Start by marking “Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story” as Want to Read:
Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story

Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story

A richly-illustrated adaptation of Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire, told through the eyes of the vampire Claudia, who was just a little girl when she was turned by the vampire Lestat. Though she spends many years of happiness with her two vampire fathers, she gradually grows discontent with their insistence upon treating her like a little girl, even though she has ...more
Published November 20th 2012 by Yen Press (first published October 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Interview with the Vampire, please sign up.
Lisa Hello! I know this is a belated response, and I need to say up front that I haven't read this "graphic novel", but after poring over others' reviews…moreHello! I know this is a belated response, and I need to say up front that I haven't read this "graphic novel", but after poring over others' reviews on it, they write it does not expand on Claudia's perspective and feelings. If you ever get a chance, read Anne Rice's, "Merrick" (it's not a part of "The Vampire Chronicles") for a bit more elucidation of Claudia's perspective and private musings. I didn't love that book, but it has redeeming and interesting features :).(less)

Start your review of Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story
Fabian
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Simply gorgeous manga-style cartoons, with an expanded story within the "Interview/Vampire Chronicles" mythos.

Like, for instance, did you know that vampire Lestat has an accomplice with him once he gets out of the Louisiana swamps to get his revenge on the vampire tyke? Or that he was about to make a companion for the threesome? Or that he tells the coven of vampires in Paris that Claudia was responsible for his "death"? This is only for fans of the movie and the novel. And the illustrations by
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Review:
This was a beautiful, little graphic novel adaptation of Claudia's life from Interview with the Vampire. The illustrations were beautiful (manga-like, but not too extreme). The splashes of red blood against the sepia artwork was striking. The stained look of the pages, and then the burned look during the fire, really added to the mood. There was so much detail in everything. Louis and Lestat were easy on the eyes ;-) The artwork overall was just lovely.

I can't say this book added
Carol
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Claudia's Story......"Orphan, Daughter, Victim, and Monster"

Poor, beautiful Claudia.....imprisoned in a child's body for eternity unable to satisfy the desire for her precious Louis.....but the little vampirene does get to quench her thirst with a bit of revenge in this fun to read graphic novel (view spoiler)

If you enjoyed Interview with the Vampire you will probably enjoy Claudia's Story, told from her

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn)

27th August 2013:

My long awaited book finally arrived from Bookdepository today. Took over a month for it to reach me. Thank god it's in great condition.

Usually my orders would reach me in around 1 to 2 weeks max. This round it made me so anxious with worry that it might have been lost in transit. Maybe, it's because this order is shipped from UK instead of US? I ordered all my previous books from US website and this round I took a chance with UK website.

I am now in the process of lovingly
Autumn
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book is beautiful to look at, Ashley Marie Witter is very talented. I love the antique sepia look and the way the red blood popped. I have nothing against new and hopeful authors & illustrators trying to make it and putting out an homage of something they are a fan of . I just feel like the target audience for this book {Anne Rice fans} are promised something more than this book gives. There is nothing new here for rabid fans of the Vampire Chronicles {like me}. The story is basically a ...more
Linda Rawlinson
Nov 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
I'm creating a new shelf for this book, the 'do-not-want-to-read' shelf. I did love the Vampire Chronicles, but really? She couldn't find a new story? Dull. In it for the money. Countless talented authors out there who want to break through with original and well-written stories, and this sort of cash-cow gets priority. It's disgusting. This is exactly the kind of stuff that packs the shelves, leaving little room for the new and good stuff, and it's difficult not to feel disillusioned. Hoping to ...more
Auroralumi
Oct 18, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: finish-later
Hey everyone! You can get the 1st 32 pages free for the nook and nook app! go here! Anne Rice just sent it out! http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/inter...
Jeannie Zelos
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story. Anne Rice.

I was supplied with this copy by publisher but as always on the basis that my opinion is honestly held and not influenced by whether the book was free or paid for. Integrity of reviewers is important to me, and false reviews do no favours to authors or readers.

This is my first ever graphic novel so I wasn't sure what to expect. I've reviewed how to do the artwork for graphic novels as part of my arts book reviews but never actually seen a
Sud666
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, comics
"Her lips were red....her looks were free...her locks as yellow as gold...her skin was as white as leprosy...the Night-mare LIFE-IN-DEATH was she...who thicks man's blood with cold."

For those of you that enjoyed Anne Rice's magnificent Interview with a Vampire (a MUST read before reading this GN), I must highly recommend Claudia's Story. Claudia, is the little girl that was turned into a vampire by Lestat. Ashley Marie Witter takes words right off the pages of Interview with a Vampire, adds some
Kitty
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fiiiiiiinallllyyyy!

How long have Anne Rice fans suffered on the comic front? I mean, has anybody actually SEEN the Vampire Lestat comic? I'm still scrubbing my brain clean of the Liberace front band and flying naked Lestat pics. But this is just pure cream. The art work is gorgeous. I couldn't believe my eyes when my copy arrived today - if you have the cash for the hardcover edition, please rest assured that it is anything but a waste of money.

Lastly, to all the naysayers screaming IN IT FOR
erin
Nov 04, 2012 marked it as to-read
Hmmmm. I would've thought that Anne Rice had mined as much gold as possible from this genre, but apparently I was wrong. I'm curious if this is going to be an impetus to release the first few Vampire stories as graphic novels, which could be really neat (seeing how the movies weren't exactly good).

Recently, I purchased an illustrated adaptation of Bram Stoker's "Dracula" - which could have been called a graphic novel back in the early 1970s when I bought it as an elementary-aged reader. I've
Horace Derwent
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OH, IT'S SO SO GOOD, BASICALLY THE MANGA STYLE, THE CHIAROSCURO IS VOLUPTUOUS & GORGEOUS

SOME METICULOUS TINY PARTS ARE MORE DELICATE THAN THE ONES IN THE FILM, SUCH AS CLAUDIA'S EYES, EXPRESSIONS AND HER FRENCH HAIRSTYLES

THINK I COULD EVEN HEAR HER TALKING PEEVISH, SEE HER MAKING CAPRICIOUS BEHAVIORS IN ORDER TO BE SPOILED BY HER TWO FATHERS
Brandy
May 17, 2012 marked it as to-read
oh this baby will soooo be mine!
Mandilyn
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: depressing
While the sepia tone illustrations are breathtaking, I do not feel like this novel did anything other than lift a few chapters of a book I already read and pasted pretty pictures on the page. I could buy a used paperback of 'Interview' for two dollars less than what I paid for this digital download and do roughly the same thing with my box of oil pastels, only the whole story would have pictures and you would have to identify the crudely drawn characters by hair color or if one is wearing a ...more
Ellie
Claudia is just a child when the vampire Lestat turns her, condemning her to an eternity trapped in a child’s body. As her love for Louis strengthens, so does her hatred of Lestat. This is her story.

Interview with the Vampire: Claudia’s Story is a graphic novel adapted from Anne Rice’s novel by Ashley Marie Witter. I would imagine that the target audience for this book are going to be existing fans so I won’t go into the story too much. Claudia’s very nature is contradictory; her childhood is
M A
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable reading for Anne Rice fans. Claudia is perhaps one of the most intriguing tragic characters ever penned and this effort to tell her side of things in a beautifully illustrated graphic novella is a great attempt and remains surprisingly evocative and relevant decades after "Interview with the Vampire" first captured legions of fans.

It lost a star because I didn't feel the writing went deep enough. This is basically the retelling of "Interview" in Claudia's viewpoint and voice. I
Anna
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely beautiful illustrated version of the Interview with the vampire story. I've disliked Claudia's character for so long that I considered buying this new story, but I am so very glad I did. It's a new point of view, telling things with her eyes.
And the illustrations, ah, so incredibly beautiful, this is a book I am going to re-read over and over again.
Tara
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written and illustrated. It's the story of Lestat and Louis' coming of age in a way. Claudia was their binding to one another and the ultimate catalyst to find their own path in life/death. I love the new take on this family and how it came to its heartbreaking ending.
Mark
Dewey: 741.5973 WIT
Disposition: Irving Public Library - South Campus - Irving, TX
_________________________________________________

REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Summary:
Graphic adaptation of a backstory tale of Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire. Claudia the “daughter” of Louis and Lestat, “born” in old New Orleans out of a time of plague
Adrienne
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'd been looking forward to this for months, with a mixture of excitement and trepidation ever since I heard it was coming out.

I shouldn't have worried.

The book is a beautiful hardcover edition and the art is gorgeous. I love the decision to make it all sepia with the only color the red of blood and blood tears (and how happy the blood tears made me! Finally!) I was especially happy that Armand was drop dead gorgeous.

Except for the narration interspersed here and there, there is no new text.
Thomas Edmund
Mar 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Not to surprisingly Claudia's story depicts her part in Interview with the Vampire, told via the graphic novel format.

The story is a little awkward in the sense there is little new for anyone familiar with the book, while simultaneously an Anne Rice virgin is unlikely to pick this book up and enjoy it as a stand-alone piece.

The artwork is nice especially the depiction of little Claudia, however I felt was overall un-dynamic. Aside from a few key scenes, the piece felt essentially actionless.

In
Karen
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I got this because I am a big fan of the Vampire Chronicles and look for anything that can expand on their stories. This fleshed out Claudia's story a lot more so that you have more of an understanding of why she was as she was. The art work is nice and I like the way it was done in black and white. It did make Louis appear to be nothing more than a pawn to Claudia after she became an adult in a child's body.

I think any Anne Rice fan will enjoy this.
Shelly
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing

An incredibly beautiful rendering of Anne Rice's vampire classic. While it offers nothing new to the storyline, the artist extracted the essence of the tortured characters in exquisitely detailed artwork. A book to savor.
Darlene Ruiz
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous artwork ..the best I have ever seen in my opinion
Timothy
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, anne-rice
Finally aviable for preorder on the nook color/ tablet comes out this nov..
Akira
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautifully done The imagery is done perfectly and the dialogue keeps the integrity of the original novel very well. ...more
Anne Helatrix
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story, the art, i couldnt put it down...wish they made more like this
Treasure Scarbro
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am enamored of Ashley Marie Witter's artwork, specifically her portrayal of Louis!
Marilyn
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I watched the movie when it first came out. So loved this graphic novel. You get to see it from her point of view.
Kate
Oct 02, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a beautiful graphic retelling of Claudia's viewpoint of events from Interview with the Vampire. The illustrations are exquisite and fit the time frame of the story. The characters do not look like the actors from the movie and are only vaguely manga-ish. If I could ignore that this appears to be based on the movie instead of the source material, I would have given this 4 stars based on the beauty of the artwork. I appreciated (very much!) that Armand did not look like Antonio Bandaras, ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Why was this book marked Not A Book? 3 78 Mar 13, 2013 10:05AM

• Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat: A Graphic Novel
  • Anne Rice's The Tale of the Body Thief (A Graphic Novel)
  • The Stand: Captain Trips
  • Pandora (New Tales of the Vampires, #1)
  • Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • Pandora / Vittorio the Vampire (New Tales of the Vampires)
  • The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2)
  • The Witches' Companion
  • The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles, #3)
  • The Vampire Armand (The Vampire Chronicles, #6)
  • Sleeping Beauty Trilogy (Sleeping Beauty, #1-3)
  • Belinda
  • The Vampire Companion
  • The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1)
  • Anne Rice's Servant of the Bones #2 (of 6)
  • The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty