Robert Crais Book Chat discussion

which is your favorite Robert Crais Book?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.N. (new)

M.N. Miller (MNMiller) | 3 comments for me it would have to be LA Requiem. I really feel it elevated the standard crime thriller genre.

message 2: by Mike (last edited Feb 23, 2013 09:50AM) (new)

Mike My first Crais book, Taken (Elvis Cole, #13 / Joe Pike, #4) by Robert Crais

message 3: by Tonty (new)

Tonty | 2 comments The Sentry

message 4: by Tonty (new)

Tonty | 2 comments Mike wrote: "My first Crais book, Taken (Elvis Cole, #13 / Joe Pike, #4) by Robert Crais"

A Nice Fast Paced book!!!!

message 5: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne The Last Detective

message 6: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy I like them all, of course, but The Forgotten Man is special to me and all the latest, they keep getting better. Just love Elvis and Joe.

message 7: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (dianneos) | 1 comments The Monkey's Raincoat.... Because it led me to all of the others!

message 8: by Ty (new)

Ty Patterson | 3 comments The fave Cole and Pike for me is the one in which Cole is faced with choosing between Pike and Lucy and Pike nearly dies in it. Such an atmospheric book.

message 9: by Lyrpa (new)

Lyrpa | 5 comments Ty, what is the name of the book. I don't remember that and I want to read it.

message 10: by Ty (new)

Ty Patterson | 3 comments Lyrpa, it is L.A. Requeim. It's one hell of a book.

message 11: by Lyrpa (new)

Lyrpa | 5 comments Thanks, Ty, I don't know how I missed it. I will definitely check it out.

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie (goodreadscomj-watanabe) | 2 comments Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this group. I fell in love with Robert Crais novels from the beginning when Monkey's Raincoat came out. I don't know if I have a favorite, because each one is such a fun read. I've read them all, in order, as they've come out. Can't wait for the next one!

message 13: by The Central (new)

The Central Op | 2 comments So I've read (listened) to the first two Elvis Cole novels Monkey's Raincoat and Stalking The Angel and will continue to make my way. Although there's a chance I may jump ahead and read L.A. Requiem. That said, in many of the overviews and descriptions written about the Elvis Cole series, they often mention the character's "concern for abused and battered women and children". My question to fans of the Elvis Cole and Joe Pike series, is there a book in the series where those forms of domestic violence, in particular an abused woman, is a primary focus of the narrative? I know one aspect of L.A Requiem deals with flashbacks of Joe's abuse as a child but I'm interested if there is a book that focus of on Elvis and Joe getting involved in a case that involves domestic violence?

message 14: by Tom (new)

Tom (tag019) | 2 comments Hey,
My advice (for what it's worth), don't skip. Lullaby Town is a good one. The series really starts getting better with L.A. Requiem though. To answer your question, I don't recall Crais tackling the subject of domestic violence.

message 15: by The Central (last edited Sep 29, 2017 11:44AM) (new)

The Central Op | 2 comments Wow that was fast! LOL. Thanks, Tom. I know there's just touches of it Cole's narration when he references "prior cases" in the first two books. And to some extent, it's alluded to in The Monkey's Raincoat in regards to Ellen and her son but it's pretty lightly mentioned. Nonetheless, I truly appreciate your reply... And your advice regarding continuing to read them in order.

message 16: by Tom (new)

Tom (tag019) | 2 comments You're welcome. Enjoy the series.

message 17: by Gail (new)

Gail | 3 comments I can't pick a favorite although some are more suspenseful than others. I am totally absorbed by the story lines and the strong characters. I love their passion and their integrity.