Complaint Department discussion

What I really hate about... > What I really hate about work

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate the photocopier that is always broken.

message 2: by Susan65 (new)

Susan65 I hate that my boss comes into my office unexpectedly and I so obvious log off websites (GR)I'm not supposed to be on.

JustJen "Miss Conduct" I hate that it is always either too hot or too cold in my office

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve (scotstevie) | 27 comments I hate the bloody long drive into work

message 5: by Katharina (new)

Katharina | 106 comments I hate that it is never leaving me alone ;)

Ije the Devourer of Books | 12438 comments The lack of leadership from my manager.

message 7: by Jen4607 (new)

Jen4607 (jennifer4607) I hate that for two weeks now the woman behind me have talked non-stop. I just want them to shut up so I can get my work done and get home.

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (pokey36) How 'bout that you have to go at all! That probably sucks. :)

message 9: by Jen4607 (new)

Jen4607 (jennifer4607) It does! I'd get a lot more done from home but they only let me get away with that twice a week.

message 10: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (pokey36) Asshats!

JustJen "Miss Conduct" I really hate that my printer is making an ugly toner line and rather than just have the maintenance guy come clean the darn thing, I'm supposed to change the toner and keep my fingers crossed that fixes the problem, which I will do, when I can muster up the energy to go to the other side of the office to actually get the new toner.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

That I'll be doing it for another 40 years...

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Jen4607 wrote: "I hate that for two weeks now the woman behind me have talked non-stop. I just want them to shut up so I can get my work done and get home."

Amen.

message 14: by Kim (new)

Kim Alan (KimPossum) Jeffrey wrote: "That I'll be doing it for another 40 years..."

Ugh. Thanks so much for that! lol

message 15: by Danni (new)

Danni | 248 comments I hate that everyone else can access the internet at work but because l work in a school l can't access anything. Seriously l did a search on 'rocks and soils' the other day and even that (unbelievably sexy) topic was filtered.

And l hate that even if nothing was filtered it would make no difference anyway because the chances of being able to watch anything even halfway inappropriate when all our computers run on Windows '73 is pretty darn slim.

Ije the Devourer of Books | 12438 comments Jen4607 wrote: "I hate that for two weeks now the woman behind me have talked non-stop. I just want them to shut up so I can get my work done and get home."

Me too.

I hate that I work in an open plan office and I have to listen to colleagues talking loudly about TV, their relationships/family, their opinions, their previous jobs, their take on entertainment news etc etc and in the midst of all this chatter I am trying to write briefing papers and reports. I some times wonder how they can spend so much time talking through the day and I just wish they could talk quietly because I dont want to know their personal business.

message 17: by Roger (new)

Roger Kean | 17278 comments Lucas wrote: "I hate the photocopier that is always broken."

I hate that Danni is working in Windows '73, but really, Lucas… photocopier! . What's one of those, Dad?

message 18: by Linda-Grace (new)

Linda-Grace (lindagrace) I could write a book on how much i hate work lol

message 19: by Tj (new)

Tj (bluesmokey) | 632 comments Hubby's work - People here hate anyone that works where he does, we have to be paranoid because of his job (fear reprisals), rotating shifts, and now possible pay cuts and furloughs.

message 20: by Hector (new)

Hector Himeros (himeros) | 156 comments I hate work coz it takes my time from writing and designing (sigh)... but what can I do.... At the moment, my erotica writing activity and photoshop haven't brought much income...

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Hector wrote: "I hate work coz it takes my time from writing and designing (sigh)... but what can I do.... At the moment, my erotica writing activity and photoshop haven't brought much income..."

I hate that the writing and art that Hector Himeros does isn't providing him much income.

He is extremely talented and should be paid for his brilliant work. See an example at:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

JustJen "Miss Conduct" I hate that I had to drive all the way in to work today for a half day's work and that it is hardly worth it, yet nor is it worth taking a whole day off when we're getting out half day. And....I just really don't feel like working. :(

message 23: by Preston, Moderator (new)

Preston | 20148 comments I hate that there isn't enough work for all people who need jobs to take care of their families.

Ije the Devourer of Books | 12438 comments I hate that my manager (in my civil service job) is sneakily trying to get others to do his managment tasks (not me because he knows it just 'aint happnin') but he is busy bamboozling others to do so. He is paid an excellent salary, we all are, and I think he should accept responsibility and lead by example instead of trying to parcel it off to others. It makes me so annoyed.

message 25: by Angie (new)

Angie Lee | 3 comments I hate working with suck ups who take on new tasks just to look awesome when we all know suck ups are one step away from Peter Principling themselves out of job.

message 26: by Kat (last edited Apr 05, 2013 10:28AM) (new)

Kat (katrogiers) I hate having to sit for hours, until my legs start tingling and I can just feel a thrombosis attack coming up.

message 27: by Kat (new)

Kat (katrogiers) Oh god, and I hate suck ups too.

message 28: by Annie (new)

Annie (annie0212) | 2 comments I hate almost everything! I could fill pages with how much I hate my work.

message 29: by Roger (new)

Roger Kean | 17278 comments I utterly hate that I love almost all of my work so much. I just adore my boss (that's me, btw).

message 30: by Monika (new)

Monika  | 2175 comments I hate that I work for free and I can never retire from my work.

message 31: by Preston, Moderator (new)

Preston | 20148 comments Monika wrote: "I hate that I work for free and I can never retire from my work."

I regret to inform you that working for free and never being able to retire is called slavery (also known as housewifery.)

message 32: by Monika (new)

Monika  | 2175 comments Preston wrote: "Monika wrote: "I hate that I work for free and I can never retire from my work."

I regret to inform you that working for free and never being able to retire is called slavery (also known as house..."

Thank you Preston that makes me feel so much better....NOT!

message 33: by Boyd, Hunk of hunky burning passion (new)

Boyd (boydwalker) | 2304 comments Annie wrote: "I hate almost everything! I could fill pages with how much I hate my work."

But wouldn't filling pages with work stuff be a lot of work? Better just stick to complaining here in the Complaint Department because folks here understand and empathize: we're sorry your work is hateful.

message 34: by Roger (new)

Roger Kean | 17278 comments Annie wrote: "I hate almost everything! I could fill pages with how much I hate my work."

Please refer to S. Kubrick's movie The Shining and Jack Nicholson at work on his great novel… filling pages…

message 35: by Annie (new)

Annie (annie0212) | 2 comments Boyd wrote: "Annie wrote: "I hate almost everything! I could fill pages with how much I hate my work."

But wouldn't filling pages with work stuff be a lot of work? Better just stick to complaining here in the..."

Thanks. :) But I believe you are right. But maybe writing about it would at least be fun for others? ^^

message 36: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Harris | 2 comments I hate the stupid questions I get on the phone, and the urge I have to just slam it down and hang up.

message 37: by Preston, Moderator (new)

Preston | 20148 comments Nicole wrote: "I hate the stupid questions I get on the phone, and the urge I have to just slam it down and hang up."

Such madness and stupidity is epidemic. Sorry you have to deal with it.

message 38: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (desdinova) I always hated at work being asked where something was when either I or the customer were standing right by it.
Like asking me where the light bulbs were located as they park their cart in front of the light bulb display.
My worst was the lady who asked me where the exit was. The store only had one set of doors for in and out. So to me, I would have just retraced my steps. She was confused when I told her the front of the store and said she had not seen any doors. All I was thinking was..then how did you get in?

message 39: by Roger (last edited Nov 05, 2013 02:18AM) (new)

Roger Kean | 17278 comments David Western, a friend of mine who works in the bakery section of Ludlow Tesco, hates customers rummaging through his baked wares and leaving everything in a muddle. And when someone asks if they can have their choice of loaf sliced (there is a mechanical slicer on hand) he says, "No! Go and buy a cheap pre-sliced loaf off the shelves."

Interestingly, autocorrect just turned "baked wares" into "naked wares," but fortunately, I caught it in time.

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (desdinova) ..rummaging through his " naked wares".....HAHAhahahaha!

message 41: by Rich (new)

Rich | 472 comments I need to get me an autocorrect like yours Roger

message 42: by Roger (new)

Roger Kean | 17278 comments You're welcome to it, Rich!

message 43: by Hector (new)

Hector Himeros (himeros) | 156 comments I just start working a few days ago. I hate it already. What I hate is there;s no more "me" time. It's now office time all day long. Going to work early morning, come home at night. Tired!

I have no more time to write! :'( Its depressing. But then again, writing barely gives me any income (sigh).

message 44: by Therese (new)

Therese I hate that my colleague is going on holiday, since I have to be the back-up. Can't she just. Not. Go?
Bye-bye going home early in order to read dirty novels go to the gym.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I dislike being labeled "unfit for competitive employment"
I have a good social worker. It irritates me because I don't have a schedule to get me outbof the house... except for where I play tennis. Swim in pool. Point is I have many more volunteer experiences than work experience... except my work experience is very solid an long.. either morning nanny or art gallery.. a few side projects here and there, independent bookstores...
So me being in a smaller place my home town...vtgere are definitely lots of volunteer opportunities, for example I'd like to help in some community gardens. But my social worker says... at the place where I get health services.... they discourage people on disability to volunteer... they ask if you can volunteer why can't you work?

There are easy answers to that.Namely, I was injured while on the job. I take on way too much than I can handle. And generally worry myself to get it all done right away. Hugging self.