Start by marking “Dirty Red (Love Me with Lies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Red (Love Me with Lies, #2)

Dirty Red

(Love Me with Lies #2)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  31,394 ratings  ·  3,488 reviews
Dear Opportunist,

You thought you could take him from me, but you lost. Now, that he's mine I'll do anything to keep him. Do you doubt me? I have everything that was supposed to be yours. In case you were wondering; he doesn't ever think about you anymore. I won't let him go....ever.

Dirty Red

Leah Smith finally has everything she has ever wanted. Except she doesn't. Her ma
Published December 21st 2012

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Red, please sign up.
Andrea
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Theresa I just finished book 2. I think it's her swallowing a bottle of sleeping pills, then she admitted she's pregnant so Caleb won't leave her. I think tha…moreI just finished book 2. I think it's her swallowing a bottle of sleeping pills, then she admitted she's pregnant so Caleb won't leave her. I think that's what Caleb refers to when he asked after her admission she planned the pregnancy, if what happened next (suicide attempt) is also planned.(less)

·  31,394 ratings  ·  3,488 reviews

Start your review of Dirty Red (Love Me with Lies, #2)
Debra
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-series

Sooooo....

This is how it feels like to be inside the mind of a child-hating, friends-judging, men-stealing manipulative woman with no boundaries whatsoever to get exactly what she wants when she wants it.

I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive about starting this book. The Opportunist was easily one of the best books I've read this year (or any other year for that matter) and it made me become a huge fan of Tarryn Fisher as an author. So, why would I have second thoughts about starting
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Now that I've been thoroughly mind f--ked, I need a cigarette...

I'm going to let y'all in on a little secret. Ready?...I was 100% prepared not to like Dirty Red. I was really hoping that I would, but who really gives a damn about Leah? I sure as hell don't. Since when does the resident bitch get her own book?

I wanted to stomp my foot like a petulant child, throw something that would make a nice shatter noise and yell..."Why do I have to read a book about f--king Leah?" (except I'm a child so I
Candace
Love, love, love this series!

After getting Olivia's side of the story in 'The Opportunist', it was a change of pace to follow it with Leah's side of the story. I absolutely hated Leah in the first book, even if I sympathized with her situation. So, I wasn't sure whether or not I would be able to enjoy the story from her perspective.

Oddly enough, I did enjoy it immensely, but I'm having a hard time explaining why I did. This is perhaps the first time that I've read a story where I despised the m
Aestas Book Blog
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

HOLY HELL. What an absolutely BRILLIANT book. 5+ stars!!

** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED BELOW **

This is a book about a villain . I was morbidly curious about it and yet very apprehensive. I couldn't imagine enjoying a book that was told entirely from the perspective of a selfish, manipulative liar. I was sure I would hate it and, in truth I don't think I have ever hated a character as much as I did Leah but I absolutely loved the book and that is a true testament to the strength and pure geni
Alexis *Reality Bites*
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS MINOR SPOILERS
3.5 close to 4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Fiction
Warning: Do not read if you have not read book one in this series.

'One thing to know about me: I dig. If I can’t find it — I dig deeper, harder. I dig until I find it. The only thing I couldn’t dig into was my own mind. I didn’t want to see it.'
~ Inner monologue of Leah

Photobucket

My first clear thought is that I want to make him pay. I flash to an irrational thought, where I picture myself hogtying Olivia and du
Merita
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
7th January 2013:

Firstly I have to say I LOVE YOU TARRYN FISHER Amazing, just simply amazing. The twists, the turns, the bitchiness, the crazyness AAARRGGHHHH I loved every minute of it!!!

The Opportunist left us on a cliffhanger and Dirty Red filled us in on all the gaps of what we wanted to know.
I have to say (and dont all kill me now) but i felt sorry for Leah, she really had a hard time growing up. In Dirty Red you get to understand Leah a little more because the book is from her point of
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FisherDirtyRed2TitlebySueBee_zpsa5b9c240.jpg
★★★★ 1/2! Love Me With Lies, book 2 of 3! Leah, the villain plaguing the series gets her story!

“I didn’t choose her,” his voice breaks. “Love is illogical. You fall into it like a manhole. Then you’re just stuck. You die in love more than you live in love.”

Dirty Red, book 2 in the Love Me With Lies Trilogy is written from the villain’s POV. What a brilliant idea, yet the cause of so much angst!

This series is really Caleb Drake’s and Olivia Kaspen’s whirlwind saga
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Yep, I one-starred this sucker. Here’s what I need all you fangirls to do while I explain . . .

I really dug The Opportunist and made the rare exception of placing Book #2 on my TBR because the storyline peaked my curiosity. I admittedly HATE books in a series and rarely read past the first. The reason? Because there is always SO. MUCH. FILLER. There’s hardly ever enough material to produce three (or more) books – especially in
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
3-4 Ginger Stars~

THIS JUST IN...Leah Drake is found guilty of not only being a liar, a manipulator and a first class bitch, but also of being an unfit mother to poor defenseless baby Estella, so sad!

***The Reason for 3 - 4 Stars
I found myself for the majority of the book looking forward to her next interaction with Olivia, Caleb, Seth or Sam. I felt that on her own Leah wasn't enough and Olivia and Caleb were barely in the book.***

Dirty Red is told through the point of view of Leah Drake and sha
Audrie Cruz-Sealey
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you read The Opportunist, you probably hate Leah as much as I do. I didn’t want to read this book.

I hate Leah!! I don't want to be in her mind, or hear how she feels, or go through what she goes through...I just want her to hurt badly and for the ending I WANTED (Yes I am selfish) to happen!!

But it is like an addiction…I had to read it. I don’t know how I feel about it because, I don’t care about Leah’s feelings or her past. I think that is Tarryn’s talent…she puts you there, she makes you l
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who are crazy and have brain problems!
MOTHER FUCKING HELL!!
I.need.the.thrid.book.like.fucking.now.

There is a fucking thin line between obsession and love, and let me break it to you Leah.. Bitch you crossed that line by miles.

ITS IN FUCKING FRONT OF YOUR EYES THAT HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU, never has, never will the way he loves her.

I find it amusing how I HATE characters from novels I read with every fiber from my being without them even fucking being real or anything.
How jealous and insecure can a person be?? Her level of insecurity and
Claudia Ramírez
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
WOAH. This book was way better than I expected it would be! I thought I'd hate it because I hated Leah and I "was not interested" in her POV, but no! It never bored me and I found it very addicting! I was able to sympathize with Leah and now I kinda like her, BUT I'll always ship Caleb with Olivia <3.

Can't wait to start the next book!
Jessa
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, kindle, the-feels, adult
12/29/12

Holy mother of God. What a freakin' rollercoaster. Dirty Red wasn't as emotionally tasking as The Opportunist. Probably because I will never be a fan of Leah's and I believe that she deserved everything that got handed to her. But Dirty Red is still an exceptional novel. There were questions answered and discoveries made, but it also left more questions to be answered. I understand Leah better now and I've come to the conclusion that she is PSYCHO and needs help. STAT.

Now to wait for t
Lazaros
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
So, let me say that by all means, just because I gave it 3 stars doesn't mean I didn't downright love this. But, and there's a big but here, I tend to give books I have a sort of hate/love 3 stars, it's just how I work. Now I can proceed to my review.

Well, by the book cover and title we can all assume that this is a sequel told from Leah's perspective, and yes I never liked the girl but getting into her mind was just as dirty as the book title says. That girl, has some serious problems. She's ne
♥Rachel♥
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Arlene
Shelves: favorites
I was nervous picking up Dirty Red after reading The Opportunist, because frankly, I HATE LEAH!!! With the heat of a thousand suns, kind of hate. Maybe I’m being a little melodramatic, but this series brings out some pretty powerful feelings in me. Obsession is probably first and foremost. The fact that I LOVED Dirty Red as much if not more is a testament to the brilliant writing skills of Tarryn Fisher, because how else could I love a book that’s in the POV of a woman I detest?

I you haven’t re
Lise *friends don't flag*
I am finished... and as much as I should eat frozen broccoli, peas and carrots- I am going to sit and eat candy instead
description

Or... perhaps I will just drink...

And... this is what I will be doing until book #3 comes out
description

Thank-you Tarryn, I enjoyed living in Leah's head!

So Excited!

I have a feeling we are in for an early Christmas present....been seeing hints all day!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Now we get Dirty Red's POV, aka Leah, the "villain" of the story. I have to admit that I was a bit apprehensive to start this book...I didn't want to end up liking Leah but thank goodness, I didn't have anything to worry about! If anything, while I may understand her a bit more...and feel a bit sadden by things that have happened to her, I still just don't like her. And she makes that very easy.

I enjoyed that it alternated chapters with going to the past and then coming back to what was happeni
Nenia ⚔️ Queen of Villainy ⚔️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I'm usually pretty bad about reading sequels because I'm both easily distracted and a cheapskate, so sometimes years will go by before I'll say to myself, "You know, I really liked X book, maybe it's time I should read the sequel to X book..." but of course, I never do. Or at least, I usually don't. I read the prequel to this book, THE OPPORTUNIST, just a few days ago, and I've already finished DIRTY RED with my eye on THE THIEF. It's th
Brenna
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Sons of guns and motherfuckers."

After reading The Opportunist for the first time a few days ago, I was beyond excited to start Dirty Red. I just couldn't imagine reading a book about someone I DO NOT want the hero of this series to be with. Even though I never wanted Leah & Caleb together, I went in with an open mind. I didn't have immediate hatred for Leah after The Opportunist like many did. I never actually liked Leah, but I didn't hate her either.

Yeah, well... that all changed after th
Beth Hudspeth
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
My name is Leah, and I will do anything to keep my husband.
 photo bitch crazy pll_zpsvzfmbgwf.gif

You think Olivia is manipulative? Meet dirty red. I thought I might feel bad for her while reading this, but that couldn't be anywhere farther from what I felt towards her. She is awful. She acts like a good person, but she is really thinking anything but nice thoughts. She is the most selfish person ever. She sees Caleb as her prize. She wants the idea of a man like Caleb, but has no idea what love is supposed to be like.

I have done a n
Christy
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My name is Leah and I will do anything to keep my husband.

How could I absolutely LOVE a book about a character i despise? Because Tarryn Fisher is brilliant. Love her writing! The Opportunist was one of the first books I ever read that didn’t give me a HEA and I didn’t care- It was just that good. This book, I didn’t want a HEA- not for Leah anyway.

Whoever she was, I would wipe her from his memory in no time at all. Why? Because I was the best of the best: the Godiva, the Maserati, the perf
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

See more reviews like this at Reading Books Like a Boss

*DO NOT READ MY REVIEW IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE OPPORTUNIST. IT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.

I'M WARNING YOU...

"My name is Leah, and I will do anything to keep my husband."

I was extremely scared and apprehensive about reading this book. I hated HATED Leah in The Opportunist. Even though she made only brief appearances in book #1, she left quite the impression and a horrible taste in my mouth. Those feelings only intensified when I read Dirty Red. I
Smitten's Book Blog

Ok, this might be a little disjointed, because I'm already half way through Thief. I hardly ever start another book before I've written a review for the previous one, but I just couldn't help myself.

I raced through Dirty Red yesterday, finished it at about midnight and then dived straight into Thief. I can confirm, I definitely made the right decision in waiting until the third book was released. How on earth some of you guys sat tight at the end of Dirty Red and waited for long for Caleb's boo
Catarina
4 psychotic and bitchy stars!

I don't think I've ever read a book as fast as I’ve read this one. I was postponing the reading of this book so I could read it closer to Thief’s releasing date. (Basically I was gathering courage to read it since TO left me d emotionally drained).
So when I say on FB that it was already alive on Amazon I dropped everything… and when I say everything I say: dropped the book I was reading, stopped doing anything and talking to people in general and started reading
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
4.5 ‘dirty love’ stars 🤩

“I have done a number of things to keep this man. I have lied and cheated. I have been sexy and meek, fierce and vulnerable. I have been everything but myself.
He is mine right now, but I am never enough for him.”
- Leah Smith

* * *
“When they’re together, it’s like putting a hurricane and a tornado in the same room — you can feel the tension. I didn’t believe in the cliché of soul mates until I saw them together.”
- Cammie

* * *
“There was no way he could forget me. We were tog
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
CURRENTLY ON SALE! http://amzn.to/2zfEy0l

I will start off by saying I despise Leah. Hate her. I found immense pleasure in her misery and was overjoyed when her life went to shit. (Harsh? Maybe. Oh well.)

And what I find so crazy is even though I was reading a book on a character that physically repulsed me, I enjoyed it SO.
Calia
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It makes perfectly good sense that I started my year off with The Opportunist and end it with Dirty Red.

Both are THE top reads of the year for me. Both will draw you in from page you one and leave your mind in pieces at the end and both will leave you dying for more.

This may be my most vaguest review, but mentioning one thing will ruin another. I CAN say that getting inside Leah's brain was such a fascinating thing. Ms. Fisher doesn't hold back.
She gives you:
Kim
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 4 CRAZY BITCH STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I have done a number of things to keep this man. I have lied and cheated. I have been sexy and meek, fierce and vulnerable. I have been everything but myself. He is mine right now, but I am never enough for him (...) I don't know what he's looking for. I wish I did…

I am who I am.

My name is Leah, and I will do anything to keep my husband."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Well, I had no
☆ Sammy ☆彡
To be completely honest, I was not looking forward to an entire book in Leah's POV. I didn't like her character in The Opportunist and I really didn't want to read about her relationship/marriage with Caleb because he belongs with Olivia! That being said, this book had me completely hooked and I couldn't put it down.

Dirty Red continues from where the Opportunist left off. You learn a lot about Leah's past and events that made her into the person that she is. You also get a glimpse into Leah and

• Never Never (Never Never, #1-3)
  • True Love Story
  • Too Late
  • Regretting You
  • Never Never: Part Two (Never Never, #2)
  • Never Never: Part Three (Never Never, #3)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • Thou Shalt Not
  • Finding Perfect
  • Never Never (Never Never, #1)
  • Arsen: A Broken Love Story
  • Verity
  • Ruin (Kingdoms of Sin #3)
  • Black Lies
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • Where the Truth Lives (Where, #2)
  • Maybe Now (Maybe, #2)
I would like to write a novel that every, single person loves, but not even J.K. Rowling could do that. Instead, I try to write stories that pull on people's emotions. I believe that sadness is the most powerful emotion, and swirled with regret the two become a dominating force. I love villains. Three of my favorites are Mother Gothel, Gaston and the Evil Queen who all suffered from a pretty wicke ...more

Love Me with Lies (3 books)
  • The Opportunist (Love Me with Lies, #1)
  • Thief (Love Me with Lies, #3)