The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1) The Maze Runner discussion

The Maze Runner movie updates!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 499 (499 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Cherie (last edited May 07, 2013 05:33PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cherie This topic is about updates! So if you're still under the impression that Hardwicke is the director, then you are still blindly sitting in the dark and I'm about to set you straight.

So far about the movie this is known:
a)Wes Ball is the director
b)Release date is Feb 14, 2014
c)known cast members: Will Pouter - Gally, Aml Ameen - Alby, Dylan o'brien - Thomas, Kara scadalrio - Teresa, Thomas Brodie Sangster - Newt, Blake Cooper - Chuck, and possibly Alexander Flores as Winston

This all comes from Wes Ball's twitter, or imdb they aren't rumors. I will continue to post updates on this thread as soon as they are made available, or you can follow Wes Ball on twitter where he constantly posts updates. :)

Now who's excited for the movie?! =D

Vivid Light ~ ♥♥ yay I guess! But Will will (lol) have to dye his hair black and idk if that'd look good... and Aml is good I suppose

Cherie Aml is 27 years old, but I'm sure he can play younger characters just fine. :) I'm actually very happy with Will Pouter as Gally, he has that suspicious look to him like he doesn't trust a word you say. But yeah, I agree he's gonna have to dye his hair black. :)

Makena I looked both of them up and I think Aml is perfect for Alby, and I remember Will from the Chronicles of Narnia and I agree with what you said about him always having a suspicious look, which is perfect for that character. I think they'll be great. :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Aml (and how the hell do you even say that?) is just perfect in every way even tho he's amlost 30 I reckon he can pull it off

message 6: by Cherie (last edited Mar 16, 2013 10:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cherie I've been pronoucing it uh-mill and yeah he does look perfect for the part :)
To be honest I think will pouter actually might work... Plus he kinda looks like a white version of my boyfriend xD
Just give him a shot :) maybe he'll surprise you

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Cherie that's really creepy. Okay This is gonna be long and too bad if you shuck's get annoyed. The reason I acted so negativly to Will playing Gally is this. When I first started reading about Gally in the book, I instantly fell in love with him. I don't know why. He is my favorite character and always will be. I love his attitude. I love everything about him. Gally is supposed to be tall and skinny with a nose the size of a small fist that resembles a deformed potato with black hair (and I wrote that from memory that's how much I love my little man) and when I look at Will Pouter I don't see any of that.

Is Will even tall? He's going to have to dye his hair. His nose is perfectly fine which in this case isn't good. I'm just so so worried. But thinking about it now, yeah Cherie what you said he looks angry and suspicous, which is Gally. I'm just so so scared for my Gally :( I just want it to be right.

Cherie Will pouter is 5 ft 11 which is pretty tall

Cherie I see it.. He's tall and skinny, and honestly you are never gonna find somebody with that kind of nose. Haha xD he can always dye his hair black

Cherie By the way what's creepy?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Well good then.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, yeah I guess you're right about the nose. Um that you said he looks like a white version of your boyfriend.

Cherie Because their hair, nose, and face shape are similar, my boyfriend is darker, buffer, and more handsome ;)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Ohh okay :P haha

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Cherie wrote: "Will pouter is 5 ft 11 which is pretty tall"

UM, HE IS NOT ACTUALLY THAT TALL. My friend said he's about 5'10 and he's not actually that tall so um now I'm angry again.

Cherie If you google him it say his age and height.. He's 5'11 ... And you have to remember gally is a teenager.

Cherie 5'11 is actually very tall for a teenager :P

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

No it's seriously not. Most teenage boys are tall anyway and my friend Eilish is tall she's 5'11 but not THAT tall. No point arguing about it anyway.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Is the guy who is cast as Newt official? He looks too young, even tho he's 23 :/

Cherie Wes ball hasn't made it official yet, but he is who they want for the role.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

They're making a movie? How did I not know that?

Cherie 5'11 is almost 6 ft! That is tall! XD especially when we are talking teenage boys. Gally isn't supposed to be a giant, he's just supposed to be tall

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Athena wrote: "They're making a movie? How did I not know that?"

omg we've only been talking about it for over a year.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Mmm okay, I spose. And am I the only one who thinks Thomas someone-someone (newt) looks really young?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

wow I live in a hole lol
so its been optioned for a year? wow. actually I think u had some idea it was being a movie and there was some problem with the director or something *shrugs*

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

*i

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I really want to see a Teresa going on here. But I spose she'd be a little harder to cast, because she is THE girl.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

All the teenage guys I know are like 5 foot maybe that's just Australia but they are seriously short here and I'm 5'9" and its so awkward
I wonder who they'll cast as Theresa she's important

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol the release date is valentines day and this is like the least romantic ya book/movie in the world

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 18, 2013 03:17AM) (new)

omg at my school all the guys are tall as and I'm a midget!! Woo finally someone else from fuckin 'straya on this site :P maaaaaaaaate.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes when they fast Theresa I have no idea who should be her because she's just so imprtant and I mean they better do theresa right or else some child will be mad

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Please, I'm sorry, but it's Teresa* there is no h in her name

Cherie Simple mistake, that's how Teresa is usually spelled :P I imagined Teresa almost angelic looking. Just because throughout the first book she is so calm and peaceful like she was literally sent from heaven into the glade. I really hope they cast the right girl. :) now Minho is the one I'm really worried about! He's my favorite character. Dx

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I kind of imagined her as the 'perfect' girl. Perfect skin, big blue eyes, silk black hair (it was black wasn't it?) perfect lips, perfect everything. Even with a beautiful voice. Luscious and yeah, just like an angel and with a strong spirit. Eve tho I don't like her I imagined her this way. I hope she is good!

And yeah, Minho. I hope he's really hot :P he is one of the better characters for sure :)

Cherie Yeah definitely! Upon entering the maze that's how I pictured her, but after a while the image of her kind of lost the makeup and the fixed hair and she became a regular girl :P

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry my phone has an autocorrect function its really annoying anyway
I want Teresa to look like how u described her above but with a tiny mad look in her eyes cos of the blackouts and her being so different and everything, and WICKED is good and all that

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I have auto correct to. Mm yea with a mad look that works well

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

They're all gone from IMDb :(

Cherie What do you mean?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

The cast members aren't on imdb.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I just checked and yes they aren't. Wow that sounds weird. Anyway... but if you type it into IMDB it comes up with the suggestions and it says Will Poulter on the cast line but it doesn't say it on the actual page *confusion*

Cherie It says all of them on my app, so I don't know what you guys are talking about

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

The internet version

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I wonder why they took them down. Maybe because they had to finalise something... Idk

Cherie Pretty sure it is just a glitch with the site, It's working on my app. They probably need to reformat the page or something.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay something else

http://screencrush.com/young-adult-mo...

Here it says that they've properly cast Newt but Will Poulter is still pending. Newt as some guy called Thomas Brodie-Sangster which is a seriously weird name if you ask waaaaait his name's thomoas what okay anyway

Oh and btw Emma didn't see your comment up there I go to an all girl's school but we have a buddy school that's all guys so yeah and they're all midgets

Cherie I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's official when wes ball says its official. Poulter and ameen are official. Thomas sangster is not official yet.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I figured that just saying that's all :)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I figured that just saying that's all :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10