Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
This topic is about The Scorch Trials
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Scorch Trials by James Dashner → Start Date: February 3, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I am excited to read this!

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments Okay, this is far easier to understand :) Am I the only one that gets confused with the layout of the comments sometimes lol. I'm about 60-some pages into the Maze Runner and from what I'm reading so far, I can't wait to read the second one!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes I do too sometimes. Haha. I really enjoyed the Maze Runner. I gave it four stars because I thought the beginning was very slow-paced. But once I got past the beginning, I really liked it!

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments Yea, I had trouble with the first 20 pages or so but after that, so far, it's really picking up.

message 5: by Megan (last edited Dec 28, 2012 10:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments I started the Maze Runner a day ago and I'll probably have it finished early tomorrow morning. I'm flying through it. It's so amazingly freakishly good!!

message 6: by Alexa (last edited Dec 31, 2012 04:49PM) (new) - added it

Alexa | 932 comments OMG I AM SO IN!! I finished The Maze Runner a few hours ago THE ENDING THE EPILOGUE WOW SHOCKING, I'm excited to read book 2! I have to read so many other books for January so, February is perfect :)))

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments I know, I just finished The Maze Runner this weekend and I absolutely loved it!!!! Can't wait for February :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay Alexa!! Glad you can join!! :)

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments Scorch Trials just arrived in the mail today!! I am ready for February 3rd!!

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments So do we have a schedule for this read? Do we want to discuss at certain points? I've never done a buddy read before on Goodreads so I'm kinda clueless how it'll work lol :)

message 11: by Alexa (last edited Jan 30, 2013 12:26PM) (new) - added it

Alexa | 932 comments Megan wrote: "So do we have a schedule for this read? Do we want to discuss at certain points? I've never done a buddy read before on Goodreads so I'm kinda clueless how it'll work lol :)"

Megan!! It's going to be so fun :D I loved my first time!
Yeah, do you guys want a schedule? If so, 65 chapters + epilogue ~ 360 pages.

What would work?? how many days do you guys want to spread it out for? I don't mind anything really. :) depends on how much time yous have. I just have a buddy read starting the 2nd but I can do both if we don't go tooooo extreme with the daily chapters LOL

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't plan on reading this book fast. I don't have alot of time to read so I would like to take this book slow, but not too slow. So I am okay with anything really.

message 13: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments In in too. This is my first reading buddy. So what's the plan ?

message 14: by Alexa (new) - added it

Alexa | 932 comments Ok since I have no idea I've just made a rough estimation of what could "work for us all".

3rd February, 1-11
4th February, 11-22
5th February, 22-33
6th February, 33-44
7th February, 44-55
8th February, 55-65 + epilogue.

What do you guys think? I think the chapters have to be pretty short because the whole book is only 360 pages..
Is it too slow?

message 15: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments Alexa wrote: "Ok since I have no idea I've just made a rough estimation of what could "work for us all".

3rd February, 1-11
4th February, 11-22
5th February, 22-33
6th February, 33-44
7th February, 44-55
8th F..."

Is ok for me. What about Tori and Megan?

I'm so excited, like you girls I just finished this book last week and I love it. I think the mystery of the book was excellent and the ending was not disappointing (as with some mystery books, in the end the mystery turns out to be something very stupid).

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments Yep, that works for me, as well. I'm really excited for this :)

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments Do we want to discuss each day? Or certain days?

message 18: by Alexa (new) - added it

Alexa | 932 comments That's great Megan and Yoly!! Now we just need to know of it works with Tori, and Yoly we know the feeling :D the ending was so cruel though, I'm really looking forward to their reaction when they find out its not really over... LOL.

We discuss everyday, whenever we've read the section of the day, come on here and post your thoughts/questions/anything really.

Be careful with spoilers though because we all read at different times of the day and we might have not gotten through all 11 chapters of the day, some like to spread them out during the day and vice versa.. so just put the spoiler-ish stuff in the spoiler code thing.

I've heard we're not going to like Tessa in this book..so yeah, I'm really excited :D

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah that sound great!! I am excited to read this one! And how do you do the spoiler code thing?

message 20: by Alexa (last edited Jan 31, 2013 02:09PM) (new) - added it

Alexa | 932 comments you do <*spoiler> enter your stuff here<*/spoiler>
(Remove the * stars for it to work)
(view spoiler)

Great!! I'm glad the schedule works for everyone :D

message 21: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments :D I just find the book in Spanish. The name us a little bit different, they translate like "The tests"

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay I am starting this book right now!! I am really excited to read this one! :) Has anyone else started already?

message 23: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments I Will start in like an hour. And I an very excited too !!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay!! :) Come back and chat when you have hit a part that we should discuss!

message 25: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments I can't wait until tomorrow!!! This book is soooooooo good. I'm in mystery about the tattoos

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm done the 11 chapters, so if anyone wants to discuss I will be most willing to! :)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Yoly me too!! I am also curious as to what the tattoos mean.

message 28: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments I think the new guy is "the traitor" of the Group B, and maybe Teresa is with that group telling them the same history about "Thomas is dead"

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

That is a good point! Maybe Therea is basically telling the other group the same thing that Aris is telling Thomas' group.

message 30: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments Maybe, and I'm curious too about the other group because in the first book they say the group B was better.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too!! I can't wait to read more tomorrow. I am really liking what I have read of this book so far!

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments Hi everyone! I just finished the first 11 chapters (I was finishing up another book so I couldn't start it until like an hour ago...talk about cutting it close, lol).

(view spoiler)

So what did everyone else think of the first 11 chapters? I made it with about 50 minutes to spare, lol...at least in my time zone. Happy reading, all!!

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments Just finished chapter 22. Anybody want to discuss? Really liking it so far. Very...suspenseful :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought the first 11 chapters were very suspenseful! I really enjoyed them! I am liking where this story is going. :)

I just finished chapter 22 as well, so I am open to discussing with anyone! :)

message 35: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments Im in chapter 18, but I need to back to work. I will be here in 3 or 4 hours maybe.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay no rush Yoly!! :)

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments Just finished Day 3's reading (about to start on chapter 34).

(view spoiler)

Anybody want to discuss?

message 38: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments Megan wrote: "Just finished Day 3's reading (about to start on chapter 34).

[spoilers removed]

Anybody want to discuss?"

I finished chapter 22 yesterday. Teresa trusted yet, there is something about it that I dislike. I can not wait to read chapters today, because yesterday was like in point or not very stable.

It gave me chills the part where they crossed the tunnel and attacked the metal ball. It was horribel imagine those scenes, especially after the first death when not yet know how the boy died.

message 39: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments Megan wrote: "Just finished Day 3's reading (about to start on chapter 34).

[spoilers removed]

Anybody want to discuss?"

I also felt the same when the crank surprised Thomas. And yes this book isdefinitely turning into one of those books you don't read before bed. Well I feel that on the first one too. I remember reading "The first night I slept in a labyrinth Thomas" as at 12 pm and was very nervous. haha

I think Brenda is right, maybe Teresa itself is a traitor and so are creating a new romantic interest for Thomas.

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments I know I shouldn't do it again but I'm going to do day 4's reading (for the 6th) right now. Before bed. Lol. Oh well. I'll be back to chat in the morning if anyone's interested in discussing :) Happy reading!

message 41: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments I just thought, what if everything is going on in your head? and if nothing is real and they just think they see things and they are actually seeing something else?

message 42: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments Megan wrote: "I know I shouldn't do it again but I'm going to do day 4's reading (for the 6th) right now. Before bed. Lol. Oh well. I'll be back to chat in the morning if anyone's interested in discussing :) Hap..."

I understand why you did it. I just finished chapter 44 and I'm a total mystery and wanting to know more. Do not know what to think. I delight Teresa never (not even in the first book), but now I do not know if it really is bad or not.

On the other hand I do not want Newt die: (

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I am a little behind with my reading.. I don't think I will be able to get to today's chapters, but I will read them tomorrow, along with tomorrow's chapters!! Sorry girls!

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments I'm a little behind, as well. This book has freaked me out in a few places lol. Reading today's and tomorrow's chapters today (hopefully). happy reading everyone!

message 45: by Yoly (last edited Feb 07, 2013 02:14PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments I finish chapter 55 and I´m like :S with a little bit of :O and some WTFF!!??

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

So I am currently on chapter 33 (I know I am a little behind), but I am planning on reading up to chapter 55, so that I can be back on schedule! :)

This book has become really creepy at some parts! For example, at the end of chapter 32:

"I think they're gone," Brenda finally whispered. She flicked on her flashlight.
"Hello noses!" a hideous voice yelled from the room.
Then a bloody hand reached through the doorway and grabbed Thomas by the shirt.

I was really creeped out at this scene. Anyone else?? Haha

message 47: by Yoly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yoly | 696 comments Megan and I say that few days before.

I was really scary in that point too! Like

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh haha sorry I didn't realize that. I was trying not to read the comments because I wasn't as far as you and Megan were, so I didn't want to spoil it. Haha

Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms (bookstacksngoldenmoms) | 75 comments Just finished. Oh my gosh!!! Cliffhanger!!! Anyone want to discuss?

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I am just about finished. I will be able to discuss in about an hour or so.

« previous 1