Dirty Red (Love Me with Lies, #2) Dirty Red discussion

BURNING questions...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Jkbooks Here's mine. What are yours? Any guesses to mine? Let's play!

What's in the box? (I think its a deflated basketball)

Did Leah really hurt Caleb or is she just emphasizing that she can bring him to his knees? (no freaking idea!!)

What is the significance of Dobson?

Who is Estella's father?

Virginia I wonder about the mystery gift too, what the hell is in there? The deflated basketball? The penny? The keys to the house he bought for them? How did Caleb find out about Leah seeing Olivia? Was it that Noah had a talked with him or did he actually hear it from Olivia herself? Oh and I also want to know what Dobson said to Olivia to make her take his case!!!

message 3: by Ulanda (last edited Dec 28, 2012 02:20PM) (new) - added it

Ulanda All of those are good questions, I also want to know the meaning of Caleb's keepsakes. What does he still think of Jessica? He still has her picture, he only dated her a few months, but took her to meet his parents & didn't take Olivia until they had been dating a year.

I think Seth is Estella's Dad, too many small cluses at the end of chapters, Leah wondering about the baby looking like him(not saying Caleb's name), now her baby won't have a Dad unless...Also, Caleb thinking the baby is early, but Leah lying about the baby being early to daycare, etc...

Olivia still gets too emotional about Caleb, so I think it was Noah that went to have a "talk" with him after the birthday gift & Leah ambushing her at the diner. Caleb doesn't answer when Leah ask if Olivia told him. I don't think Olivia would of been able to speak with him about those things.

Oh, & the timeline now...after DR I am really confused, but don't think Tarryn is going to into it until after book 3 is out a little bit. When was it that Leah did get pregnant? How long did Caleb stay with her after the trial? Was Rome before or after the suicide attempt? What hotel is Caleb referring to when he spoke to Leah about when you came to my hotel where you trying to get pregnant? Was it Rome, the times he moved out on Leah he would go to his condo.

Leah is really going to do something CRAZY in the next book to hurt Olivia. She blames Olivia for everything. Hopefully Caleb redems himself & we get a decent explaination about what was going in his office when Oliva caugth him, what he had been up to months leading up to it, where he went to that night after Olivia left. Was it him coming down the stairs after her, did he call Cammie, did he go to Olivia's apt & wait for her there all night.

This is just too hard, I need to make a rule for myself to only buy books if the whole series is out...the waiting...ugh....

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok here is my answers to your questions.

I have no clue whats in the box but I was thinking the penny.

I think Leah was just emphasizing that she brought him to his knees by saying Estellas not his. Because his daughter means everything to him at this point.

Again not sure on Dobson. I have no theries on that one.

Last if Caleb is not her babies daddy then I really think it is SETH Calebs brothers.

Now my questions.

What hotel did she come to to get get him back? Was it the hotel in Rome?

Was she really already preggers when she over dosed or was that just her way to keep him?

Virginia Someone posted this interview of Tarryn on another threat. It answers some questions' just not the ones we posted here.
Enjoy :)

http://lisasbookreview.com/2012/12/28...

Natasha Ah! Okay!

I think in the box was the flattened penny.
I think Leah REALLY hurt Caleb.
I have NO idea about Dobson, but it's so interesting!
And I have $50 on Seth being the dad to Estella!

★Emilia★ Ulanda wrote: "All of those are good questions, I also want to know the meaning of Caleb's keepsakes. What does he still think of Jessica? He still has her picture, he only dated her a few months, but took her ..."

I agree . A rule to only buys books when the whole series is out..lol

message 8: by Ulanda (last edited Dec 29, 2012 02:36PM) (new) - added it

Ulanda Virginia wrote: "Someone posted this interview of Tarryn on another threat. It answers some questions' just not the ones we posted here.

http://lisasbookreview.com/2012/12/28..."

I read that...I am wondering now if we are going to get an ending like Great Expectations, Estella becomes a nicer person, but she marries someone else again. Although Caleb has soooo pissed me off, I am not so sure he deserves Olivia. Olivia would not have done the things she did if Caleb would of been honest with her.

Also, the part about writing sex scenes...do Caleb & Olivia possibly have an affair when she is still married to Noah?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

So Does anyone have theories for the 3rd book?

I am really wondering if Leah does something crazy like try to kill Olivia and maybe in the crossfire she ends up killing Noah? (like maybe a car accident) Its something that could happen and then Caleb could get Olivia back in the end and crazy Leah would end up in prison where she should have went the first time she was on trail. I could be way off and what can I say I am really hoping for a Caleb and Olivia HEA!

Virginia Ulanda wrote: "Virginia wrote: "Someone posted this interview of Tarryn on another threat. It answers some questions' just not the ones we posted here.

http://lisasbookreview.com/2012/12/28......"

Where is the part about sex scenes? I remember an interview after The Opportunist where Tarryn said she had to some liquor in her before writing a sex scene, is that what you're referring to?

P.S. I doubt Olivia would cheat on Noah, she values truth now, so I guess she's done lying and sneaking.

message 11: by Ulanda (last edited Dec 29, 2012 03:32PM) (new) - added it

Ulanda Virginia wrote: "Ulanda wrote: "Virginia wrote: "Someone posted this interview of Tarryn on another threat. It answers some questions' just not the ones we posted here.

http://lisasbookreview.com/2012/12..."

I may be confusing interviews now...she talked about in one that she needs to drink before writing them & she is writing them in Caleb's book. Just wondering who Caleb would be sleeping with now? And, his & Olivia's connection is supposed to be sooo strong.

Found the interview that Tarryn talks about Caleb's sex scenes: http://www.mysecretromancebookreviews...

message 12: by Ulanda (new) - added it

Ulanda Tara wrote: "So Does anyone have theories for the 3rd book?

I am really wondering if Leah does something crazy like try to kill Olivia and maybe in the crossfire she ends up killing Noah? (like maybe a car a..."

That's actually what I was leaning towards from the epilogue of Book 2.

Virginia Ulanda wrote: "Virginia wrote: "Ulanda wrote: "Virginia wrote: "Someone posted this interview of Tarryn on another threat. It answers some questions' just not the ones we posted here.

http://lisasbookr..."

Yes, That's the interview I remember, but I forgot the part about there being more sex in Caleb's book. I think the sex will come from his memories of past relationships and at some point Olivia (I hope, once she leaves Noah, but this is just wishful thinking, of course)

Jkbooks I agree guys!!

The more I think of it, I don't think she OD'ed while pregnant. I think she GOT pregnant right after that attempt, probably with fertility drugs and a drunk Seth.

This is torture...gotta wait as well til series are all out before I begin one.

Carina I reread both books to see if I could understand everything better. So what I think now is that Caleb was going to propose that weekend when she caugth him with someone in his office, but he told Leah that he never cheated so it was a misunderstood. He bought the house and the ring to give to her. Remember that the house was bought before Leah... and I think that it was the gift he sent her in her birthday... The deed of the house and the ring. Noah went to Caleb and told him everyhing and remember that Noah was the one that told Olivia to fight clean and love someone more than herself. 4 months after the trial they were not sleeping together (Caleb and Leah so How she got pregnant?) Caleb travels a lot and one night she went to him and used sex ( she says a lot that they use sex all the time), but I think she was already pregnant from the night Seth went there to talk to her... The attempted suicide was fake and she used it to bring Caleb back. I think Noah will divorce Olivia because he knows how she feels about Caleb. He doesn't have to die.... Olivia knows Dodson from somewhere that she cnnot remember... I think he is someone from her past or Caleb past... that is why she is helping him.

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Dobson is the guy from right outside the music store that she bumps into & asks her to go for coffee or something right before she sees Caleb & he has "amnesia".

I was thinking the divorce papers were in the box but the penny & the basketball are good guesses too.

I feel like the kid's probably Seth's. I'm hoping Seth can come in & settle her down before she does something stupid like trying to kill Olivia since they clearly have chemistry.

IDK how she could've faked the suicide attempt & gotten the Dr to call Caleb? Sounded legit but then again she is diabolical.

I'm seriously going to hurt someone's feelings if Caleb & Olivia don't end up together. For real.

deb22luvsbooks Does anyone get the feeling that Sam and Leah will hook up? Just the feeling I got, with all the "you're gay", "I'm not gay" shit going on, and the fact that Sam see's right thru her and might just accept her for who she really is if she can just actually be that person.

message 18: by Bren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bren Debbie wrote: "Does anyone get the feeling that Sam and Leah will hook up? Just the feeling I got, with all the "you're gay", "I'm not gay" shit going on, and the fact that Sam see's right thru her and might jus..."

I don't think so.. Sam is too smart there. She is a monster.

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	@ Debbie... I think I read in one of Taryn interviews that she said not likely...

deb22luvsbooks Well, it was just a feeling!

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	@ Debbie... Wow, lol... ok

here is part of Taryns interview.... knock yourself out

3. I can’t tell you how much I loved Sam and how he dealt with Leah. Is there any chance at a Sam and Leah romance?
Probably not. I think for the most part, I’m done with Leah. She finally understands that she is who she is, and she doesn’t intend on changing. I don’t think I want to follow a character around who doesn’t grow as a person. What she does with her life now, is up to your imagination.

message 22: by deb22luvsbooks (last edited Jan 04, 2013 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

deb22luvsbooks That takes care of that then, just thought it might make an interesting twist, her falling for someone she would NEVER fall for....so, that little blip sounds like Leah is going to be one humdinger of a bitch in this next book!
BTW...I was not yelling in my last post...sometimes I go crazy with the exclamation points.

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	@ Debbie... it's ok... I get it... and I myself fancied an idea of those to getting together...

Jkbooks Debbie wrote: "Well, it was just a feeling!"

I had the same feeling. I see she said it won't happen...but I totally got the feeling a la Ethan and Darcy in Something Blue.

Jkbooks I am confused in her interview she said she is "done writing for Leah" but the ending of DR made it sound like she was going to do something terrible to them. ??

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	@ Jhbooks... I know... I totally had the impression that she was going to sabotage any type of relationship Caleb would try to pursue with Olivia...

message 27: by Enzo (last edited Jan 04, 2013 08:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Enzo I hope she disappears from the story completely as Tarryn had suggested in the interview. Do we really want more of Leah or of Leah trying to sabotage a Caleb/Olivia reunion? We've already had that in The Opportunist. I would like for Thief to center on Caleb and Olivia on moving forward to see if there's anything left to salvage in their love.

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	@ Enzo... YESSSSSSSSSSSSS... drop her... I won't miss her!!! And we definitely need more Olivia and Caleb time!!!

message 29: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara THE PENNY!

MK~ Picky Girl Jkbooks wrote: "I am confused in her interview she said she is "done writing for Leah" but the ending of DR made it sound like she was going to do something terrible to them. ??"

I think she may be done writing from Leah's POV. I'm sure this will not be the last we hear from Leah.... We just won't know what will be going on in that F-up head of hers.

message 31: by Enzo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Enzo Mk wrote: "Jkbooks wrote: "I am confused in her interview she said she is "done writing for Leah" but the ending of DR made it sound like she was going to do something terrible to them. ??"

I think she may b..."

She basically said what happens next to Leah is up to our imagination. And there seems to be a lot of Caleb and Olivia interaction in book 3. I'm guessing, Leah is gone for good or at least for the most part - hopefully.

♡ Sasha -  TEAM ELLIE. ♥	I think so too... not righting her off completely... But for the most part don't think the chick will take up most of the book... because I'm hoping most of the book is about Caleb and Olivia making up...

Sharmila I think the penny was in the box along with deflated basketball... maybe the deed to the house... It started and ended with those....Mementos of Jessica,..well she was the ideal girl to bring home...plus he found out that she was having his baby...You see Caleb as really wanting a family in Dirty Red ...look how happy he was when his college friend had his Son...maybe wishing for the family he never had or could have had, but didn't have any input when Jessica had the abortion...Caleb is very tight lipped about things but very sentential..I mean Leah throught her ring was hers and it was Olivia!!!! and he never said a word until he was finally telling the truth. he really doesn't share much of his feelings and thoughts...cant wait to read is POV!

Jennifer Thomas Did anyone else pick up on the line Caleb says when he brings Estella home and Leah asks him to stay for lunch...he says something to the effect 'I have somewhere to be' or 'I have plans'...something like that. I truly believe he is meeting Olivia that day. At this point he's decided he's not going back to Red ever, so he asks O to meet him somewhere. That is how later on he knows about the meeting between O and L at the Diner. I just have a feeling that The Thief actually starts out with Caleb and Olivia together in some type of relationship, either trying friends or actually romantically together, in the present and the past chapters are what happened after the blow out with Leah and Caleb's distant past. Just like how DR jumped 7 to 8 months in the future, I feel like TT will do the same. The angst will come from Caleb and Noah's interactions and Olivia deciding what to do. By the end C and O may or may not be together. Tarryn has already stated that there is actually a lot of C and N scenes and they both are fighting for the woman they love. She also mentions that Noah doesn't really interest her as a character!? Once I read that tidbit, I don't think it is possible for her to write O and N together, HEA. She also states she is most like Caleb in real life, so wouldn't she give Caleb the HEA? Funny for me to write this because I'm actually pulling for N & O to end up together.

Maria Jennifer I like your proposed scenario except for Olivia & Noah ending up together. Caleb & Olivia's HEA is the only ending I want.

Jenni Fields-Hatfield I almost didn't read Dirty Red because Leah got on my every nerve and I was afraid it would be the same story, just from her POV. In the box first thought penny or Great Expectations. I think that Sam and Leah will hook up. Then again Sam seems to be pretty wholesome and Leah is well… Leah. Sam also has a sleeve tattoo, which is really HOT, so maybe there will be a twist and Olivia will fall for Sam?!? Then again, maybe not! I also think that Caleb's brother could be the father of Estella which would free up Caleb for Olivia without any ties back to Leah. Wonder what will play out with Leah's sister? Will Leah still bring her home and if she does what will happen? I loved the chemistry between Noah & Olivia so I am a bit torn… Wonder if Olivia realizes that she has so many options. New thought….Olivia is representing Dobson the rapist wonder if he comes in to play in the next story? …. Sorry, all that sounded like a bit of a big jumbled mess so many thoughts in my head.

Sharmila maybe Olivia has a little secret...like setting Dobson up to get some time. Remember in book one the college student that was kidnapped? cant remember all the details this moment, might be her playing prostitutor and not defender?

Jdursi OMG! A deflated basketball?! i never thought of that. i saw some other suggestions like the penny or the keys to the house he bought her BUT i keep thinking would any of those gifts cause her to become hysterical & have to have her husband take her home during her own party?

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Jennifer wrote: "Did anyone else pick up on the line Caleb says when he brings Estella home and Leah asks him to stay for lunch...he says something to the effect 'I have somewhere to be' or 'I have plans'...somethi..."

Ooooo this sounds good! I'm pulling for O & C to get back together & Noah not interesting Tarryn sounds promising. Your other theories sound good too but I don't think O will or would cheat on Noah since she's reformed & all.

Sharmila Oh man, I didn't think about divorce papers in the box! Can you image!

Jeannie Optimist wrote: "Dobson is the guy from right outside the music store that she bumps into & asks her to go for coffee or something right before she sees Caleb & he has "amnesia".

I was thinking the divorce papers ..."

You are right about Dobson...he was referenced a couple of times but why she is defending him I haven't a clue.

message 42: by Layla (last edited Jan 15, 2013 02:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Layla What about that trinket that Leah broke in the first book when she demolished her apartment. She mentions something her grandmother gave her ruined that was of sentimental value. Maybe, Caleb had it all along and put it back together?

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Jeannie wrote: "Optimist wrote: "Dobson is the guy from right outside the music store that she bumps into & asks her to go for coffee or something right before she sees Caleb & he has "amnesia".

I was thinking th..."

THAT is a burning question. No clue. I really thought all throughout TO that somehow this question would be answered. It's almost like he's some sort of obsession or something. But hopefully it'll be answered in TT. Fingers crossed.

Sharmila Layla wrote: "What about that trinket that Leah broke in the first book when she demolished her apartment. She mentions something her grandmother gave her ruined that was of sentimental value. Maybe, Caleb had i..."

.... It maybe the owl figurine Caleb gave Olivia ... The whole Dobson thing, didn't Caleb date the girl that was kidnapped when Olivia and Caleb was in college? Maybe during the trial Caleb's name comes up and the tables are turned in which Caleb ends up being accused for the crimes,...because Caleb and Dobson had some history and Dobson wants payback and Olivia has to defend Caleb...god that sounds so far stretched.. Lol... But damn these books have you thinking of everything!

Jennifer Thomas Sharmila- good thinking. I think you may have discovered the plot to The Thief. or close enough. like O has to shed doubt on Dobson by making Caleb look like a viable suspect.
I really hope O is only defending him to make sure he does time.

Sharmila Jennifer!!!!!...Lol....this all could be true. Your added thoughts make it seem more believable in my head, I see that happening.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the penny was in the box. Caleb was the last one to have it...so I think he sent it to Olivia as a sign that he wants her back.

Julielynn Optimist wrote: "Jeannie wrote: "Optimist wrote: "Dobson is the guy from right outside the music store that she bumps into & asks her to go for coffee or something right before she sees Caleb & he has "amnesia".

I..."

I have felt that Dobson's twisted attempts at having relationships in some way mirrors Olivia's love for Caleb. As she says herself, she twists and tears apart what should have been nurtured in an appropriate way... And she defends him because she defends her own actions due to the of insanity of the decisions she made while with Caleb...Just a thought...

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Julielynn wrote: "I have felt that Dobson's twisted attempts at having relationships in some way mirrors Olivia's love for Caleb. As she says herself, she twists and tears apart what should have been nurtured in an appropriate way... And she defends him because she defends her own actions due to the of insanity of the decisions she made while with Caleb...Just a thought... "

Hmmm... very interesting. Could be.

I had a couple random thoughts: (a) Great Expectations seems to be a theme with Tarryn & I may have read it a long time ago so I'm not all that reliable but wasn't there some shadowy character in it that played some significance? (b) could be as simple as Olivia realizing how lucky she is to have not been picked up by Dobson because of her "obsession" with Caleb & feeling like she had to repay the debt somehow. Not sure why she would choose to repay it by defending him but she is kind of twisted sometimes.

« previous 1