You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Challenges: Year Long Main 2021 > Pauline's Low Octane Year Long Challenge ABC

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pauline (last edited Nov 06, 2013 08:49PM) (new)

Pauline (sunny745) | 37 comments I am choosing to do the second name of the author. Gotta go find books...might just list one at a time..we'll see. :) Glad to be here!

1. Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood Finished
2. An Appetite for Murder by Lucy Burdette Finished
3. Murder for Choir by Joelle Charbonneau Finished
4. A Conflict of Interest by Barbara Dunlop Finished
5. Daughter of York by Anne Easter Smith Finished
6. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett Finished
7. Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51046 comments Awesome! You figured it out. :) So glad you are joining us, Pauline.

message 3: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (sunny745) | 37 comments Thanks Janice. :)

message 4: by Ava Catherine (new)

Ava Catherine | 4258 comments The Pillars of the Earthmay be long, but it is a magnificent book! You have chosen well! Happy reading! : )

message 5: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (sunny745) | 37 comments Well, I've got a long way to go...I haven't finished my first book yet. But...it's interesting. :)

message 6: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17693 comments I'll be interested in what you think of the Agatha Christie. I read it this time last year while travelling for a wedding that involved a week around vineyards in summer. I'm so jealous of past Rusalka...

message 7: by Pauline (last edited Nov 06, 2013 08:38PM) (new)

Pauline (sunny745) | 37 comments Well, I finally finished reading it (Oryx and Crake) and I absolutely loved it...very imaginative. I find the author has great insight into the state of our world...where it's heading, unfortunately. I can see so called intelligent scientists trying to screw up nature...which they already have with a lot of our food.

message 8: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (sunny745) | 37 comments I finally finished reading The Pillars Of The Earth...took me forever. lol But it was worth it...I was captivated by it! Really great book! :)