Start by marking “The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2)

The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  235,586 ratings  ·  17,024 reviews
Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end.

Thomas was sure that escape from the Maze would mean freedom for him and the Gladers. But WICKED isn’t done yet. Phase Two has just begun. The Scorch.

There are no rules. There is no help. You either make it or you die.

The Gladers have two weeks to cross through the Scorch—the most burned-out section of the world. And WICKE
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 368 pages
Published October 12th 2010 by Delacorte Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Scorch Trials, please sign up.

Eajas
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsInsurgent by Veronica Roth
YA Dystopia Novels
25th out of 848 books — 8,957 voters
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
160th out of 20,650 books — 55,653 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie
During this entire book, I counted how many times Thomas ended up passing out or sleeping either at the end of a chapter or paragraph and did you want to know what the finally count was?

29.

29 times this guy blacked out!! Out of 360 pages, Thomas left you with the cliff hanger of "and finally he slept" 29 times. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

If this didn't annoy you at all, reread this book (NOT RECOMMENDED) and realize that this dude spent most of his life passed out. Then try to tell me you didn't

Emily May

What the hell? Even though I have sometimes enjoyed a book and not really liked the sequel, it's very rare that I would love one and absolutely hate the other. I desperately tried to finish it but I was bored, I kept getting distracted by either my family, my cats or some random fluff on the carpet... so I just skim-read it to the end and gave myself a basic idea of what the conclusion was.

I truly loved The Maze Runner, even though quite a few people found it annoying - particularly the protag
Thomas
I AM SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW.

I hate it when people do that. Don't you just want to tell them," okay, calm down. It's not like writing in caps is going to get your point across any further." But I just had to, because my brain is bursting at the seams after reading The Scorch Trials.

I love Thomas' name! I know my enthusiasm is quite unnecessary, but I've never seen the name Thomas used for the protagonist of a book. And a great one, too. Now there are other references besides that darn Thomas the T
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
I wrote this review a few years ago when I didn't care much about posting spoilers, but I now realize I probably should have posted a spoiler warning. So, here it is: this review contains big spoilers so tread carefully!

-----------

1/11/11

You know, there's a difference between creating suspense and just …being annoying. This book did more of the latter than the former. I enjoyed The Maze Runner; however, it got pretty confusing towards the end, and I was hoping that The Scorch Trials would give
Christina
Jan 31, 2013 Christina rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one. STAY AWAY AND SAVE YOURSELVES!
Sigh. I don't know how to write a review for this book without it sounding like a full-out rant. So I guess I'll just rant.

First of all, I will admit that I only have myself to blame for picking up this (audio)book. I wasn't a fan of the first one, and yet I still decided to give The Scorch Trials a try. Somehow, this one was worse than the The Maze Runner. How so? Let me count the ways...

1. Character development. James Dashner deserves an award for achieving the impossible by being the first au
Emily Rose
Holy klunk, this book is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!
Laz
Apr 19, 2015 Laz rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: dystopia lovers
WICKED is good. Nah.

Where should I begin? Firstly, this was by no means as good as the first book. The first book was a mix of thrill and adventure and the mystery surrounding everything was something that gave the chills.

On the other hand, the second novel failed to give me the goosebumps and I would sometimes lose interest. The storyline felt dragged on and phase two was a boiled potato. I felt like Mr. Dashner put all the characters and had them running around like pigs for nothing. It kin
Mohammed Arabey
Sorry to break the bad news But...Guys..You have to Run Again...
No no, not the maze..but here..Welcome to the new Trial...
And Thomas, Remember..
WICKED is Good so shuckin' Wicked

"فيروس الأيبولا الدموي ينتشر في العالم وظهور حالة بنيويورك..الأحتباس الحراري وصل لمرحلة متقدمة... وجماعات تنادي بانقاذ القطب الشمالي"
هل مازلت تعتقد ان احداث تلك الرواية مستحيل تحققها في المستقبل؟؟

اذا شاهدت -واعجبك- الفيلم الأول , لا تنتظر الجزء الثاني وابدأ فورا في قراءة الرواية
تعبت من الجري مع توماس واصدقاءه في المتاهة,
Mitchel Broussard
Natalie Monroe
Thomas, honeybunch? We need to talk.

What exactly happened here? In the first book, you were a huge Gary Stu, yes, but you also captured my heart with your endearing awkwardness. You were a confused little boy that awakened the mama bear in me and made me want to take you in my arms and squeeze you til all the insecurity is gone. For the Scorch Trials, I still wanted to play the mom, but the kind that whacks you a new one so you'll sort your shit out.

How the hell did you go from this:

To this:

Half
Debra

I was expecting things to finally clear up at the end of this book, instead I was left with even more questions than before...

Up until 80% I really enjoyed the story though, and I'll probably read book 3 as well, because I just have to know how all of this is going to play out.

3.5 Stars.
Maria Kaye
OH SHIT, IT LOOKS AMAZING. SOME TEASER PHOTOS FOR THE SCORCH TRIALS MOVIE.

description

There's more but these are the best, WHO ELSE IS EXCITED?
Liam
re-reading this book was tHE BEST DECISION!!

I read this book for the first time a couple of years ago and I honestly could barely remember anything that happens... So when the trailer came out and it looked amazing I felt a re-read was needed!

This book was so fast paced and I just couldn't put it down!! Nearly every little chapter ends in a cliff hanger so I found myself saying "just one more chapter" at the end of every chapter...

The bromance and sass between the gladers in what stood out to
mark monday
from Maze to Desert
mystery to tedium...
magic gone; I fled

photo sigh_zps7b8198cf.jpg
~Tina~
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, James Dashner is my freaken Hero!!!!

WOW you guys! Just O M G, WoW!
If y'all liked The Maze Runner, you'll LovE The Scorch Trials! It's unbelievable!

James Dashner as once again created a none stop, action packed adventure that will blow your ever loving Shuck-Sticks-Cranked mind.
With new characters and all your favorite crazed-lingo-Gladers, comes a story of constant struggle to survive, a once again, Trial that are even more terrifying, dangerous and in
Arlene
Nov 29, 2011 Arlene rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: SciFi and Dystopia YA Fans
Post-apocalyptic Nightmare!

Wow, The Scorch Trials was definitely a bizarre mind trip, and after everything that was revealed and unfolded, I can’t wait to see how this series ends.

This next installment to The Maze Runner picks up right where the first book left off. The Gladers have been rescued from The Maze, but their trials are far from over. They are immediately launched into a human nightmare where WICKED uses mental, physical, psychological and emotional experiments to test mind patterns
Kate ❣
The Scorch Trials

This was an awesome books, however not as good as the first.
I loved all the mystery and constant suspense, although Thomas seemed to be sleeping or passing out a lot in this book :')

I feel like not a lot happened, yet a lot did at the same time. This book definitely took a different turn and was very different to The Maze Runner.

I'm excited to see how this ends, because I've heard very controversial things about it!
These books are great so far and I really want to pick up some
Franco  Santos
Muy buena continuación. En mi opinión, baja un poco el nivel: es más pausado que su predecesor y más lento, sin embargo, Dashner logró volverme adicto nuevamente a la historia.

description

Antes de que el mundo se viniera abajo, ella habló una vez más.

En esta entrega aparecen nuevos personajes, y es en donde comienza la verdadera aventura. Tiene partes en las que pensaba que el ritmo decaía, pero ahí, en esos momentos difíciles, aparece James para cerrarme la boca y así evitar que suelte el libro.

Intercamb
Jonathan

3.5 Stars

I had mixed feelings to The Maze Runner and so it was with interest that I picked up its sequel to see how things continued. I was personally surprised and a little frustrated with this book. It seemed the minute I knew what was happening something completely changed in the story to make me unsure about anything. But I guess I could therefore associate with the character...

The whole point of this book is to continue the trials explored in the Maze Runner. Which were interesting from a t
Lotte
Hmm, ok. So, here’s the deal. The Scorch Trials probably doesn't deserve these three stars, but giving it only two stars just felt wrong. And that’s due to the simple fact that even though the book annoyed me, I kept reading and I finished it even faster than I thought I would. Not because I wanted it to end, but because despite everything I always wanted to know what happened next. That’s probably just me totally buying into the whole typical YA dystopian concept, but that’s what happened. I ke ...more
Caroline
LATE last night I made the decision that I would be unable to sleep until I finished reading The Scorch Trials. This is possibly the highest praise for a book considering I love sleep more than most other things. I just need to take a moment to appreciate how not-terrible this book was! It has been my recent experience that a lot of trilogies go downhill after the first one so I am really surprised that this series is maintaining such a high standard.

I think the thing that surprised me most abo
Jamie
Wow...just wow...This book left me both exhilarated and exhausted. Twist after twist, after twist! And they just kept on coming! If you are looking for a fast paced read that does not relent then this is it! However, if you have not read the first book you might want to stop reading this review and go read the first book of the series first. This will be here when you get back. So this book picks up right where the first book ends. Thomas wakes up to screaming and terror and things change and a ...more
Shannan
[This book is the second instalment of The Maze Runner Trilogy.]
James Dashner is definitely in my Top Authors list! His books always leave an impact on me for some unidentified reason. I love this book to the point where it isn't healthy!

Once again James Dashner (or should I say Thomas) has taken me on an adventure that made me feel a great many emotions.
I admit to loving this book so much that I couldn't let go of it; causing me to read it entirly in one day with no breaks(I can't say my blatte
Priscilla
So this is what the end of the world looks like... huh.

My first impressions:
1) I WANT TO READ THE LAST BOOK NOW.
2) Not as good as the first, BUT it's still very good! (Really, how can it live up to the first?)
3) I found the end a bit anti-climatic.
5) Predictable at times, and a lot of unpredictable craziness.
6) Too much 'sleeping' and 'passing out'. T 0T But I suppose if that adds to the plot building, suspense and character backstory...sure why not.
7) Love Minho and Newt! Thomas, you're cool to
Kristy
This is one of those rare exception books where the 2nd is actually better than the 1st!!! I am 100% addicted and want #3 NOW!

This is my new favorite series. You ShouldRead The Maze Runner and this one!!!! You will not be sorry! DO IT!!!!

AHHHHH!!!!! Maybe after the shock wears off, I'll be able to write an actual review!

Neil(ed) it!
I like The Maze Runner even I only have a very little idea of what is really happening underneath or behind this Maze-thing. I appreciated it's intensity and suspense, even the characters, so it's fine to me that I didn't get answers in the first place.

In The Scorch Trials, I had enough. Yes, I've been informed about the idea that everything is an experiment and there is a virus called Flare that needs a cure. But when I thought about it, I found the events (the experiment-thingy) happened in th
Becky
Wow. That was a thrill ride! James Dashner really knows how to ratchet up the tension.

This book was very different from The Maze Runner, much less eerie and creepy mysterious, but what it lacks there, it more than makes up for in tension and action. We learn more about the world outside of the maze, and about the flares and the Flare, and we meet Cranks, which reminded me somewhat of the "zombies" suffering from Rage in 28 Days Later - OK, well, at least those past Gone.

We have some shifting o
Luann
Jul 18, 2011 Luann rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Luann by: Liz (Pick-a-Shelf)
I was immediately dragged back into this story! I had the "here we go again" feeling, like many of the characters in the story, but I did enjoy the journey while continuing to wonder: "What the heck is going on!?" just like while I was reading The Maze Runner. And now I look forward to reading book three, The Death Cure, which will be coming out later this year!

Reading this actually feels a lot like watching the TV show Lost:
* Changing leaders
* Mysterious but intriguing clues to never-sure-what
Joost
Mijn recensie kan je vinden op: http://nerdygeekyfanboy.blogspot.nl/2...
Cynn
« “-Algunas veces me pregunto... -murmuró Thomas.
-¿Te preguntas, qué?
-Si importa estar vivo. Si no sería mucho más facil estar muerto.”»

En The Scorch Trials pensamos que Thomas y sus compañeros se van a poder tomar un respiro y todas las “cositas” van a estar tranquilas pero…no. En este caso, van a desear poder volver al laberinto a que tener que enfrentarse a lo que se les propone. Pensaron que todo había terminado, pero esto recién comienza a terminar. Como prueba “final” de CRUEL, tienen
Trailer 2 28 34 Jul 30, 2015 01:14PM
Minecraft Trailer 7 19 Jul 08, 2015 12:29PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Maze Runner Series By James Dashner - Reading 'The Death Cure' from June 2nd and 'The Scorch Trials' from June 11th 2015 574 344 Jul 05, 2015 09:50AM
Better Character?? Teresa/Brenda?? 262 1490 Jun 25, 2015 08:55AM
Awesome 12 32 Jun 22, 2015 10:04AM
ƑƛƝƓƖƦԼƖƝƓ ƠƔЄƦ Є...: The Scorch Trials 1 2 Jun 05, 2015 03:21AM
The Trailer 41 86 May 29, 2015 11:56AM
  • Death Sentence (Escape From Furnace, #3)
  • Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3)
  • Rage Within (Dark Inside, #2)
  • Outpost (Razorland, #2)
  • The Resistance (The Declaration, #2)
  • Light (Gone, #6)
  • Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5, #1.5, #2.5)
  • UnWholly (Unwind, #2)
  • The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2)
  • Fuse (Pure #2)
  • Prized (Birthmarked, #2)
  • Sapphique (Incarceron, #2)
  • Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1)
James is the author of THE MAZE RUNNER trilogy and THE 13TH REALITY series. He also published a series (beginning with A DOOR IN THE WOODS) with a small publisher several years ago. He lives and writes in the Rocky Mountains.
More about James Dashner...

The Maze Runner (3 books)
  • The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)
  • The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3)
The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) The Kill Order (Maze Runner, #0.5) The Eye of Minds (The Mortality Doctrine, #1) The Journal of Curious Letters (The 13th Reality, #1)

“i felt her absence. it was like waking up one day with no teeth in your mouth. you wouldn't need to run to the mirror to know they were gone” 426 likes
“Rose took my nose, I suppose” 382 likes