Independent Author Services and Promotions discussion

Welcome to the Group! > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 5 comments Howdy.

I'm Andrew, a semi-active reader. (I've been averaging 2 to 2 1/2 books a week over the past few years, with 1 of those 2 1/2 being an audio book during my commute.)

I've been doing a short write-up to Goodreads on every book since I got active earlier this year; they are cross-posted to Amazon (either if the author requests or if I think it has a point not yet brought up). I have not started a blog ... yet. (1) Time. (2) not unless I can come up with something to differentiate it from the other avid reader blogs out there.

My usual reads are mystery / suspense in fiction, and hockey / nature in non-fiction. However, I try to keep things open and can/do enjoy things in most genres. Soft spot for the newbie and/or indie authors; one day I'll get off my arse and join you!

Willing to accept materials for review - if you're not in a hurry ... I'm currently looking at books sent to me 6-8 weeks ago. (I WILL make an exception an cut you to the front of the line for hockey biographies! ) Also willing to participate in private dialog; have enjoyed a few of those over the past year!

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindysmithjordan) | 8 comments Hello my name is Cindy. I am an Author,Poet,an avid reader of all types of genre. I have a special liking for Romance/ Erotic types of books. Action books also grabs my attention. If it has an interesting storyline then most likely I will like to read it.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (beckstarreviews) | 12 comments Hey everyone! I posted this on the welcome board, but I figured it would serve better here in the intros :) My name is Lauren and I have recently started a review blog. I don't have any followers yet, but I have quite a few reviews up for only doing it for a few weeks :) I have a few authors that are sharing the blog with their couple thousand Facebook followers, so hopefully that will change soon!

I'm going to school for editing and plan to start writing my first book very soon. I have a lot of different ideas, just have to pick one and go with it!

I'd be more than happy to do reviews for anyone, in any genre. I have a soft spot for indie authors; I like the idea that I was there supporting them before they became famous ;-)

Happy writing!

message 4: by Tony (new)

Tony Riches (tonyriches) | 3 comments Hi I am Tony a full time author from Wales UK - always happy to support other authors with guest posts and book launches and can send free review copies of any of my books. Also try to review at least one book a month - and have a wide range of tastes! See my blog at:

http://www.tonyriches.co.uk/

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zagar (victoriazagar) | 7 comments Hi, I'm Victoria Zagar. I love to write and I love to read. My favorite genres are fantasy and sci-fi, especially with elements of GLBT romance. I was born in the U.K. and emigrated to the U.S., but damn do I miss Pukka Pies.

I'm always looking for new friends here on Goodreads so feel free to add me if we have book interests in common.

I also have an author website at http://victoriazagar.com where I review books, post snippets and details of upcoming releases and review GLBT themed books (mostly m/m romance).

message 6: by Bart (last edited Dec 31, 2012 08:13AM) (new)

Bart Hopkins (barthopkins) | 33 comments Hello-
I'm Bart and I'm an author whenever I get the time. I published my first novel, Fluke, in April 2012...co-authored with buddy Dave Elliott. Second novel, Texas Jack, will be finished within the next couple of weeks.

I've also been a weather guy in the Air Force for 18+ years. That's what puts bread on the table and keeps the electricity on.

Married w/beautiful wife and three beautiful kids. They are the magic in my wonderful world of Disney.

Many thanks to Cynthia Shepp, champion of authors, and simply a nice person who works hard for/with us.

I look forward to more interaction with everyone!

My sites:
www.barthopkins.com/blog
www.facebook.com/flukethenovel
www.facebook.com/barthopkinsauthor

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello and thanks for the invite. I am a children's book author and I co-author a children's/MG/YA blog. I look forward to getting to know as many of you as I can and working together too.

Paul

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason Brant (jasonbrant) I like beer and mullets.

message 9: by Cinta (new)

Cinta (cintanani78) Hello there!

My name is Cinta and I am an Indie author of children's books and short stories (not necessarily for children). I am also an avid reader and I read an average of 60 books a year. I always post a review of every single book that I read on my blog http://cintascorner.weebly.com I like to support my fellow Indie authors, so I also have a couple of sections on my blog where I interview writers and let them rant about their books. If you would like to be featured on my blog, I would love to do a blog swap for you. You know, you help me, I help you :) I look forward to meeting great authors here and collaborate with all of you.

message 10: by Editing Services (last edited Dec 31, 2012 07:36AM) (new)

Editing Services by Cynthia Shepp (cynthiasheppedits) | 221 comments Mod
My name is Cynthia. I am an avid reader, a blogger, an editor, and a publisher of anthologies. Sometime in the near future I am going to start a small press. I will be offering more than just my current Editing Services, to include formatting, book cover design, and any other service that independent authors find theirselves needing.

Right now I am a champion (lol) of authors. I offer extremely reasonable editing rates and I have great references. I do reviews, promotions, blog tours, and a lot of hand holding ;) Supporting authors is my job and it is one that I love.

I started this group for everyone, I wanted a place where authors could feel free to shamelessly promote their books and find services that will help them on their writing and publishing journeys. I wanted readers to have a place to find new books. I also wanted the people that spend their time helping indies succeed to have a place to shamelessly promote their services as well. I hope that everyone enjoys and takes full advantage of this group. It could be a great resource for us all. I want to thank everyone that has joined and urge you to invite more people and participate regularly. Feel free to start new threads and new discussions. Also, please make sure to post your promotions and services in the right threads so that everything is easily discoverable by others.

Cynthia Shepp Book Reviews & Editing
www.cynthiashepp.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/cynthiashepp
www.apocalypseanthology.com
www.cynthiashepp.wordpress.com/2012/0...

Editing Services

My prices are low and reasonable.

.0018 a word for Re-Edits*

.0020 a word for Proofreading*

.0025 a word for Detailed Copy Editing*

For a break down of services and conditions, please email me at cynthiashepp@yahoo.com

I have edited for Jason Brant, author of The Gate, Jon Messenger, author of the Brink of Distinction trilogy, T.L. Frye, author of The Secret of Magick and Dragons, Rebecca Gober and Courtney Nuckels, authors of Exposing Ele: Ele Series 3, as well as many others.

For an example of my work, please refer to The Gate. (You can download a sample of the book for free on Amazon (Link below: Bottom Corner of Page).

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gate-ebook/...

OR

You can send me a 10 page sample of your work and I will edit it and send it back to you for review.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

I am also the editor and compiler of Apocalypse: An Anthology by Authors & Readers. For more information about this please go to www.apocalypseanthology.com

I also have another Anthology in the works, Twist: A Paranormal Anthology by Authors & Readers. For more info or to submit a story, please go to my facebook page. www.facebook.com/cynthiashepp

Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you!

Cynthia S.

message 11: by Editing Services (new)

Jason wrote: "I like beer and mullets."

Of course you do lol. Add your books to the bookshelf, drunk mullet man ;)

message 12: by Nicki (new)

Nicki | 4 comments Hi-
My name is Nicki. I'm the co-founder of A Thousand Lives Book Blog and Page Turners(FB). We're always excited to review new authors especially Indies. If you're interested in having us review your novel follow the link to view the blog and our guidelines. http://thousandlivesbookblog.blogspot...

I recently had my first short published thanks to Cynthia and I'm currently working on my first novel after participating in NaNoWriMo this past November. Since I'm new to navigating the writing world any advice is always appreciated. I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

message 13: by Silvano (new)

Silvano Williams (silvano_williams) | 6 comments Hi all,

Silvano here. Part-time writer, full-time dreamer! I have absolutely neglected reading in the past few years, for which I know I suck. :(

Noticed a few of you posted you were reviewers, so if you are interested in giving Spoon-fed Addiction a shot, you can grab a free copy here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
Use coupon code: LR72L
A new cover is coming soon though, so keep an eye out for that!

Thanks for the invite! Feel free to contact me via here or through PM.

message 14: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 1 comments Hello everybody! My name is Tammy Darnell. I've been on Goodreads since September, and I feel honored for the invite into this group. I have enjoyed writing for many years now (mostly poetry)..A week and a half ago, I published my first Kindle book on Amazon..The title of it is "Laughter, Life Lessons and Logic from the Culinary Catwalk Diva Queen of the Waitress World"..it's absolutely HILARIOUS!!! I've never been more proud of anything. Writing a book is a huge accomplishment, and anybody that tells you otherwise has never written a book before. It's hard to get used to being called an author after waiting tables for so many years, but it's a title I intend to uphold until my dying day. I am proud to be a part of this group!

message 15: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Sands (patriciasands) | 2 comments Hi everyone and thank you, Cynthia, for the invitation to join this group. I've been very neglectful of Goodreads and now that I'm climbing out of a very deep editing trench, I plan to be more diligent about participating. "Plan" is the operative word.
I'm an avid reader and an indie author. My debut novel, The Bridge Club, was published in August 2010 and continues to grow in sales and exposure. Here's a review just published this week - totally unexpected -http://clairemca.wordpress.com/2012/1... It's always a great surprise when someone emails a new review. Love it!
My next novel, The Promise Of Provence, is slated to release in a month or two.
It's been a great adventure to discover the amazingly supportive and collegial world of the online writing/reading community.
My Goodreads author page has all my links. I look forward to connecting with all of you and wish you all the best for 2013!
Patricia Sands

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy Shojai (amyshojai) | 6 comments Lost And Found by Amy Shojai Greetings and salutations! I'm a reader and author, always interested in new writers and especially thrillers. Guess I'm what you call a "hybrid" author having had a couple dozen nonfiction pet care books published by New York houses--now bringing out the backlist and some new titles as indies. I'm also with a small publisher for my debut "dog viewpoint" thriller LOST AND FOUND and just recorded/released the book in audio as well.

I'm happy to answer questions about kindle-ization how-to especially when it includes images and forms (a do my nonfiction titles). Also happy to offer insight into the audio book process. Yes, voiced the thriller myself, in another life I'm an actor. :)

message 17: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 7 comments (Re message 3): Lauren, I'd love to have you review my novel Wander Home on your blog! Please send me a message, or email me at kawyle@att.net, for more info and re whether you'd prefer a Smashwords coupon code or an ebook file.

Lauren wrote: "Hey everyone! I posted this on the welcome board, but I figured it would serve better here in the intros :) My name is Lauren and I have recently started a review blog. I don't have any follower..."

message 18: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (rebekahlyn) | 2 comments Happy New Year everyone. I have loved reading since I was a child and have a broad collection of fiction and non-fiction on my bookshelves. It takes a great deal of restraint for me to enter a bookstore and leave empty handed.

About five years ago I got serious about my own writing and have 3 published books out, with the fourth in the works. If you like Christian author Terri Blackstock you should check out my books.

message 19: by Liz (new)

Liz (AuthorLizLee) | 1 comments Hi! My name's Liz Lee. I'm a teacher by day and a writer by night. I LOVE Goodreads, and I read everything. I've self-published three romance novels through Amazon, and they've gotten nice reviews from people I don't know, which is always cool. :)
It's nice to see reviewers willing to read indie work.

message 20: by Jill (new)

Jill James (jill_james) | 2 comments Hi, My name is Jill James. I'm a writer and an avid reader of romance. I'll read almost any book, but romance is my fave. I'm published with The Wild Rose Press and self-published. I write contemporary and paranormal romance. Next up is an urban fantasy with zombies.

message 21: by Diana (new)

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 13 comments Andrew wrote: "Howdy.

I'm Andrew, a semi-active reader. (I've been averaging 2 to 2 1/2 books a week over the past few years, with 1 of those 2 1/2 being an audio book during my commute.)

I've been doing a s..."
Hi Andrew - what sort of books do you like to read? Love you to review one of mine if a genre you enjoy.

message 22: by Diana (new)

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 13 comments Liz wrote: "Hi! My name's Liz Lee. I'm a teacher by day and a writer by night. I LOVE Goodreads, and I read everything. I've self-published three romance novels through Amazon, and they've gotten nice reviews ..."

The more indie work I read the more I prefer it to "mainstream."

message 23: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 5 comments Hi Diana - My preferred reading is mystery / suspense (all sub-genres), and hockey/Aquarium/Zoos for non-fiction. BUT ... I don't limit myself, and like to mix in other styles as well. (One of my favorites last year was actually a YA paranormal romance - go figure - it was just well written and kept me absorbed!)

message 24: by Editing Services (new)

Andrew wrote: "Hi Diana - My preferred reading is mystery / suspense (all sub-genres), and hockey/Aquarium/Zoos for non-fiction. BUT ... I don't limit myself, and like to mix in other styles as well. (One of my..."

Andrew,
Which YA paranormal romance was it? Curious lol :)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm Amanda Hunter, an Indie Author. I have just released my newest paranormal, Romance/Mystery "Sedona's Spirit" on amazon.com and I am looking to get some reviews. is there anyone in your group who could help me? Thank you.
Btw, we are friends on FB, under my name, Amanda Hunter Stabley. :-)
Thanks Much.

message 26: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Martin (martinbeks) | 2 comments Hello. I'm Rebekah, but you can call me Becky. I'm still a newbie to the Indie Publishing world, but my first book recently became available in print format through Createspace, and is available in a Kindle format as well. Glad to be here! :-)

message 27: by Editing Services (new)

Amanda S. wrote: "Hi, I'm Amanda Hunter, an Indie Author. I have just released my newest paranormal, Romance/Mystery "Sedona's Spirit" on amazon.com and I am looking to get some reviews. is there anyone in your gr..."

Hi Amanda,
I know who you are lol :) As for reviews, look under the Services Folder in the Bloggers thread. Hopefully, you can find someone that fits your needs there.

message 28: by Editing Services (new)

Rebekah wrote: "Hello. I'm Rebekah, but you can call me Becky. I'm still a newbie to the Indie Publishing world, but my first book recently became available in print format through Createspace, and is available in..."

Hi Rebekah,
Glad to have you :)

message 29: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 5 comments Cynthia - It was Fumi Hancock's "The Adventures of Jewel Cardwell: Hydra's Nest". The book has the kind of ending that I usually don't really like. BUT in this case, it seemed almost fitting. After thinking about it, I realized that there was another novel hiding under the surface, and the ending brought IT to an appropriate conclusion.

message 30: by Diana (new)

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 13 comments Nicki wrote: "Hi-
My name is Nicki. I'm the co-founder of A Thousand Lives Book Blog and Page Turners(FB). We're always excited to review new authors especially Indies. If you're interested in having us review y..."

Hi, great photos. I've left details of my books if you're interested in reviewing any of them.

message 31: by Diana (new)

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 13 comments Tammy wrote: "Hello everybody! My name is Tammy Darnell. I've been on Goodreads since September, and I feel honored for the invite into this group. I have enjoyed writing for many years now (mostly poetry)..A we..."

Hi Tammy, great to meet you. I changed my title to "writer" after my second book was published. It's kind of a big deal to say it isn't it? One non-writers don't really get.

message 32: by Diana (new)

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 13 comments Andrew wrote: "Hi Diana - My preferred reading is mystery / suspense (all sub-genres), and hockey/Aquarium/Zoos for non-fiction. BUT ... I don't limit myself, and like to mix in other styles as well. (One of my..."

Well - if you'd like to have a read of one of mine - I'd happily send you a pdf copy. They are murder/mysteries

message 33: by Ken (new)

Ken Lang (drkenlang) My name is Ken Lang. I've been working as a law enforcement officer for the past 24 years and have written three books about my time as a homicide detective around Baltimore, MD.

I'm always looking for ways to promote my books and was invited to drop by and become a part of this group! Thanks Cynthia!

Ken Lang

message 34: by Editing Services (new)

Ken wrote: "My name is Ken Lang. I've been working as a law enforcement officer for the past 24 years and have written three books about my time as a homicide detective around Baltimore, MD.

I'm always lookin..."

Welcome to the group Ken!

message 35: by Edi (new)

Edi Melon (edbrady) Hello everyone. My name is Barbara (call me Babs) but I write under the name E. D. Brady. There's a little bit of smut in my Trilgy - nothing too hard core, but just incase my good neighbors should get offended, I prefer to be anonymous ;).
Anyhooo, what a great group. I'm looking forward to meeting some virtual friends.

message 36: by Editing Services (new)

Welcome Babs! Love the name by the way ;)

message 37: by Edi (new)

Edi Melon (edbrady) Thank you for the warm welcome, Cynthia.

message 38: by Prudence (new)

Prudence Hayes | 3 comments Hi, I'm Prudence. I just released my first novel "When it Rains: The Umbrella Collection" and released a non-fiction book last year. Having fun doing the writing thing.
Here's my books ~ http://amzn.com/B00AZSCI48
http://amzn.com/B0088E3SU4
And my blog ~ http://peaceloveandwriting9.wordpress...

message 39: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 5 comments Just a quick FYI - I'm sort of off the radar at the moment ... my TBR list grew really fast in 2013 (and it was long to begin with), PLUS real-life getting in the way. SO ... I'm trying to spend a little more time reading and a little less reading about reading. (You can still contact me privately, of course!)

message 40: by Notti (new)

Notti Thistledore (nottithistledore) | 6 comments Hi there,

I'm Notti, author of the illustrated chapter book series The Chatswood Spooks. If you're interested, you can pick up a copy in print (https://www.createspace.com/4132111) or ebook (http://www.amazon.com/The-Chatswood-S...)

Thanks for having me!

Notti

message 41: by Val (last edited Jan 31, 2013 02:28PM) (new)

Val Richards | 19 comments Hello, My name is Val Richards. I am one of the authors of the new YA Fantasy book called Eleventh Elementum. My co-author is J.L. Bond. It took us 3.5 years to finish this first book of The Primortus Chronicles.

We would love for you to check it out.

Eleventh Elementum Eleventh Elementum (The Primortus Chronicles, #1) by J.L. Bond

message 42: by Johnna (new)

Johnna | 4 comments Hi everyone! My name is Johnna and I am a very active reader and aspiring author. I am currently working on what will hopefully be my first book.

Ever since I got my Kindle I was introduced the world of the Indie Author, and I love it. I love that authors can publish their own books without having to deal with going through an actual publisher. It doesn't matter if it’s your first or your 20th book, you have the ability to fulfill that dream.

message 43: by Barry (new)

Barry Whittingham (frenglishmanbarry) | 1 comments Hello Johnna,
It's certainly a moment of intense satisfaction when you self publish a book for the first time. Reality begins to impinge on the dream, however, when you get down to marketing it.
Good luck with yours!

message 44: by Val (new)

Val Richards | 19 comments Hey, Johnna,
Welcome to the group!

message 45: by Johnna (new)

Johnna | 4 comments Thanks! I've been a silent stalker for a while so figured I might as well say hi :)

message 46: by Leah Kaye (new)

Leah Kaye (msleahkaye) | 41 comments Hellloooo I'm Leah, a book junkie, cover artist and graphic designer. I'm joining various groups of personal interest and to connect with authors, publishers, reviewers, fans and other artists.

I believe in supporting creatives so would love to swap likes with anyone on Facebook so we can share the book love! www.facebook.com/msleahkaye

Goodreads Group: www.goodreads.com/group/93586
DeviantArt: www.lsuttle.deviantart.com

message 47: by Irving (last edited Feb 24, 2013 10:06PM) (new)

Irving Podolsky | 36 comments Hello All,

I write and blog with the name Irving Podolsky, and although I have no problem writing about ideas and other people, I still have an uncomfortable issue with asking the public to read my books.

So I'll just state here that you can check out the Goodreads reviews for "Irv's Odyssey" on this site http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11... - or visit www.IrvingsJourney.com. If something perks your interest or appeals to you, a sincere WELCOME to Irving's world.

Irv

message 48: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Boyd (kcboyd) | 1 comments Hi, all! I'm KC Boyd and, not long ago, I published Being Christian and I'm starting to explore Goodreads as a way to connect with other authors.

If anyone is interested in doing a review swap, let me know! Love to get to know other writers and am always looking for new books to read!

Thanks,
KC
www.BeingChristian.net

message 49: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Trask (sheilatrask) | 12 comments Hi, everyone -- I'm thrilled to see so many other book reviewers here. It's a fun gig!

I write reviews for several book discovery publications serving mostly independent and self-published authors. It can be a challenge sometimes, with the wide variety of folks writing books these days, but it's all worth it when you find a gem that the big publishing houses missed!

Mostly, I just love to read, and will read the tag on my t-shirt if there's nothing else available!

message 50: by David (new)

David Donaghe (daviddonaghe) | 4 comments Hello everyone. I am an author here at goodreads and I just joined this group. I look forward to meating everyone in this group. If you get a chance stop by my page and friend me.

« previous 1