved them both. I truly feel sorry for the people who missed the point of the story of Will and Jem's friendship and only took away the romantic aspect from this book. If you are wishing Jem died instead of Will, you are wishing a terrible pain on Will, just as Jem must still be suffering the loss of his closest friend.

Answer me this: If the roles were reversed, and it was Jem who married Tessa and Will she continued to love and reunited with years later, would you still be saying these same things?


Nurlely Kimberlee wrote: "I would really love to know why people seem to be eager to call out Tessa for loving Jem while she was with Will, but nobody will call her out for hopping into bed with Will the moment she thinks ..."

Because Will is her romance love, while Jem is her caring love. Tessa burned her hands after the engagement, because she was so painfully miserable. She kept hoping that Will would forget her. The engagement was even made mostly by pity and guilty feeling, although later on, Tessa was said to be more than that.

It is funny if you consider the comments were made because we hate Jem and refuse his happiness. They were made by analysing the series, based on what we get from the story.

The Epilogue just make CP2 a Disney-Princess story like book. And we consider Tessa as the person with hormonal problems here, as the one who does not deserve to be with both boys, not Jem.

If you love Jem more, that's fine. But don't count your love as our hate.


message 22: by kim. (new) - rated it 5 stars

kim. Nurlely wrote: "Kimberlee wrote: "I would really love to know why people seem to be eager to call out Tessa for loving Jem while she was with Will, but nobody will call her out for hopping into bed with Will the m..."

I don't believe anyone in the post hates Jem, but I do think someone people wish he'd died instead of Will, as evidenced by this comment:

I don't like the thought of him being alive while Will is dead.

Now, you could take that as wishing they were both alive, but it is prefaced with this:

Ugh, I don't want to know about Jem's cure.

As in, Jem's cure so he could live. And not die. You know what I mean? If I have misinterpreted this, I would love to know what the meaning is behind it, because I have taken it to mean that someone here would prefer Jem dead over Will.

I don't think Tessa has any "hormonal problems." I don't believe you meant to make it sound this way (or I hope you didn't), but that seems to imply that there is something wrong with her if she can love more than one person at once. I saw someone (I don't know if it was you or someone else) in another post call her "loose." I hate that term, just as I hate the term "slut." I believe a girl can sleep with and love as many people as she wants at one time and it does not make her a lesser person, nor does it cheapen her experience with any party involved.


message 23: by Nurlely (last edited Mar 20, 2013 11:40PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nurlely Kimberlee wrote: "I don't think Tessa has any "hormonal problems." I don't believe you meant to make it sound this way (or I hope you didn't), but that seems to imply that there is something wrong with her if she can love more than one person at once."

It is a weird thing for Tessa to love them the same way, as in 'being with them' or in romantic love with 2 persons at the same time. We can be crazy over many beautiful creatures at the same time, but not fully engaged or passionately and emotionally involved with them.

I was not happy with the Epilogue because it seems to be forced on me I almost choked while reading it. Jem is stripped from his silent brother being. Can Tessa just love him as a silent brother? Does she need to also make love to him?

Some people consider Tessa more as a 'slut' because of the way her love works. 'To love is to be with, sleep with' seems to be her motto. Why can't she just love Jem without having him?

Some people may refuse to know further more about Jem's cure because there are already some unanswered things about him after being 'stripped' from his silent brother-self. Why he is not a different silent brother in CoLS but made as one in CP2.

Why don't you ask the person who said it? Maybe it is just a misunderstanding. From what I read, we dislike and prefer the book without the Epilogue because it is already so good.

To compare with.... JK Rowling killed Dumbledore and made the whole world cried (and cursed her) at reading it. But it didn't make the story less awesome.
YA novels are not Disney-princess story or romance story. Death and misery are part of what making YA novels enjoyable.

I apologise for such a long comment.


message 24: by kim. (last edited Mar 20, 2013 11:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

kim. Nurlely wrote: "Kimberlee wrote: "I don't think Tessa has any "hormonal problems." I don't believe you meant to make it sound this way (or I hope you didn't), but that seems to imply that there is something wrong ..."

We will have to agree to disagree about Tessa's ability to love multiple people at once and how normal or not normal that is. Personally, I think that's what a ménage à trois is for (and I half expected the love triangle in this series to turn into one, although I know that is probably pushing the boundaries a bit on sex/romance in a young adult setting). :)

I do feel as if there was misery in CP2. With the exception of Jessamine's death, even if everyone seemingly got a happy ending, Tessa also got to watch everyone she loved die: Charlotte, Henry, Gideon, Sophie, Gabriel, Cecily, Will, even her own children...the list goes on and on. And Tessa will eventually have to watch Jem die, too. Personally what saddened me the most was that Will believed Jem would be "waiting" on him to cross with him when he died, but then Will died first. I nearly would have preferred them dying together. Although it may not be as blatant as a beloved character being killed off, I don't believe everything was tied up with a perfect bow for Tessa. She suffers greatly because of her immortality.


Nurlely Kimberlee wrote: "Tessa also got to watch everyone she loved die: Charlotte, Henry, Gideon, Sophie, Gabriel, Cecily, Will, even her own children...the list goes on and on. "

I think it is inevitable. They died mostly because their time has come. In her grief, Tessa was actually blessed with so many happiness. If she had excepted otherwise, she was indeed a fool. Will would want to be an immortal, to live forever with Tessa, but I suppose Will would not want to live, should Tessa die.


message 26: by kim. (new) - rated it 5 stars

kim. Nurlely wrote: "Kimberlee wrote: "Tessa also got to watch everyone she loved die: Charlotte, Henry, Gideon, Sophie, Gabriel, Cecily, Will, even her own children...the list goes on and on. "

I think it is inevitab..."


I definitely agree that it was inevitable that they died while she lived, and you bring up a great point that she also got to experience a lot of joy and happiness in her time with her family and friends. I guess the reason I believe it must have affected her to lose her family and friends is that she seems to have distanced herself from everyone except Magnus and Jem, who are also immortal (although, of course, that is not Jem's case in the end). I kind of want to know why she didn't seem to want to check in on her descendants--did she just not really bother to follow them, or did she not want to experience that loss? I can't really tell from the epilogue, but perhaps we'll eventually get some sort of explanation.


Nurlely Kimberlee wrote: "Tessa also got to watch everyone she loved die: Charlotte, Henry, Gideon, Sophie, Gabriel, Cecily, Will, even her own children...the list goes on and on. "

I was not impressed with that part either. It's not that her descendants died of some sort of curse that she avoided to be with them.

The inconsistency annoys me. She was broken like hell when Will died. She could not watch more deaths in her family thus she ran away. But she can bear the thought of watching Jem meets his demise? Did she count her family less important or did she count Jem less important for her to choose different things for them?

I suppose we should just read the book and leave the flaws unanswered. But we love the series too much for us to just ignore them.

Is it our mistake to ask for the perfectness of our favourite series?


message 28: by kim. (new) - rated it 5 stars

kim. Nurlely wrote: "Kimberlee wrote: "Tessa also got to watch everyone she loved die: Charlotte, Henry, Gideon, Sophie, Gabriel, Cecily, Will, even her own children...the list goes on and on. "

I was not impressed wi..."


I just told someone the other day that I can't tell if books are letting me down or if I'm expecting too much of them, haha. Although I was overall satisfied with the outcome of Clockwork Princess, there are some parts that bother me, and that's one of them.

I'm also left wondering if she loves her family so much that she cannot bear to watch them die, or if it's the other way around and she loves Jem so much that she is willing to experience the pain for him. I'm probably, once again, expecting too much to think Cassie will ever answer that in any way, shape, or form, but I don't like that we didn't get an answer for that, and yes, it seems so inconsistent. It makes it seem like Jem took more of an interest in her descendants lives than she ever did, with all the interacting Brother Zachariah does with Jace, Clary, and their friends in TMI and his work to preserve the Herondale lineage. Tessa only makes the one brief appearance in CoG and doesn't speak to them, and I honestly can't tell if she doesn't care or if she doesn't want to be hurt.

I really hope it's answered at some point in either CoHF or TDA, but if it's not, I'll consider this the one thread that was really left hanging.


message 29: by Angela (new)

Angela I HAVE FEW QUESTIONS (someone please answer them)

1) i kinda felt like we still don"t really get the ending for Jem and Tessa "cause their last scene is in 2008- that is the period during City of Heaving Fire i suppose? maybe they will be mentiont in COHF or in The Dark Artificies

2) I didnt understand how Jem found a cure not to be a Silent Brother anymore. He said something about the Lightwoods, Herondales, Fairchild? Maybe something that happens in COHF?


Nurlely Kimberlee wrote: "I just told someone the other day that I can't tell if books are letting me down or if I'm expecting too much of them, haha. Although I was overall satisfied with the outcome of Clockwork Princess, there are some parts that bother me, and that's one of them. ..."

I admit that I had expected CP2 to be the best of 3 and is disappointed that it is not. I wish I didn't read the Epilogue.

They say to love is to bear the pain that accompanies the happiness.

Tessa can choose to be or not to be with Jem, to bear or not to bear the pain of watching him dies by the end of his life. But for her to have left her family is a big No. She probably didn't want to experience the pain furthermore, but they are her descendants. They did not choose to be hers and didn't deserve to be ignored by her.


Nurlely Angela wrote: "I HAVE FEW QUESTIONS (someone please answer them)

1) 1) i kinda felt like we still don"t really get the ending for Jem and Tessa "cause their last scene is in 2008- that is the period during City of Heaving Fire i suppose? maybe they will be mentiont in COHF or in The Dark Artificies"


I don't really think anyone but CC can answer this. We have to wait until 2014 for CoHF... ;)


Claudia the Night Owl Tears still flood my eyes.


Wendy hmmmm yeah the epilogue broke my heart... Will :'( I personally think that Tessa loves Will a little more than jem. Its one of those, first love is hard to forget kind of thing.


message 34: by Ashley (last edited Mar 21, 2013 06:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashley Finished the book, laughed, cried, yelled. Lots of emotions, but ultimately though I think the ending of the book was good, I was very sad. I was glad Jem got to live, but felt very lost without Will. I know that Tessa loved both Will and Jem, but throughout the whole series I felt that she loved Will more, that they had a stronger passion between them. I also thought that it was odd after all of the pain she had gone through with losing Will and her family that she would want to be with Jem so easily. Yes, she continued to love Jem, but after spending a whole life with Will, having children, and loving each other together for so long, I would think that she grew to love him more than Jem, and couldn't want to be with him that way, especially since she might never get over Will.

I don't know, but I am not sure if I want to read the Dark Artifices series if Jem and Tessa will be together, but Will gone. Will made the series for me.


Ashley Krista (One Love) (Critical) wrote: "Ugh, I don't want to know about Jem's cure. I don't like the thought of him being alive while Will is dead."

And I don't either. I preferred him to stay a silent brother.


message 36: by Pang (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pang I completely agreed with you Ashley!! Although I'm happy that (view spoiler)But the whole series and the build up. I felt that (view spoiler) It made me a bit confused. You're right in every words Ashley, I couldn't agreed more with you! and yeah, the new series, tough I'm excited about it but yes, I don't want to read about Jem and Tess :/


CynthiaElleReads i also thought that tessa always loved Will more..and it broke my heart to read of Wills death...and then for her to be with Jem ..i love jem too but idk its wierd ..people are saying tessa waited 130 years but Will died in 1937...and jem and tessa reunited in 2008 ..71 years later


Kristina Khalitova Love between Tessa and Will is like magic, it's the reason why I've read this books. But the end ruined everything!!! As for me, Will did not die of natural causes, he died because Cassandra Clare just killed him! It's not a happy end. For me it would be much better if Jem really became one of Silent Brothers. And again, why you show me death of my favoutite character??? We all know that Will was mortal, but I want to remember him young and alive, not old and dead and his love of live with another man, even if it his best friend.


CynthiaElleReads @christina totally agree..i will try and forget the epilogue and just remember will young and a fierce shadowhunter


Mirtha Gonzalez Nurlely wrote: "Mirtha wrote: "I am actually very confused by a lot of the anger people are having on here about Tessa loving JEM still. How is it betraying Will for her to be with him 130 years after Will? She ha..."

If she had EVER stopped loving JEM, then she never loved him at all. You can love more than one person, the point is she gave Will everything she had to him him when he was with her, and mourned him after for a hundred odd years, then she gets a second chance to be in love again with the only other person who ever touched her heart, it isn't unjust or betrayal.... It's not fair from a reading POV, because she never had to choose between them.... JEM was gone.. she couldn't have a life with him then, but now she gets too. Will would be happy for them


Mirtha Gonzalez CynthiaElle wrote: "i also thought that tessa always loved Will more..and it broke my heart to read of Wills death...and then for her to be with Jem ..i love jem too but idk its wierd ..people are saying tessa waited ..."
Only 71 years... That SLUT!


Mirtha Gonzalez Christina wrote: "Love between Tessa and Will is like magic, it's the reason why I've read this books. But the end ruined everything!!! As for me, Will did not die of natural causes, he died because Cassandra Clare ..."

I LOVE that he died of old age.. surrounded by family and friends with his 2 loves holding him!!! it's like the ending of the notebook. We should all be so lucky that we would go like that.


Kristina Khalitova Mirtha wrote: "Christina wrote: "Love between Tessa and Will is like magic, it's the reason why I've read this books. But the end ruined everything!!! As for me, Will did not die of natural causes, he died becaus..."
I am not saying that it's horrible way to die. You are right about being lucky...It's just... all this situation with triangle Will-Tessa-Jem. I like Will so much, and I also like Jem (he is so kind that you just can't dislike him), maybe Tessa herself is not my favourite, but couple Will-Tessa (I have to repeat it) is MAGIC.

This is just a wish for something like a fairy tale ending: They loved each other, grow old together and they died on the same day (or something like that, because I don't know how English fairytails usually end, it's not my native language).


Ashley Mirtha wrote: "Nurlely wrote: "Mirtha wrote: "I am actually very confused by a lot of the anger people are having on here about Tessa loving JEM still. How is it betraying Will for her to be with him 130 years af..."

I completely understand that but no matter how much I try to drill into my brain that this would be okay with Will, or that Tessa deserves to love again, I can't help but feel that they are betraying Will. I never thought that Tessa loved Jem as much as Will and the fact that she gets to be with both of them, just makes me feel like its wrong. And I knew that Will would die, but I never thought that Jem would outlive him. And it's obvious that Tessa and Jem will be apart of the Shadowhunter books in the future and without Will is seems pointless, and makes me scared to read them.


Kristina Khalitova Ashley wrote: "Mirtha wrote: "Nurlely wrote: "Mirtha wrote: "I am actually very confused by a lot of the anger people are having on here about Tessa loving JEM still. How is it betraying Will for her to be with h..."

I am totally agree with you! I feel that something wrong with this ending too, even if all characters became happy in some ways. For me this ending has only one purpose: to make more money with new series "The Dark Artifices". With this ending Cassandra Clare thinks only about herself and don't think about her characters or about us, readers.


Final_Fantasia I honestly don't know why everyone is going off about Tessa betraying Will! He as been dead for a hundred and something years! He would want Tessa and Jem to be happy! Also, while on the subject of betrayal, Tessa sleeps with Will the not even a day after she finds out Jem is dead. But Tessa can't be with Jem 130 YEARS after Will is dead. It is possible for her to love two people in her life. People who lose their spouses or get divorced fall in love and remarry all the time!


Final_Fantasia Christina wrote: "Love between Tessa and Will is like magic, it's the reason why I've read this books. But the end ruined everything!!! As for me, Will did not die of natural causes, he died because Cassandra Clare ..."
I'm sure if Will and Jem's positions were switched you would not be saying this..


Kristina Khalitova Nayab wrote: "Christina wrote: "Love between Tessa and Will is like magic, it's the reason why I've read this books. But the end ruined everything!!! As for me, Will did not die of natural causes, he died becaus..."
Actually you are wrong. I could understand if, for example, shadowhunters would find a cure for Jem and Tessa would stay with him. It's wouldn't be a perfect ending for me, but a better one then... this. And I'm not sure that Will'd be with Tessa after Jem death because of his personality and principles of life.


Final_Fantasia Christina wrote: "Nayab wrote: "Christina wrote: "Love between Tessa and Will is like magic, it's the reason why I've read this books. But the end ruined everything!!! As for me, Will did not die of natural causes, ..."

So if Will was immortal and Jem was long dead he wouldn't be with Tessa? I find that hard to believe. Will would do the same thing Jem did. They both loved her and she loved them both. Will is now long dead and would want Jem and Tesa to be happy. Jem will die eventually as well but Tessa and him both deserve happiness after 130 years.


Ashley Final_Fantasia wrote: "Christina wrote: "Love between Tessa and Will is like magic, it's the reason why I've read this books. But the end ruined everything!!! As for me, Will did not die of natural causes, he died becaus..."

I know that Tessa did not betray Will, but it FEELS like it. And when Tessa slept with Will I did feel bad about Jem, but not as much as I should have because I always thought that Tessa loved Will more. And yes 130 years is a long time and I know that she loved Jem, but I don't see how they can still have that kind of relationship with each other, after she spent a whole lifetime with Will, raising his kids, watching him grow old.

And if Will and Jem's positions were switched, I would still feel off, because I do not feel good about someone being with another person "just because" the other person they love can not be near them. I felt like Tessa basically only got with Will because Jem was gone and then she got with Jem because Will was gone, which I think is wrong.


« previous 1 3 4
back to top