ellen hopkins fan club!!!!!!!! discussion

Books in verse

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Marie  (shanho6) | 2 comments One of the main reasons I love Ellen Hopkins' books is because they're written in verse which makes for a fast and easy read.
What other authors/books do you guys enjoy that are written in free verse?

message 2: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) Glimpse by Carol Lynch Williams Dead on Town Line by Leslie Connor are pretty good. I don't really like Lisa Schroeder much but she also writes verse novels...none I have found yet are as masterful as Hopkins.

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Marie  (shanho6) | 2 comments I've read glimpse and really enjoyed it! I agree about Lisa Schroeder's writing. I read her book I love you, you haunt me but I wasn't very impressed with it and haven't been interested in trying any of her other books.

I really wish there were more books out there written in free verse that tackled the topics similar to the ones Hopkins does in her books!

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie | 5 comments I also am very interested in books written in free verse. please let me know if you find any as captivating as Ms.Hopkins.

message 5: by Steph (new)

Steph | 4 comments I like Sonya Sones.
Her books aren't anywhere near an Ellen Hopkins level, but they're getting me by until Rumble comes out.

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie | 5 comments I will check Sonya Sones out. Thanks!

message 7: by Steph (new)

Steph | 4 comments I read Heaven Looks A Lot Like the Mall on Saturday...it was pretty good. Not WOW great, but a nice refreshing 2 hour read. I'd say it's worth a pickup from the library. Can't think of the author right now, but it's in my "Read" bookshelf.

message 8: by Steph (new)

Steph | 4 comments Oh and I also read "Things Left Unsaid" on Saturday..it's free verse also.
Didn't care for it, but maybe that's just me. I'm picky.

message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie | 5 comments Thanks for the suggestions. I just finished Katie Mcgarry pushing the limits and dare you to. Both were good books.