Goodreads Developers discussion

questions > There Was an Error with This Oauth Request

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabriela (last edited Mar 10, 2013 04:58PM) (new)

Gabriela (gabidavila) | 2 comments Hi,

I was able to sucessfully connect via oauth, but now, suddely (I did not changed my code), I get this error when users log in into my app:

The authorize URL is http://www.goodreads.com/oauth/author...

There Was an Error with This Oauth Request

This is likely due to an expired request. Please notify the owner of the application if this error continues to happen.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) Maybe the timestamp on the client is wrong? Is the clock on the device correctly set?

message 3: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela (gabidavila) | 2 comments Yes it is, suddelly it works again... Idk what was, but a few hors after that I tryed again and it was ok.

message 4: by Saurabh (new)

Saurabh Hooda (hooda) @Michael, Can there be any other issue other than client timestamp? I am getting this same error and not able to fix it anyhow :(

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) You need to make sure not only your local clock is right, but also the local timezone is set correctly.

If you're still having issues, you should send us more details.

message 6: by Saurabh (new)

Saurabh Hooda (hooda) Michael,
I want to highlight that am using opauth API for goodreads sign in.
I observed that after entering my id+password I am able to login into goodreads (i can see my profile pic on top right) but still this message is displayed to me:
"There Was an Error with This Oauth Request

This is likely due to an expired request. Please notify the owner of the application if this error continues to happen."

I am not passing any timestamp; browser might be doing so. I've cross checked that clock is set right.

How can i debug this further? Thanks a lot for your time.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) can you pass more details about your implementation? are you using an oauth library? Perhaps pasting in relevant code may help us diagnose.

message 8: by Pa (new)

Pa | 1 comments Michael/Saurabh,

I am getting the same error as Saurabh. Could you please let me know how to resolve this issue

message 9: by Shubham (new)

Shubham Kapoor | 1 comments from goodreads import client
import xmltodict
gc = client.GoodreadsClient('my key', 'my secret')
gc.authenticate()

it is showing this error
There Was an Error with This Oauth Request
This is likely due to an expired request. Please notify the owner of the application if this error continues to happen.

KeyError: "Decoder failed to handle oauth_token with data as returned by provider. A different decoder may be needed. Provider returned: b'Invalid OAuth Request\\n'"

message 10: by Leo (new)

Leo Arias (elopio) | 2 comments Are you using goodreads_api_client?
I found this: https://github.com/mdzhang/goodreads-...