The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) The Mark of Athena question

Am I the only one who thinks Piper is annoying?
Breanna Breanna Dec 28, 2012 05:02PM
Piper is always feeling sorry for herself... even if she has to deal with snobby Aphrodite kids she still has a good life.. I don't see what Jason sees in her besides her looks.

Halle (last edited Dec 28, 2012 08:44PM ) Dec 28, 2012 06:12PM   1 vote
Congratulations! You are member: 537489 to create a topic about how annoying Piper is!

Piper Mclean is the most realistic character, If someone hooked a computer to your brain, I'm pretty sure there'd be a lot more complaining and whining than Piper's. And you would whine about trivial stuff. She's discovered she's half god, and has just been thrown into a war that could get her and her friends killed. But no big deal, I guess. Complaining about that is tres annoying, hmm? Jason sees that she's kind, strong, and smart.

So thanks , dedicated reader, for once again starting controversy on the subject of Piper Mclean! Have a good life!

Piper said all those things in her head, not out loud. If your gonna judge her from that, thats sick.

U 25x33
Mika If you can't handle a calm debate that would be wise. ...more
Dec 29, 2012 11:45PM · flag
♪♫Gloria♫♪ *Shakes head and raises eyebrow.*
Dec 29, 2012 11:46PM · flag

Dude I hate Piper with all my soul

Do you honestly think you are the only one who thinks she's annoying?

I don't think so, because if you've gone on ANY other Mark of Athena thread, there will be someone bashing Piper for no apparent reason.

The thing about Piper is there are so many conflicting assumptions about her.

"She's so annoying and whines and complains!"
"She's a Mary Sue!"

Excuse me, but if she's a Mary Sue she is flawless and therefore cannot be annoying and whiney.

"She always worries about Jason!"

Hold on. A girl who worries about her boyfriend and if he likes her? Wow, never heard that before. That's new.

"She compared Percy and Jason!"

So did Annabeth. And who wouldn't? Even Leo did, and 99% of the Fandom is in love with Leo.

If you don't like her, that's fine, we all have our own opinions. If you say she's stupid or whiney or a bad fighter or whatever, you might want to find some textual evidence to back yourself up.

Breanna wrote: "Piper is always feeling sorry for herself... even if she has to deal with snobby Aphrodite kids she still has a good life.. I don't see what Jason sees in her besides her looks."

Don't worry you're not the only one a lot of people don't like her