The Heir (The Selection, #4) The Heir discussion

Is it possible that Lady Brice is Page?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faatima (last edited May 04, 2016 05:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Faatima I'm not sure, but what are the odds?

UPDATE: OMG OMG OMG. I just found out who Brice is. OMG.

message 2: by Maximilian (new) - added it

Maximilian Page? Who's Page?

Lorelei Who's Page

Carly oh my god. i need to re-think my life

Mcmeki Yes, I thought lady Brice was page too, because the last time we saw page, Maxon hired her to work for him and Lady brice didn't have a good connection with her mother, just like page. It's possible she is page.

Madi O.S I think she is, there are little hints, I even went back and reread the one and then compared it to The Heir.

Larose Totally! When I meet her I was like "ahhhhhh. That's what happened to her."

Megan I thought that too! but, in the Heir, Lady Brice says shes been in the palace ALMOST as long as Eady, but Page has actually been there longer than Eady...

Elizabeth I was actually wondering if Lady Brice could be Kriss. One reason is that Kriss never appears in The Heir, and it seemed like Cass went out of her way to at least mention everyone else that had been in the first three books.

Another thing is how similar their names are: Kriss Ambers and Brice Mannor. They have very similar vowel sounds and cadence. We know that Kriss was a plant by the northern rebels, so it's possible that "Kriss" was a fake name in the first place. Or she and Maxon could have agreed to change her name when he placed her on his cabinet, in order for it to not be so obvious to the general public that he was choosing a rebel as one of his closest advisors. Changing her name after the fact could also explain why why tells people that she has been there "almost as long as" Eadlyn.

Kriss and Maxon were very close, almost as close as America and Maxon, so it makes sense that he would choose her as one of his closest advisors. That's why she popped into my mind when I read about Lady Brice. But maybe I'm really wrong, who knows?

Galaxy TBH I always thought it was Kriss

Rebecca Sampon I am so intrigued about Brice Mannor. She is so mysterious that I'm sure we'll get an answer in book 5 about her origin and how she is connected to Maxon.

I thought she could be an illegitimate child from someone that the family decided to take in but I'm not sure. Possibly a daughter King Clarkson had out of wedlock (drama!). There isn't any hints about it but that is what my brain jumped too first thing.

I don't think it would be Kriss because too many people would recognize her. Although, I have no idea why people wouldn't have recognized Marlee as Malory when she was hiding in the kitchens.

The fact that she was described as demure reminded me of Lady Elise but I think that is unlikely as well.

I had initially thought it would be Page as well but I don't think she would go from maid to advisor.

ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc They say that America was like a mother to her so I figured we'd learn something new.

Shaine I didn't think it was Page at all. Same comment from the one above. I don't think she will go from maid to advisor.

message 14: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Rose Page is the girl who found America in the alley when she got shot by rebels in the Elite.

message 15: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Graves I don't think it's Kriss because they said she's older then eadlyn but not quite as old Maxon. So it couldn't be Kriss unless she got the age wrong

Kelsey Lady Brice can't be Kriss because in the novellas Kriss marries and lives her life independently of the palace. Lady Brice says she never married, but we know Kriss did.

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan It couldn't be Page because Page is one of Americas maids with Anne. But it does bother me about Brice because I want to know more about her!

Rebecca Sampon Here is what we really know:

-She has been at the castle about as long as Eadlyn has been alive
-She is young enough to consider America her surrogate mom
-But also old enough that Eadlyn wondered briefly if her father could be interested in her
-Mature and smart enough to be serving as an advisor to Maxon, not being replaced every few years like the rest on the counsel
-Implied her biological mom wasn't the best at being a mom

All of this makes me think she is significant in a way we don't know yet. Kiera wouldn't tell us these things about her if she weren't. I cant wait find out.

Rebecca Sampon Here is what we really know:

-She has been at the castle about as long as Eadlyn has been alive
-She is young enough to consider America her surrogate mom
-But also old enough that Eadlyn wondered briefly if her father could be interested in her
-Mature and smart enough to be serving as an advisor to Maxon, not being replaced every few years like the rest on the counsel
-Implied her biological mom wasn't the best at being a mom

All of this makes me think she is significant in a way we don't know yet. Kiera wouldn't tell us these things about her if she weren't. I cant wait find out.

Sarah My thoughts also went to Paige. I don't think it is Kriss. Either way I am very curious about who she is.

message 21: by Sofía (new)

Sofía Valero It cant be Kriss she became math teacher an married another teacher.

message 22: by Madi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madi O.S You find out who Lady Brice is in The Crown.

message 23: by Lucile (new)

Lucile Bailly BE CAREFULL SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

In the book it is said that Lady Brice is Maxon's illegitimate sister, she is the product of a cheat on King Clarkson, when Maxon have heard about it he tried to found her and we he did it he was with Ame, Lady Brice is younger than them, this explain that Brice is taking America as a replacement mother !

message 24: by Lucile (new)

Lucile Bailly A cheat of King Clarkson* sorry ahah

message 25: by Aarian (new)

Aarian Martinez No, because Paige and Mary work for América

message 26: by UnwantedFangirl (new)

UnwantedFangirl SPOILER ALERT:

if Lucile is right, and Lady Brice is a stepsister of Maxon. (Because King Clarkson cheated. Of course) THEN I KNEW IT THE WHOLE TIME OMG.

Faatima Lol I've known she's not ever since the Crown was released.

message 28: by RAD (new) - added it

RAD Elizabeth wrote: "I was actually wondering if Lady Brice could be Kriss. One reason is that Kriss never appears in The Heir, and it seemed like Cass went out of her way to at least mention everyone else that had bee..."
Some people say that Lady Brice is half-sister of Maxon. I'm not sure. And that she has an unknown mother. So that might be why Brice says that America "was always a tough one".