Calculated in Death (In Death, #36) Calculated in Death question

rating books
Christy Christy Mar 10, 2013 10:04AM
I'm new to this site and can't figure out how to rate books so I can receive recommendattions? any help would be appreciated

Donna (last edited Mar 10, 2013 03:47PM ) Mar 10, 2013 02:51PM   1 vote
On your home page, there is a blank spot to type in what you're currently reading. When you are finished with the book, click on finished reading and the screen will take you to the option to review the book. Click on the stars--how many you want to give the book--and write a review as an option. But for good recommendations, you need to assign each book to a shelf. Next to the book's title in your review screen, it says shelves. Type in something like suspense or classic, or whatever you would classify the book as. You can use multiple shelf descriptions. Soon, after doing this for several books, you will have recommendations by shelf that you should check off as wanting to read or not interested in so the Goodreads genie can know what books you're more likely to enjoy. The more you read, the better it gets. And to accumulate recommendations faster, add books you've already read, classify them as read, rate and shelf them. I hope this helps.

If you have a particular favorite author/authors (such as Nora Roberts) you can search them. It will show a list of all their books on the site and you can rate them from there. I really like the "want to read" feature. If I come across a book I want to read I will put it on my "want to read" shelf and it keeps a list for me. When I read one I rate it and it moves to the "read" shelf.