What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED-Going back in time [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debi (new)

Debi | 14 comments Two books I want to read again but can't think of the name. (1)A man walks down a railroad track and through a tunnel and finds himself in the past. He goes back home tells a friend and later the friend follows him but this time he gets hit by a train a killed. The friend reveals that the man was on drugs and it was all a hallucination. (2)A young girl walking in the fog goes back in time to a small town or village. That is all I remember of that one except I believe it was a children's book. Thanks for the help.

message 2: by Debi (new)

Debi | 14 comments Hey, #2 is "Fog Magic" but I still need help with the first one.

message 3: by CLM (last edited Jan 14, 2008 05:41AM) (new)

CLM | 298 comments I believe #1 is The House on the Strand by Daphne DuMaurier. I always loved time travel books but was annoyed by the ones where it turned out at the end that it was all a dream...

I think I identified #2 just a couple months ago for someone else. A lot of us must have found this book which I had always thought was a bit obscure.

message 4: by Debi (new)

Debi | 14 comments CLM, Thank you so much. You are right about the name of the book. I am so glad to finally know and went ahead and ordered a copy. Thank you for responding!