Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Update reading status

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jutta (new)

Jutta | 32 comments Hello,

could somebody tell me how to update my reading status to "is starting" and "is finished" (without writing them in the general update)? I have seen that many people have those statuses but not me. I can only update what page I´m on. :) Thanks!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

On the side of the page where your currently reading books are. go to one book move over a little bit click update status and it will say for you :)

message 3: by Jutta (new)

Jutta | 32 comments :D Thanks a lot!

message 4: by Cody (new)

Cody | 5 comments I have an issue with Vampire Kisses. When I updated what page I was on earlier it said there are 208 pages in the book when actually the book has 253 pages. The ISBN is 978-0-06-009336-5

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2443 comments Got 4

message 6: by Cody (new)

Cody | 5 comments huh?

message 7: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) | 259 comments If you just update your status with the total number of pages (ie, 285 out of 285), it'll automatically say you're "finished" with the book. (: That's how you "finish" a book without moving it from your currently-reading shelf--I think that's what you were asking about, but maybe I misunderstood. ^^;

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2443 comments Cody wrote: "huh?"

The page number needing updating. It should show the correct number of page now.

message 9: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) | 259 comments Cody, you might just want to change editions. Is this the book?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26...

message 10: by Cody (new)

Cody | 5 comments Actually it was fixed! Thanks a lot

message 11: by Cody (new)

Cody | 5 comments Thalia it just wasn't showing the right number of pages in the entire book is all but it is fixed now :)

message 12: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) | 259 comments Oh, good! (: Sometimes that happens to me, and I just need to switch to a new edition, hahah.

message 13: by Cody (new)

Cody | 5 comments Oh, next time I will do that ha ha

message 14: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43544 comments Mod
This does not seem to be a librarian issue. Closing.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.