Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Science Fiction > hay guys would you read abook that combines Si-Fi with romance also religon?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamara (new)

Tamara A | 25 comments hi guy my name is Tamara A and i wrote a book that is Si-Fi but also has love in it, and religon. i want to know if alny one would read a book about that.
if you have more quistions about the book, feel free to ask.
(tamaraariole@yahoo.com)

message 2: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Coffey (httpwwwjacoffeycom) | 8 comments Tamara,

I think the most believable world building includes some sort of belief system (religion) and the personal connections that are important to the characters (or their search for such!).

So...yes!

message 3: by Nathania (new)

Nathania | 3 comments Tamara wrote: "hi guy my name is Tamara A and i wrote a book that is Si-Fi but also has love in it, and religon. i want to know if alny one would read a book about that.
if you have more quistions about the book..."
yes

message 4: by Tamara (new)

Tamara A | 25 comments thanks guys. i going to publish it i think this year. i am really busy because i am still in high school. but thank u so much.

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 240 comments Hi Tamara, I wrote a Paranormal Love story with religion in it as it is about fallen angels. Mind, it's my take on it, though I did do some research. I'm sure readers would read your book if it's edited well.

Ominous Love (Ominous, #1) by Patricia Puddle
Ominous Love
Ominous Angel (Ominous, #2). by Patricia Puddle
Ominous Angel (Ominous, #2).

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't see why not, so long as it's well edited. There's a book for every reader, and a reader for every book.

message 7: by Tamara (new)

Tamara A | 25 comments thanks guys

message 8: by Peter (new)

Peter B Forster (peterbforster) | 20 comments I agree with Alexandra. My book has fantasy romance and spirituality that draws on a number of religious themes with a rollicking adventure thrown in for good measure so how can I gainsay. People who have read it praise it. Sad fact is not enough have.

message 9: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Pearl (stephenp11) | 272 comments One of the best precidents for this is the Dune searies by Frank Herbert.

Dune Dune (Dune Chronicles, #1) by Frank Herbert

message 10: by Alexes (new)

Alexes | 122 comments I applaud your ambition. Be sure to have your book spell checked and edited before you publish. You don't want to be another of those people who give indie authors a bad name.

message 11: by Tamara (new)

Tamara A | 25 comments thanks guys, and Peter what is your book

message 12: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Zolnoski (KLZolnoski) | 6 comments A lot of good sci-fi deals with social issues and even religion. As far as love stories, that is something that I think is part of the human experience no matter where you are in time or space. To me this would be a natural thing to include.

message 13: by Brian (new)

Brian Niemeier (brianniemeier) | 5 comments Tamara wrote: "hi guy my name is Tamara A and i wrote a book that is Si-Fi but also has love in it, and religon. i want to know if alny one would read a book about that.
if you have more quistions about the book..."

I see no conflict between those three elements, so my answer is yes.

message 14: by Cypher (new)

Cypher Lx (cypherlx) | 51 comments I don't see a problem with that combination as long as there is a natural balance with those elements. For example, I read a good deal of paranormal romance series. Almost all of them have some sort of "religious" belief system, whether it is real or manufactured by the author. However, you will want to avoid sounding preachy. I just put up a review for a book by one of my favorite authors and have loved all of her books that I have read so far up until this most recent one, which comes off like a manual in proselytisation. I'm not particularly religious, but even I use religious themes in my writing where it suits the story and background.

message 15: by Tamara (new)

Tamara A | 25 comments that makes sense. thanks

message 16: by Mary (new)

Mary Davie (marylouisedavie) | 15 comments Tamara; SciFi and Religion mix fantastically! I had a hard time NOT bringing too much into mine. That and many other areas that would have caused me to have too many sub-plots. Your book though is one I would definitely read.