Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > How Much Do You Read A Day?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 257 (257 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments How much do you guys, or shall I say gals, read per day? Do you read everyday? Do you make reading goals for yourself everyday?

I probably read for 1-2 hours per day if I'm busy on the weekdays. I am very busy so I don't get to read much during the week. It's different on the weekends though! Even though I am still busy on the weekends I have much more time to read! I usually read around 3-4 hours per day on the weekends!

I try to never pass a day without reading a little bit from each book I'm currently reading. If I do, the next time I go to pick it up I will forget what was going on when I last left it!

Okay, enough about me! Now you guys talk!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I have found myself reading ALOT more than usual. I think I read like 2-3 hours each day. But on weekends, I read like all day long. Haha

I always try to read everyday!

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments It depends. But normally about 3-4 hours on workday because I work part-time so I have more free time. And I love reading at night :) And more on holidays and weekends. If I am not online, of course :)

message 4: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yes, most of my evenings/weekends involve being on Goodreads or reading! LOL! Life of a bookworm!

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I try to read every day too,& I probably read 4 - 5 hours. As a stay at home mom, I have quite a bit of downtown when I sit in a car to pick up each child from school. I get a lot of my audio book time there.

Plus, I also forfeit quite a bit of sleep, for a good book ;)

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I've never tried an audiobook. Aren't they expensive?

Heheh, don't we all?

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Dec 28, 2012 03:22PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Oh, I've also starting putting my audio books on my ipod and having one book with me when i work out. that has been a huge addition to my reading too!!

lol I get them from my library. They ARE expensive!

message 8: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments That's good use of your time! LOL! :D

Do you have the same amount of time for rental for audiobooks as you do with regular books?

message 9: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I love audiobooks. I got The Hobbit for Christmas, but it was a bit hard to listen to (kinda confusing), so I am waiting to get the book also. Then I can listen and read at the same time :)

message 10: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "That's good use of your time! LOL! :D

Do you have the same amount of time for rental for audiobooks as you do with regular books?"

yes, 3 weeks with 4 renewal options :D

message 11: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments oh wow! That's nice to know! I'll have to check them out at my library. Sadly, my local library sucks so I have the other libraries in my county send it to my local one and then I go pick them up. I'm not sure if they will allow you to do that with audiobooks.

message 12: by Mehsi (last edited Dec 31, 2012 02:30AM) (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I don't really know how much I read on a day, that varies per day and I know in the weekend(and in the weekday evenings) I read less because my boyfriend is home.
But if I have to guess probably around 3 to 5 hours or more of reading a day.

message 13: by Doruntina (new)

Doruntina | 55 comments As much as i can - i can read up until 12 hours a day - maybe more if the book is THAT good!

message 14: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments 12? wow, respect! :)

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yes, me too Sam :) I'd read more if the book is so interesting.

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiehodgkinson) I try to read at least once a day - when at work I read on the bus journey there, back and in my lunch break. But I try to read at least one book a week if not two! But normally in like 1-2 hour periods.

message 17: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Katie wrote: "I try to read at least once a day - when at work I read on the bus journey there, back and in my lunch break. But I try to read at least one book a week if not two! But normally in like 1-2 hour pe..."

It's a good habit, Katie.

message 18: by Birdie (new)

Birdie (purple_feather22) | 294 comments On week days I try to read as much as I can during the day. Even if its only in short 10-20 minute bursts. But most of the time I read between 1-3 hours before bed depending on how much time I have before I need to get sleep.

On the weekends I usually have much more free time and will read 4 or 5 hours each day. I usually can read about 2 or 3 books a week depending on the length of the book and how much free time I have. More often then not its 1 book during the week and 2 books on the weekend.

message 19: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Great Birdie :) I read before bed everyday too :D

message 20: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Same here. I don't think I could sleep without atleast reading a bit.

message 21: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments It has become a habit :)

message 22: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Yep. A good habit. :)

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yes, sometimes I stay up very late even when I have to work the next day. haha... worth it though :D

message 24: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I have done that a few times too. Sometimes the books are just too good and you can't stop reading them.

message 25: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Dori, wow!! 12 hours a day?? I didn't think ANYONE had that much free time! You're lucky!

I usually read 2-3 hours a day if I am on top of my grading. I can't enjoy reading as much if I have grading hanging over my head. On weekends I read anywhere from 2-6 hours, depending on if I have any grand kids with me. They ALWAYS take priority!!!

message 26: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (AshhReads) | 17 comments If I could read all day everyday I would, but mostly I don't have the time or even the right book. However when I have a day with nothing to do a a good book I can read for hours and hours!

message 27: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I love having a life as a book nerd!

message 28: by Becca (new)

Becca (ladybeccaboo) I read 3-4 hours a day.

message 29: by Kara (new)

Kara | 20 comments I read at least 1 hour at most 4. It depends on the book I'm reading, or how much time I have.

message 30: by Inger (new)

Inger | 241 comments well, I usually start reading about 8 pm and then it's one book each evening :D

message 31: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Inger wrote: "well, I usually start reading about 8 pm and then it's one book each evening :D"

You must be a very fast reader :)

message 32: by Alice (new)

Alice Halbert | 2 comments I usually read about a book a day depending on how much studying I have to do (:

message 33: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) Well I usually start reading around seven and stay up until midnight even though I know I have school the next day.

message 34: by Megan (new)

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments I've been trying to motivate myself to work on my novel so my time gets split up between reading and writing. But I'm probably about 2 hours a day right now. I would love to be able to sit and read more.

message 35: by Mel (new)

Mel | 200 comments Depends on the book but on average I try to get at least 45 min to an hour a day but on holiday breaks 2-3 hours or until I finish the book if it's really good.

message 36: by Ivanna (new)

Ivanna (ivannarazote) | 15 comments I usually read before or after I get to and from work. Usually 1-2 hrs a day. :)

message 37: by Shangre (last edited Jan 10, 2013 08:00AM) (new)

Shangre | 19 comments 6 books a day at least probably finish 1-2 out of 6

message 38: by Nicole (last edited Jan 10, 2013 08:07AM) (new)

Nicole | 48 comments On a regular day, I read about 2 hours, but when I'm on vacation or on the weekend, probably 5 to 6 hours per day.

Have Coffee Need Books (havecoffeeneedbooks) I don't work and when I'm not writing or spending time with my husband all I do is read. I'm guessing on an average day I read about 10-12 hours.

message 40: by Jae (new)

Jae | 10 comments I read all the time!! :) That is whenever I'm not doing school work and cleaning the house. Nothing compares to a good book! There is no time limit for me.

message 41: by Yoly (new)

Yoly | 696 comments I read like 3 hours.. but I think that depends of the book.

message 42: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (jeansoso) | 25 comments I read, like, 100-200 pages a day if I have time I will just sit in my room for hours and read an entire 500 page book.

message 43: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments You guys are great readers :)

message 44: by Michael (new)

Michael Dunleavy | 272 comments I don't read a certain amount of time,but I usually read 30-100 pages a day.

message 45: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Michael wrote: "I don't read a certain amount of time,but I usually read 30-100 pages a day."

that's great!

message 46: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanie_yamidnightreads) I am for reading 200 pages a day if the book is good

message 47: by Doruntina (new)

Doruntina | 55 comments It usually depends on how busy i am during a day. If i can, i will read 300 to 400 pages a day, but the minimum is 150 pages on a busy day.

message 48: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Impressive guys :)

message 49: by Raquel (new)

Raquel  (ahnabella) depens of m mood, I use to read 100-200 a day if I'm happy, less than 100 if I'm upset or tired...

message 50: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Raquel wrote: "depens of m mood, I use to read 100-200 a day if I'm happy, less than 100 if I'm upset or tired..."

Make sense. I think I am too.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6