Mitch Rapp Support Team discussion

How did you find Mitch???

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (last edited Apr 22, 2013 03:19PM) (new)

Tina Boettcher | 2 comments Just wondering how you came to read Vince Flynn books? I came by way of Lee Child, David Baldacci, Brian Haig, Brad Thor and Michael Connolly.

I really enjoy the surrounding characters as well. Irene Kennedy, Scott Coleman, Stan Hurley etc. They are well constructed and you learn more about them as time goes by.

message 2: by Marc (new)

Marc | 6 comments Mod
I was on a business trip and realized that I didn't have anything to read with me. In between flights I saw a new book called Memorial Day in the airport book store, scanned over the summary and bought it.
Glad I did...I've been a huge fan ever since.
I would love to see Vince Flynn write a stand alone Scott Coleman book, or go back in time and see how a young Stan Hurley operated during the Cold War.

message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina Boettcher | 2 comments I agree. I would love to read more about Scott. Very interesting character. Also Charlie Wicker.

I was surprised to read that Vince decided very early on that Scott wasnt a strong enough character to stand alone, hence Mitch was born.

message 4: by Marc (new)

Marc | 6 comments Mod
If you surround Scott with his normal team of operators and a few additional characters created for the book I think it would be a great story.

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo (joanne321) I work in a book store and love Vince Flynn's books, hes such a great character. I've converted countless Jack Reacher fans to Mitch Rapp and then on to the likes of authors like Brad Thor and Tom Woods.

message 6: by Mark (new)

Mark Mccurdy | 5 comments i found out thru the author himself. I was introduced to him by a college friend that went to school with him. And he had just finished his first book and i had to give it a read and i was hooked.

message 7: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Mark wrote: "i found out thru the author himself. I was introduced to him by a college friend that went to school with him. And he had just finished his first book and i had to give it a read and i was hooked."

I am green with envy, lol

message 8: by Mark (new)

Mark Mccurdy | 5 comments An even stranger event today I was shopping and ran into his sister

message 9: by Geff (new)

Geff (duckfeet) | 3 comments Kind of weird: I'd read that the great actor James Gandolfini died, and was googling around on that, and noticed that somebody, Rush I think, was talking on that same day about Vince Flynn, rather than Gandolfini.

Kind of noticed it, saw all the raves, didn't think I"d like Vince all that much, but downloaded one of his books, the one where the White House got took over, then realized what a great writer he was.

So I bought all of them on Amazon, downloaded to Kindle, and just got thru reading all of them. Couldn't stop, they were that good. Bummed there's no more, tho, except for that post mortum one that's coming out later in year...

message 10: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Dilker | 2 comments I was reading playboy they were interviewing lee child and asked him what authors he hated he mentioned Vince Flynn saying that all his books are the same I read lee child his books are the same anyway way I saw his book at the store read it and I have to say I have a man crush on Mitch rapp only 2 books left and I am already dreading finishing the series it is like crack

message 11: by Chaye (new)

Chaye (chayealexander) | 2 comments After reading several of Jo Nesbø's book, I grew tired of the dark & troubled tales of his main character, Harry Hole. A suggested I try "Act of Treason" simply because the description caught her attention. I read, I loved it, and became a fan of Vince Flynn from that moment on.

Unfortunately, I've read the Mitch Rapp series out of order and have had to back track to fill in the blanks. Nevertheless, I have enjoyed every single installment of the Mitch Rapp saga & looked forward to my next read.

message 12: by David (new)

David I ran across this browsing books in a used bookstore just recently and then I checked it out online. Picked up American Assassin and I'm a little more than half done with it and I'm already hooked.

message 13: by John (new)

John (stomachcontents) Dustin wrote: "I was reading playboy they were interviewing lee child and asked him what authors he hated he mentioned Vince Flynn saying that all his books are the same I read lee child his books are the same an..."

Hmm. Cross Lee Child off MY list. Gad, I miss Vince already.

message 14: by Robert (new)

Robert (robertpoddar) | 5 comments I got introduced to Vince Flynn who pestered me to read his books. I must say I m grateful to friend, else I would have missed reading from such a fast antic author. I am yet not able to come to terms that Vince Flynn is not around....

message 15: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Robert wrote: "I got introduced to Vince Flynn who pestered me to read his books. I must say I m grateful to friend, else I would have missed reading from such a fast antic author. I am yet not able to come to te..."

I never had the pleasure of meeting Vince, I must agree tho, such a loss..