Books for Trading! discussion

Trader Evaluations > Bad Traders

Comments Showing 1-50 of 264 (264 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by ReadWriteLove28 (last edited Aug 16, 2017 07:42PM) (new)

ReadWriteLove28 | 39 comments Mod
This is a list of traders who are known to NOT be reputable:

RECENTLY UPDATED
Heather C @Sallari29

@RunYouCleverBoy

@sexay_pancakes

@manlyzaco

@Gloriouslove16

Drew:
@_thathorrorukono
@_thisismylifee
@bookswhomilove
@booksaremybabe
@bookjunky7

SCAMMERS FROM AWHILE AGO

Jessica:
@crossrroadsreviews
@ratherreadbooks
@witchreader
@StoreofBooks
@Goecobooks

Stephanie from Ohio
@booknerdgirl16 = Twitter
Booknerdbabe97 = Goodreads

Maddie Brooks
@crazyworldofmb

Kelli
@KelliReads

Others (1 person complained so far)
@GCNashWrites
@BeyondBooks28

Please comment below the name and GR username of any people who you have made trades with that have NOT upheld their end of the trade.

La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt | 64 comments Just a warning to people using the #BooksForTrade hash on Twitter. Jessica Porter from @crossroadsreviews is scamming people again. She has been deleted here thank goodness.

message 3: by Bayram (new)

Bayram F. | 7 comments Jessica Porter also has three other Twitter accounts, she has tried using them to trade before.

Link to a picture of the accounts: https://twitter.com/crossroadreview/s...

Jessica (Goldenfurpro) (Goldenfurproductions) This is going to sound weird and I'm nervous saying this, but I actually had a successful trade from her before everything blew up. Though, all of this is making me cautious.

La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt | 64 comments Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "This is going to sound weird and I'm nervous saying this, but I actually had a successful trade from her before everything blew up. Though, all of this is making me cautious."

I was going to trade with her and she said she had a book, but when I agreed to the trade she said she never said she had that book. When I said it was on her trade list she said "oh yeah" she was trading for a friend and then sent a picture of the book. When I asked how she got a picture of it so soon. She said because she had it right there. I then said, but you said it was your friend's book. She then said she never said that! So I told her I felt uneasy about the trade, but that I had two trade references I could give her and I would send her the book she wanted after I received hers. She then said that she thought I was PAYING for the book! Right after that I saw on Twitter she had ripped off two pretty big name book bloggers; one for seven books and one for three. :(

message 6: by JilltheOWL (new)

JilltheOWL (yaforowl) I too have had issues. At the end of May she was to send me a book that I agreed to trade. I sent hers. She got it. Waited and waited then contacted her. Some story about them getting mixed up and not know who they went to and she tried to find out on Twitter, but couldn't find me so the book went to someone else. All this in the DM that shows all our previous messages......Then she said to take two others of hers. I did, but still waiting on those too. That started around July 2nd. I've pretty much decided I'll never see them.

message 7: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 96 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "This is going to sound weird and I'm nervous saying this, but I actually had a successful trade from her before everything blew up. Though, all of this is making me c..."

She's horrid. She backs out of all kinds of deals, or she'll promise the same book to multiple people. Plus she's stealing money when she's "selling" books because she never sends them to people. And she reported me for harassment because I had the nerve to say something on Twitter. I'd seen too many of my friends get ripped off by her. It's disgusting to see what she's done, and to be honest, I've stopped trading because of her.

message 8: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 96 comments JilltheOWL wrote: "I too have had issues. At the end of May she was to send me a book that I agreed to trade. I sent hers. She got it. Waited and waited then contacted her. Some story about them getting mixed up..."

You can report her for mail fraud through the USPS.

message 9: by Shyanne (last edited Aug 25, 2015 07:21PM) (new)

Shyanne (ShyanneR) | 58 comments I've seen Jessica Porter using the hashtag again. Her twitter is @RatherReadBooks

La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt | 64 comments Shyanne wrote: "I've seen Jessica Porter using the hashtag again. Her twitter is @RatherReadBooks"

Thanks for the heads up! I wonder if she can also be reported to Twitter?

message 11: by Shyanne (new)

Shyanne (ShyanneR) | 58 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "Shyanne wrote: "I've seen Jessica Porter using the hashtag again. Her twitter is @RatherReadBooks"

Thanks for the heads up! I wonder if she can also be reported to Twitter?"

I think so! I was able to stop one trade.

message 12: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 96 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "Shyanne wrote: "I've seen Jessica Porter using the hashtag again. Her twitter is @RatherReadBooks"

Thanks for the heads up! I wonder if she can also be reported to Twitter?"

She just reports the people who report her. She reported me for telling everyone that she was stealing, and she blocks and reports people when they ask where their promised books are.

And if you have traded with her, you can always recall your books back to you if they haven't been delivered. It costs some money, but at least you won't lose your book.

Sarah (A Weebish Book Blog) (aweebishbookblog) | 37 comments I have done three successful trades now and no bad ones, but I was wondering if ya'll find it.. leery when someone asks for you to send your tracking # before they send theirs. We've already agreed to the trade

message 14: by La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt (last edited Sep 02, 2015 04:32PM) (new)

La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt | 64 comments One Curvy Blogger wrote: "I have done three successful trades now and no bad ones, but I was wondering if ya'll find it.. leery when someone asks for you to send your tracking # before they send theirs. We've already agreed..."

I don't find it leery because they are just being leery of you. If I don't know a person, or know someone who knows them, or they don't have a blog I can check them out on, I usually wait to see if they will send their's first, but I have never outright asked.

message 15: by La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt (last edited Sep 03, 2015 12:07AM) (new)

La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt | 64 comments Proof that Jessica Porter sits watching #BooksForTrade on Twitter. Two minutes after I posted a warning that she was trading again she comment tagged me. And it wasn't from getting a tag notice because I put parentheses around the @ so she wouldn't get notified. (@)RatherReadBooks. She told me to get a life.

Sarah (A Weebish Book Blog) (aweebishbookblog) | 37 comments Linda "La La" wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "I have done three successful trades now and no bad ones, but I was wondering if ya'll find it.. leery when someone asks for you to send your tracking # before they send ..."

Okay, just making sure. I've only had successful trades but I'm still new at this. :)

message 17: by Shyanne (last edited Sep 02, 2015 05:43PM) (new)

Shyanne (ShyanneR) | 58 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "Proof that Jessica Porter sits watching #BookForTrade on Twitter. Two minutes after I posted a wraning that she was trading again she comment tagged me. And it wasn't rom getting a tag notice becau..."

She stalks the hashtag and blocks everyone who reports her. I wrote a big complaint to twitter about her. Every time someone comments on her picture, I message them.

Natalie (Never trust a duck) | 38 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "Proof that Jessica Porter sits watching #BookForTrade on Twitter. Two minutes after I posted a wraning that she was trading again she comment tagged me. And it wasn't rom getting a tag notice becau..."

I saw that!! I don't see how she doesn't understand what she's doing is wrong and how most everyone knows she's a cheat.

message 19: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 96 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "Proof that Jessica Porter sits watching #BookForTrade on Twitter. Two minutes after I posted a wraning that she was trading again she comment tagged me. And it wasn't rom getting a tag notice becau..."

OMG. I didn't know of that account of hers. She has multiple accounts, so I find it so hard to trust anyone on Twitter.

message 20: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 96 comments Natalie (Never trust a duck) wrote: "Linda "La La" wrote: "Proof that Jessica Porter sits watching #BookForTrade on Twitter. Two minutes after I posted a wraning that she was trading again she comment tagged me. And it wasn't rom gett..."

What she's doing is illegal. It's theft by deception and mail fraud. The mail fraud could is a federal offense, yet she keeps going. Unbelievable.

message 21: by Shyanne (new)

Shyanne (ShyanneR) | 58 comments Erin Lynn wrote: "Natalie (Never trust a duck) wrote: "Linda "La La" wrote: "Proof that Jessica Porter sits watching #BookForTrade on Twitter. Two minutes after I posted a wraning that she was trading again she comm..."

Everyone should get together and report her.

La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt | 64 comments Erin Lynn wrote: "Linda "La La" wrote: "Proof that Jessica Porter sits watching #BookForTrade on Twitter. Two minutes after I posted a wraning that she was trading again she comment tagged me. And it wasn't rom gett..."

I know. Since I ran into her,I won't trade with anyone who doesn't have an updated blog with current reviews, unless I know someone who knows who they are.

message 23: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 96 comments Shyanne wrote: "Erin Lynn wrote: "Natalie (Never trust a duck) wrote: "Linda "La La" wrote: "Proof that Jessica Porter sits watching #BookForTrade on Twitter. Two minutes after I posted a wraning that she was trad..."

A few people have done that. She just creates a new Twitter account. Right now she's using the handle @RatherReadBooks now, so do not trade with it, and report her.

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (HelloJennyReviews) | 14 comments For those who are weary. Please stay that way. I was her CoHost for the #readon for a while. No one knew about me and she SOLD or traded me the books from authors. She hardly ever reads the books these authors send her and her reviews are faked. She still owes me 15 or so books that I traded her for last year. She hacked and deleted my blog. but even after all that, the worst thing she ever did was raise money for her "grandmothers" cremation but she told me after the money was raised that he "aunt" paid for it so she used the money for a new fridge, phones, and macbook. She is sick and authors need to be made aware to stay away from her

La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt | 64 comments Jennifer wrote: "For those who are weary. Please stay that way. I was her CoHost for the #readon for a while. No one knew about me and she SOLD or traded me the books from authors. She hardly ever reads the books t..."

Wow, imagine what she could do if she put all that time and energy into good activities. It is such a shame people have to be like this.

Shannon (It Starts At Midnight) (ShannonMiz) | 29 comments Jennifer wrote: "For those who are weary. Please stay that way. I was her CoHost for the #readon for a while. No one knew about me and she SOLD or traded me the books from authors. She hardly ever reads the books t..."

I have to say that I have heard these exact same things from others who used to be friends with her, who came to me in droves after I'd talked about her scamming me. So while I am not surprised, I am really, really sad. And I had a feeling about the reviews. Like, a really strong feeling, to the point where I'd have bet money on it ;) The grandmother thing though... WOW. That just takes it to an entirely new level.

I am REALLY sorry about your blog too. That has to be awful :(

message 27: by Shyanne (new)

Shyanne (ShyanneR) | 58 comments Another bad trader on Twitter: @crazyworldofmb

message 28: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 96 comments Shyanne wrote: "Another bad trader on Twitter: @crazyworldofmb"

Oh no! Thanks for letting us know. I'm going to block her now so she can't contact me about trades.

message 29: by Shyanne (new)

Shyanne (ShyanneR) | 58 comments Another bad trader @Bookishwithtea smh

Maryssa (Sisters Who Read) (andmaryssa) | 50 comments @bookishwithtea/Ava Mortier

message 31: by Shyanne (new)

Shyanne (ShyanneR) | 58 comments Jessica Porter changed her Twitter name it's @WitchReader

Shannon (It Starts At Midnight) (ShannonMiz) | 29 comments Shyanne wrote: "Jessica Porter changed her Twitter name it's @WitchReader"

Thank you for letting us know!!

message 33: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 96 comments Shyanne wrote: "Jessica Porter changed her Twitter name it's @WitchReader"

OMG. This girl.

I saw that she said she'll no longer be using the hashtag, but beware... she set up a Facebook group for selling and trading her books.

La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt | 64 comments Erin Lynn wrote: "Shyanne wrote: "Jessica Porter changed her Twitter name it's @WitchReader"

OMG. This girl.

I saw that she said she'll no longer be using the hashtag, but beware... she set up a Facebook group fo..."

What's the name of the FB group?

message 35: by Books On Replay (new)

Books On Replay (BooksOnReplay) | 27 comments Books for Trade and Sale

message 36: by CapesandCovers (new)

CapesandCovers | 97 comments @GCNashWrites and @KelliReads on twitter. If you want to know more about the trades, feel free to DM me

message 37: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (goodreadscomfoxtrotreads) | 88 comments Ashley @bookz4nerdz

message 38: by Erin Lynn (last edited Nov 10, 2015 07:35AM) (new)

Erin Lynn | 96 comments Kristen wrote: "Ashley @bookz4nerdz"

It took her a lot of convincing to send her the book she said she'd send me. She said that the post office lost it, and that she'd sent me her last ARC of it. Then after I finally got it, she posted pictures on Instagram of the other copy. She definitely tried to scam me.

If you keep on her, she might eventually send it. It took her a while to finally send mine, but I eventually got it.

message 39: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (goodreadscomfoxtrotreads) | 88 comments Erin, a lot of people I've spoken to said that she said she sent a copy and then it got lost in the mail so she would send her own copy...I've tried contacting her but she hasn't replied. I'm glad you finally got yours!

message 40: by Calla (new)

Calla (callawalker) | 88 comments Erin Lynn wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Ashley @bookz4nerdz"

It took her a lot of convincing to send her the book she said she'd send me. She said that the post office lost it, and that she'd sent me her last ARC of it. ..."

That was my exact experience with her.

message 41: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 96 comments Calla wrote: "Erin Lynn wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Ashley @bookz4nerdz"

It took her a lot of convincing to send her the book she said she'd send me. She said that the post office lost it, and that she'd sent me he..."

OMG. Now I feel really bad. She was one of the first people I traded with, and I just kept giving her the benefit of the doubt. Well, now that there are at least three people saying the same thing, we know it's true.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this too. Tweet her, and do it with the hashtag. Make her know that you want the book she owes you. It worked for me.

message 42: by Meredith (new)

Meredith  (pandorasbooks) | 19 comments Jessica Porter is back on the hashtag, trading and selling as @WitchReader

message 43: by Vivien (new)

Vivien  | 23 comments Maddie Brooks @crazyworldofmb

message 44: by La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt (last edited Dec 04, 2015 04:13PM) (new)

La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt | 64 comments One good thing about Jessica Porter blocking people who report her is that now when we tweet to people about not trading with her, she can't see them. I tweeted a warning several times yesterday and obviously she didn't see them be there was not a peep from her.

Has anyone ever seen her trying to sell an ARC?

message 45: by Dash (new)

Dash Graci | 2 comments Two more bad traders for you guys: @BFFofCharacters and @BeyondBooks28. They both pulled the same routine, after we agreed on what books to trade for and exchanged the necessary information I never heard from either of them again (despite my inquiries) and never got my books even though I fulfilled my end of the deal.

La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt | 64 comments Dashiell wrote: "Two more bad traders for you guys: @BFFofCharacters and @BeyondBooks28. They both pulled the same routine, after we agreed on what books to trade for and exchanged the necessary information I never..."

Were either of those addresses in Florida?

message 47: by Erin Lynn (last edited Jan 17, 2016 06:27PM) (new)

Erin Lynn | 96 comments Dashiell wrote: "Two more bad traders for you guys: @BFFofCharacters and @BeyondBooks28. They both pulled the same routine, after we agreed on what books to trade for and exchanged the necessary information I never..."

Sarah (@BFFofCharacters) looks to be a giveaway account. I know someone in the tag was warning people because her picture of her Cinder ARC was fake or something.

If I were you, I would say something in the hashtag, too. It might send the message to both of them.

message 48: by Calla (last edited Jan 17, 2016 07:00PM) (new)

Calla (callawalker) | 88 comments Dashiell wrote: "Two more bad traders for you guys: @BFFofCharacters and @BeyondBooks28. They both pulled the same routine, after we agreed on what books to trade for and exchanged the necessary information I never..."

I'm sorry this happened to you :( I don't know that second twitter, but I have traded twice with @BFFofCharacters, and both were totally normal exchanges. I have no idea why she would scam you and not others. It doesn't make any sense to me, and I am in no way excusing or denying her actions. I just wanted to add what my experience was.

ETA: I feel like I shouldn't have said anything because it doesn't matter that I had successful trades with her--she still scammed you and others should be warned. I'm sorry :(

message 49: by Calla (last edited Jan 17, 2016 06:48PM) (new)

Calla (callawalker) | 88 comments Erin Lynn wrote: "Dashiell wrote: "Two more bad traders for you guys: @BFFofCharacters and @BeyondBooks28. They both pulled the same routine, after we agreed on what books to trade for and exchanged the necessary in..."

I can verify her Cinder arc was not fake b/c it was me she traded it to, and I received it.

(I'm not trying to defend her--there's no defending what she did to Dashiell--I'm just adding my experience with her. But if I was Dashielle, I would probably mention it in the hashtag too to warn people.)

La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt | 64 comments Calla wrote: "Erin Lynn wrote: "Dashiell wrote: "Two more bad traders for you guys: @BFFofCharacters and @BeyondBooks28. They both pulled the same routine, after we agreed on what books to trade for and exchange..."

@Dashiell: Did she say why she didn't send them? Maybe they were lost in the mail. Even Media Mail gives a free tracking # now. You should ask her for it. If she doesn't have a # then she never sent them.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6