Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
This topic is about Wait for You
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Wait For You by J. Lynn → Start Date: April 8th, 2013

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Alexa, Gisbelle, Angela and I are hoping to read this book together!

The date can be adjusted!!

Please feel free to join us if you can!

Alexa | 932 comments Well we all loved Obsidian and this is a completely different genre so I'm really excited to see how this one turns out :D

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments me too!!!! :D it's always fun reading books together!

message 4: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela | 17787 comments Yaaay! :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yay!!! We are planning for April already :P

Kathy | 7950 comments This one looks really good. Count me in!! :)

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments welcome aboard Kathy!

Kathy | 7950 comments Thanks!! :)

Amanda | 4439 comments I have this on my Kindle, count me in.

message 10: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela | 17787 comments Yay! (:

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I actually have this one on my iPad, so I'm in too :)

message 12: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela | 17787 comments Yay~! (:

message 13: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments alright....34 chapters, 332 pages.

come back every 5 chapters?

do we have an end goal for the day?

Alexa | 932 comments I actually managed to mess up the dates for my buddy reads in my notebook so I wrote this was the 7th, and I began it yesterday on the 2hr long bus trip home and I read like literally half the book and when I came on here I saw the date was the 8th LOL! So I'll just join the discussion for how much you guys read today =)

It was so funny and cute omg, I think you guys are really going to love the first half (haven't read the other yet). Especially Cameron *swoons*

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'll start once I finish Between Friends. And report back every 5 chapters :)

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments OMG! I know I'm coming back early but..I know she did not just put this line in here. omg lol this has to one of the funniest and radiculous lines I've read in a while!!!

chapter 4,(view spoiler)

it what?!?! NO....no no no no no...lol that is just wrong....

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments okay, I'm 5 chapters in and feeling like

Cam is just (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sounds like Cam is hot stuff! Lol Poor Avery though. I have a feeling she doesn't stand a chance! Lol I have a feeling I'm going to like Jacob's character.

Alexa | 932 comments Jacob is hilarious. Jacob's and Brittany's humour = one of the best factors in the book :-)

Cookies :P LOL!

Alexa | 932 comments I love how he calls her sweetheart, that's the most cutest thing!!!

Amanda | 4439 comments Coming back every 5 chapters works for me. I have to go to a meeting for work this morning so I will start this later this afternoon.

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments So first of all, (view spoiler) I can't wait to keep reading when I get home from work today. :)

And Trisha, I totally agree on the line in chapter 4! I noticed some phrases seemed a little off, like in the very first line for example: "ever-loving". Shouldn't it actually be "ever-living"? Or have have I just been saying it & hearing it wrong my whole life? Lol

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'm starting the book now guys.

message 24: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela | 17787 comments I'm still in school right now, so I'm not going to start it until later.

Amanda | 4439 comments I've read the first 5 chapters so far and I am really enjoying this one.

I like the scene where Avery (view spoiler)

I am liking Avery's friends Jacob and Brittany so far too.

I am liking Cam he is crush worthy. At the end of the 5th chapter it appears that Cam has a sore spot about (view spoiler). I am curious to learn more about that situation.

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments 10 chapters in....

I must be in a reading slump. this one is just not working for me.

(view spoiler)

oh well...at least it's light and fluffy lol

message 27: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Apr 08, 2013 02:54PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments 20 chapters in and all I can say is (view spoiler)

and is anyone else distracted by the typos in this book? I don't notice them (and feel the effect on the story) often...but this one seems especially jumbled.

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments aaaaand, I'm done :D

but I'm in a book slump...books seem to be making me grumpy lately! So I'll hold off on my comments until you guys are done.

I'm hoping to change my point of view on this one with the help of you guys and your comments :D

message 29: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela | 17787 comments Trisha, you read so fast!! I'm only just about to start!

Amanda | 4439 comments I have read through chapter 20 so far and one of the things that is bugging me is that Avery is very (view spoiler)

I agree Trisha I am also glad that (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments I'll start this one tomorrow. :)

Amanda | 4439 comments Well I just finished this. I liked it but I did not love it. I had a hard time liking Avery she just irked me throughout the book.

message 33: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Amanda wrote: "Well I just finished this. I liked it but I did not love it. I had a hard time liking Avery she just irked me throughout the book."

amen. she drove me nuts! LOL

Amanda | 4439 comments Trisha wrote: "amen. she drove me nuts! LOL"
"

Glad I'm not the only one that felt that way :)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments I just finished it as well. I agree too. She didn't seem like a 19- then 20-year-old. I know that her past could have been the reason behind it, but with that immaturity, Cam wouldn't have (in real life) have been interested in her. Just my thought. I gotta say that Jacob had to have been my favorite character by far. He definitely got some real LOL's from me. :)

message 36: by Kathy (last edited Apr 10, 2013 08:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments I'm staring it now!!! Should be done tomorrow. :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Trisha wrote: "OMG! I know I'm coming back early but..I know she did not just put this line in here. omg lol this has to one of the funniest and radiculous lines I've read in a while!!!

chapter 4,[spoilers remov..."

I know right! And we have cookies again! What is it with Jennifer Armentrout and cookies?? LOL (view spoiler)

message 38: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Kathy wrote: "Trisha wrote: "OMG! I know I'm coming back early but..I know she did not just put this line in here. omg lol this has to one of the funniest and radiculous lines I've read in a while!!!

chapter 4,..."

YES!!!! More cookies!!! hahaha!! that was funny in BOTH books!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I know I will never eat cookies again without reliving that scene! I nearly choked!! Lol

Kathy | 7950 comments Vicki wrote: "I know I will never eat cookies again without reliving that scene! I nearly choked!! Lol"

Yes that was a 'When Harry met Sally' moment!!! I loved it, so funny!!!! :)

Kathy | 7950 comments I'm on chapter 13 and I'm liking it so far.

Cam is really sweet and (view spoiler) I wish we could see his POV, I would love to know what he's thinking!!! :)

Avery is alright, I mean with all her baggage and everything, she is still making me laugh and I want to know (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments Cam is driving me crazy!!! (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments just finished chapter 20.

My heart broke(view spoiler)

message 44: by Kathy (last edited Apr 11, 2013 11:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments I was hoping to finish today but it's not gonna happen, I will for sure tomorrow. :)

I don't want to stop reading, I'm at chapter 26 so I'm almost done. :)

Kathy | 7950 comments OK finished, I really liked it. I really liked Cam, he was very sweet and him baking was just the icing on the cake.

I thought Avery was alright, (view spoiler)

So Cam's sister (view spoiler)

message 46: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Kathy wrote: "So Cam's sister [spoilers rem..."

oooh, that's a good thought.

I bet it is! :D

Kathy | 7950 comments Trisha wrote: "Kathy wrote: "So Cam's sister [spoilers rem..."

oooh, that's a good thought.

I bet it is! :D"

I hope it is, from little we saw of her I still liked her. And (view spoiler) :D

Alexa | 932 comments I'm glad you liked it as much as I did Kathy! :D

And yeah actually, JLA said the companion novel is going to be about Jase and Teresa so yay! We've seen a bit of Teresa as you mentioned but I can't wait to see Jase!!

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I did like it a lot, and i want to see more of Jase. I wished she put a little bit of the guy's POV in there too!! :)