Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story
This topic is about Interview with the Vampire
Questions > Why was this book marked Not A Book?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andréa (fernandie) | 152 comments There is a 32-page preview edition of the graphic novel Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story which is not currently in the Goodreads database. It has its own ISBN and is sold as an independent, preview-edition ebook from Amazon and Barnes & Noble. I attempted to add it to the database, as I have with other preview-edition books with their own ISBNs (and which I have been told in this group is acceptable and correct), but received the message that its ISBN (9780316249102) has been marked "not a book."

Can someone explain why this is considered "not a book," when other similar previews (with ISBNs) and graphic novels (with ISBNs) are considered books?

message 2: by vicki_girl (last edited Mar 13, 2013 10:00AM) (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments It should not have been marked as Not A Book. However, things do get marked NAB from time to time in error by well-meaning librarians.

I don't why you got that message, though. I was able to add the ISBN and the basics of the data. Here is the link if you want to fill in the rest:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

Andréa (fernandie) | 152 comments vicki_girl wrote: "It should not have been marked as Not A Book. However, things do get marked NAB from time to time in error by well-meaning librarians.

I don't why you got that message, though. I was able to add..."

Thank you! I haven't been a librarian for very long (or very involved in the discussions), so I figured I had just missed some rule that dictated why it wasn't a book.

I'll update the rest of the info now!