The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) The Last Olympian discussion

You know you're obsessed with PJatO when...

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aiyana Leigh (last edited Dec 30, 2012 08:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aiyana Leigh When you are by a body of water, stare at it and when it does nothing, get upset.
When you yell at Apollo when the sun is too bright.
When you have read the books more than once, more than twice.
When you watch the Lightning Thief movie and it makes you want to pull your hair out.
I'm not obsessed...why do you think that lol ;)

Halle When you like Percy Jackson and the Olympians a lot. Simple as that.

~Cassie~ When someone says seaweed, and you think of Percy.
When you are now a fan of pretty much any book with mythology in it.
When you start spotting poetry-like stuff when you describe the ending of MoA to people because it was beautiful, yet horrid.
When you feel like you're going to die when you realize that HoH doesn't come out until October.
When you read super long fanfics on Percabeth to tide you over until the next book comes out.
When you can't stop thinking about the books, even if you haven't read them in a few months.
When you join a role-play group on GR that's based off of PJ.
I could go on and on, but I'll stop there :P

Aiyana Leigh Yes i'm not the only one!

Aiyana Leigh i don't even want to start talking about how wrong it is...UGH. Sometimes when i want more Percy Jackson but i don't want to read the books over again i say, hey lets watch the movie. But it doesn't help my Percy Jackson withdraw, it only irritates me lol

Aiyana Leigh I love Logan Lerman. I think he is a good Percy but i wish that he was younger. And i didn't know that the second one isn't directed by Chris Columbus. I saw a set picture though and Annabeth's hair is blonde :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

You catch yourself obsessing over the release dates for every new HoO book.

Aiyana Leigh Sage wrote: "Me too!!!!! and yeah i think the second movie is going to be more accurate. but when you think about it, 12 year olds traveling on their own seems kind of far fetched... but i try not to think.

Wo..."

Now THATS how you know you are obsessed with PJO and all things Percy :)

Sarah you are a percy jackson fan when you stalk rick r. website... all of them.

and beg for the books in hard cover just so you can hold them and 'you are mine!'.

and when you hear about someone who has chharecteristics of a god/diemgod you make a mental note to do a background check on them.

when you replace the word sun with apollo and moon with artimis.

when you do your social studies fair project on the gods and goddesses (3rd place, but i creeped the judge out a little)

when you stand in front of a feild and scream 'I'm coming Percy' and run across it.

scarred of your teachers on the first day... i could go on and on. :)

Django When you are suspicious of all teachers if they hate you

Elise when you write multiple fangirl-ish letters to the people who made the Percy Jackson movie, giving helpful hints on how they screwed the entire movie up.

when you smell the ocean, and start daydreaming about Percy

when you write "a sword/bow and arrow/daggar/anything remotely similar to Percy Jackson" on your Christmas Wishlist

when you can quote every line of every book of the Percy Jackson series (no, i am not quite there yet)

when you start thinking of Satan as Hades in your mind

when you start becoming suspicious of your teachers

etc. etc. I could go on...

Sheila When you wear your Yankee hat all summer long thinking it is making you invisble.

Aiyana Leigh When you are reading the Detect a Satyr page in the PJO Ultimate Guide and you know someone who according to the pages criteria may be a satyr...

Summer Breeze When "Holy Hephaestus" or "Holy Hades" becomes the new "OMG"

message 15: by C.R. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.R. When you attempt to do Percy Jackson with American girl dolls (okay so there were no males) and you scream "I HAVE DIBS ON ANNABETH!!!" And then you get into an endless struggle with your little sister who has just read the Lightning Thief and wants to be Annabeth and her doll actually has blond hair. Then you say, "Well fine I'll be Annabeth from the movie even though she has some of the cheesiest lines in the world." And then you quote back all the cheesy lines and say how Annabeth would never say that and then you cry because she never called Percy Seaweed Brain and then you start going into a mad rant for half an hour... guilty as charged...

message 16: by C.R. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.R. Sage wrote: "Amelia wrote: "When you attempt to do Percy Jackson with American girl dolls (okay so there were no males) and you scream "I HAVE DIBS ON ANNABETH!!!" And then you get into an endless struggle with..."

YES!!! I WIN!! NOW I'M GONNA SCREAM TO THE WORLD I'M THE MOST OBSESSED PERCY JACKSON FREAK!!! :) :) :D :D GREATEST HONOR EVER! cuz I'm also known as the most obsessed Narnia freak too and Les Mis freak... I'm a very obsessive person. :D

Aiyana Leigh Amelia wrote: "Sage wrote: "Amelia wrote: "When you attempt to do Percy Jackson with American girl dolls (okay so there were no males) and you scream "I HAVE DIBS ON ANNABETH!!!" And then you get into an endless ..."

Omg...I just saw Les Mis...i want to read the book now because the movie was amazing! but i know how you feel about the obsessive thing...I always obsess over books. I think PJO was my very first obsession though.

((Savanha)) When you cut your hand and your first instinct is to put it into water to heal :D!!!!!!!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

((Savanha)) wrote: "When you cut your hand and your first instinct is to put it into water to heal :D!!!!!!!!"
Isn't that what you're supposed to do anyway?

message 20: by C.R. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.R. Yannsterthemonster wrote: "Amelia wrote: "Sage wrote: "Amelia wrote: "When you attempt to do Percy Jackson with American girl dolls (okay so there were no males) and you scream "I HAVE DIBS ON ANNABETH!!!" And then you get i..."

Okay Les Mis is the single most amazing book ever! It's really long though some people say too long but it's totally worth it. I adore it! For Christmas I got 2 les mis soundtracks one from the movie one from the original broadway cast... i have 77 songs on my Ipod from les mis I watch the musical... 25th anniversary with Alfie Boe, Norm Lewis, Nick Jonas, Katie Hall and SAMANTHA BARKS! (i love her voice) like all the time. Yeah my first obsession was Narnia then it was PJO and now it's Les Mis. I have a little teddy bear name Eponine but when i was littler I'd always claim the name Annabeth whenever my sisters and I would play and all my heroines of my stories had blond hair and gray eyes and they fell in love with boys whose eyes were like the sea... :)

Aiyana Leigh Me too... after i am done with the book i am currently reading i am going to read it. the movie was so good!

message 22: by C.R. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.R. Sage wrote: "wow we went from percy jackson to Les Mis... XD"

Hehe I do that sometimes. once you get me talking about Les Mis or PJO or Narnia I won't stop... :) :) Um so Percy Jackson... yeah I'm obsessed. You know what was terrible though? I gave my copy of the Lightning Thief to my friend well she's not my friend anymore. She kept the book for a whole school year and didn't even finish it! Then she gave it back to me torn! I was like HOLY CHEESEBALLS GIRL WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BOOK! IT LOOKS LIKE ITS BEEN THROUGH A WAR!!! I was sooo mad at her!! Yep she didn't stay my friend very long... >:)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Amelia wrote: "Sage wrote: "wow we went from percy jackson to Les Mis... XD"

Hehe I do that sometimes. once you get me talking about Les Mis or PJO or Narnia I won't stop... :) :) Um so Percy Jackson... yeah I'm..."

Poor you. :(

Aiyana Leigh ...i just looked that up...and yeah i had the same reaction of WHAT lol

Caraline when you check daily if Percabeth will stay together

Sarah Sage wrote: "When you look for tumblrs with "Ask Percabeth" or "Ask Leo""

Are those real?!?

Sarah Sage wrote: "...When you see the Percy Jackson gangnam style GIF and you're like, WHAT."

Where did you see that?

Sarah mmmhh.....ok

Autumn when you see stuff that's blue and have a strong desire to buy it no mater what it is XD

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas When you cook blue pancakes
When insted of saying "Go to Hell" you say "Go to Tartarus"

Bookluvr luvr When you decide that instead of saying what the hell you say what the hades and when you can recite an entire page and a half of the book

Summer Breeze Sage wrote: "XD so true.

When your desktop/screen saver/wall/folder has a bunch of images related to PJatO and when people ask what they are you're like OH MY GODS YOU HORRIBLE PERSON"

You mean "HOLY HADES YOU HORRIBLE PERSON"

XD

message 33: by Aisling (new)

Aisling LOL!

message 34: by Tess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tess Uncap! ugh.

Claire B. You guys are my idols. I am a happy person now. Lol my mom took me to the movie when it came out because I was all, "OH MY GODS THE MOVIE IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then I whispered to her the whole time: That's wrong. That's wrong. That never even happened. That's not related in any way to the book except Percy's in it. I swear, if I wasn't such a quiet whisperer, I'd have been kicked out of the movie within the first five minutes... or less. :) nerd and proud.

Jackie When you can't help but smile while eating blue food

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

When you look at the moon and think of Artemis
When you are sad when nothing exciting happens from that water
When you are sad that you haven't been claimed yet and taken away to camp half-blood

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

When you read a news post about the director Peter Jackson making a new movie and u think, Hey isn't that a typo?

And when you say Oh my gods
And people look at u strangely

When you have demigod type dreams
Or when Percy Jackson and Annabeth just invade your dreams anyway like the time I dreamt I was on a plane and Percy and Annabeth had to blow it up cos there was a cyclops air host or something and they're all like, Save the mortals and suddenly I'm in the tardis (Dr who) and Percy and annabeth are there with Matt smith and Percy's all like , I shouldn't be here Zeus will kill me
And annabeth says, Zeus only controls the sky Seaweed Brain
And then the Dr says, Well you're here now.
So we all jumped off and it was ancirnt Greece and I can't remember what hsppened after that anyway

Caraline when you say "oh my gods" in a catholic school.... woops

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol caraline... XD
Lady Sage, I get crazy book dreams a lot. Harry potter, hunger games, Percy Jackson, mortal instruments... And Dr who even though that's a tv show...

Caraline Athena wrote: "Lol caraline... XD
Lady Sage, I get crazy book dreams a lot. Harry potter, hunger games, Percy Jackson, mortal instruments... And Dr who even though that's a tv show..."

haha yeah, not the best moment... :P

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

It's so awkward when you're reading what people say and you just burst out laughing in a public space like at a bus stop and people stare at you :)
I had a harry potter dream where in the last book I was hunting horcruxes with them and suddenly we apparated into voldemorts camp... And harry, Ron and Hermione were all like, we have to run!
And they apparated away but I couldn't and I kept turning around and nothong happened! And I was all freaking out and suddenly it worked and I landed in the future at Luna's wedding (the deco was awesome) and harry got on one knew and proposed to Ginny in the garden it was so cute! Anyway... You know ur a Percy Jackson fan when you think you have to buy the whole series again cos you lent it to your friend and she gave it back with a folded page! Actually I do have to get new copies I was only ten when I read the first one and I didn't know how to take care of books and the spines all cracked and my bookshelf is near my bed and sometimes at night I stare at it and think sad thoughts... Anyway...
When my mum said, "I think your brother should read percy Jackson..."
Me: shocked silence
Me: "What!"
Mum: "I think your brother-"
Me: "I heard you! But he's eight!"
Mum: "I thought that's how old you were when you read it"
Me: " I was ten! And I was the most mature kid in Year 5! He reads books about talking bums, he's not ready for Percy Jackson!"
Mum: "I want you to lend him a copy"
Me: "WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS HAVE YOU SEEN HOW HE TREATS HIS BOOKS!"

also I don't want him stealing any of my fandoms that's awkward and annoying
Like when he saw the PJO movie he was all like, "oh my god I love Percy Jackson I love it better than you do! Cos the guy has a pen and it goes click and turns into a sword!"
I'm quietly thinking, "the pen doesn't go click but whatever"

You know your a percy Jackson fan whenever there's a storm and you say, Zeus is angry today...
And when you start designing a shopping centre based on mount Olympus:
Aphrodite Fashions, Athena's Bookstore (yay!), Apollo Light and Heating, Poseidon Pool Installation, Dionysus's Cellars, Hephaestus Electronics... I'm word I know...

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

*weird