What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Early 1990's Seek and Find (similar to Where's Waldo) [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 5 comments I am trying to figure out the name of a series of books I used to read in the early 1990's. They were thin children's books (probably between 10 and 30 pages and sized similar to a magazine) and they were a "find me" type book, similar to Where's Waldo. I know that they were not part of the I Spy book series by Marzollo/Wick, and they weren't part of the Eagle Eyes series by Rolf Heimann either. It seems like there were a few different characters, and each one had its own book. I remember one of the characters was a brown dog (seems like it was a basset hound), possibly wearing a hat. I remember one book being blue and one book being yellow. I remember buying them at Wal-Mart, probably sometime between 1991 and 1994.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 5 comments Update--I still haven't found the name of this series (or the title to any of the books). However, I did find out that these types of books are called "Seek and Finds" so I added that to the title of the post. I did some more research, and I can say that it is also not the Can You See What I See series by Wick, nor is it an Usborne book series.

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Maybe one of the books by Mitsumasa Anno?

Anno's Journey is one.

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashinscribbleland) | 64 comments Where Are They? series. Titles like: Look for Lisa, Find Freddie, Search for Sam etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Look-Lisa-Where...

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 5 comments Thank you Andria and Ash for your help...The Where Are They series is it!!! Wow Ash, I can't believe you knew what I was talking about. I have been searching for the name of this series for years! The two specific book titles I was looking for were Find Freddie and Hunt for Hector (Hector is the dog I was thinking of...he's not a basset hound and he's not wearing a hat...oops! Bad memory!) Look for Lisa looks familiar too. I am so excited that I have already ordered the Freddie and Hector ones for my daughter. Thanks again.

message 6: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Congrats on finding your book Ashley and good job Ash! Here are the GR links:

Find Freddie

Hunt for Hector

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashinscribbleland) | 64 comments No problem, I got "Look for Lisa" for like my 9th birthday or something and I loved those right along with the Waldo books. Recently I found a paperback version of most of the "Where are They?" series at Barnes and Nobles. I don't know if they still have it or not though. I bought it for my cousin so I don't have the title handy, but if you're interested let me know and I'll find out.