Under The Sun Every Day Just Comes & Goes discussion

Under The Sun Interviews > Interview Overview

Comments Showing 1-50 of 142 (142 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (last edited Jan 17, 2013 12:09AM) (new)

Theodore (ddaythecannibal) | 3078 comments Mod
Okay first off allow me to clarify some things.

1) Clarifying
a. These interviews are meant to help us better understand each other and each other’s writings and styles. This will hopefully make the whole group friendlier and hopefully improve our own work.

b. They are not meant to be invasive in anyway. So if you are chosen by the group to be interviewed. You may decline to answer any question or decline to take the interview at all.

c. If the winner declines to be interviewed the runner up will be interviewed instead.

2) People's Choice
a. The interviewed person will be chosen by the group members in a poll.

b. Nominations will be made by the mods of the group... and most likely Lynx cause I hate the number three.

c. Anyone in the group may be nominated as long as they are a writer/poet (being published doesn’t matter).

d. The polls will run for three weeks, one week shorter than the interview it self to give me time to interview the next person.

3) The interviews
a. The First interview will be done by me, Richard. After which I will make a topic and paste said interview.

b. Once the topic is up the members of the group may ask any questions I don't. But please keep in mind when asking the interviewed questions they may decline to answer any question they are asked.

c. My interview questions will be a wide variety and may change from person to person. The questions can and will often involve, life, sex, dreams of the future, music, love, and everything else Under the Sun.

d. A person's interview topic will be open for four weeks.

message 2: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Oh and DA members yes I did basically just copy and paste that...

message 3: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

With a few minor changes...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Sweet so there is no way I could be chosen right?

message 6: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Not unless you become a writer or I change the rules...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Fuck yeah!

message 8: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

You realize you've been nominated in DA right?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Fuck!! Anyone vote for me?

message 10: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Nope. But then again only five people voted so far... 11 people voted here.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe I'll get lucky and lose.

message 12: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Aww... But I think people would love to hear about you...

message 13: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Atkinson (djinn) | 348 comments @ Champ You do realize that you will keep getting nominated in DA until you win.

message 14: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Oh I am going to call him and remind him of that!!!

message 15: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

Alright so the votes are in (actually they were in about 3 days ago... oops.)

Coming in third; Richard with 4 votes

Coming in Second; Done with 5 votes

And our winner

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Joy (new)

Joy  | 476 comments Ira won!!!

Oh this is going to be funny...

message 17: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

@Killjoy
Why this going to be funny?

message 18: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Mediator of Voices (new)

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 1395 comments Mod
Drat! I always get second in everything.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

@Oxy
Hey how are you choosing the next nominations? You didn't ask Boss to choose is why I'm asking.

@Waterfall
I voted for you in DA.

message 20: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

I'm not sure. I chose not to do it like that to make it different from DA....

I voted for you so Tebow wouldn't win... you guys are neck and neck. Not really looking forward to interviewing him....

message 21: by Nate (new)

Nate Richard why not randomly pic? (I have no idea based on what) OR Have each mod pic one person...idk

message 22: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

I like the latter idea. I think I might do that.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

You Dick! Don't vote for me!!! I might win! Damn I hope T-Boner wins.

I like Nate's idea.

message 24: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Atkinson (djinn) | 348 comments Champion wrote: "You Dick! Don't vote for me!!! I might win! Damn I hope T-Boner wins.

I like Nate's idea."

You do realize that you will end up winning at some point in time.

message 25: by Nate (new)

Nate Richard wrote:
I voted for you so Tebow wouldn't win... you guys are neck and neck. Not really looking forward to interviewing him...."

are you kidding? That one could be quite entertaining. I think that one should be televised, (& If you sell tickets you could make a small mint) though the interview must be done via satellite for, safety reasons.

message 26: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

@Nate
LOL Worst part is that's true...

message 27: by Nate (new)

Nate I bet you could easily earn $50 (and then you'd be set)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

@Djinn
I know. But is it wrong to hope that isn't a long way off

@Nate
I would rather see them throw down. Something tells me T-Boner is used to getting his ass kicked, and Oxy is, well, Oxy. Could be fun to watch.

message 29: by Nate (new)

Nate Champ

Idk something tells me it wouldn't amount to much...two hits at most, The first hit being at a person and the second being said person hitting the ground.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

lol True. That's the first lesson Oxy taught my brother, "Hit them while they're down."

message 31: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Heh. As long as Richard isn't rude, the interview would go very smoothly. No punches thrown.

Though I'd appreciate it if you guys would all treat me with a little more respect...except for maybe Joy and Nate. I understand their problem with me.

message 32: by Nate (new)

Nate That's fighting dirty, I don't hit when their down. In fact once I helped the kid up only to deck him again...I was always taught not to hit when their down, but I wasn't done with him.

message 33: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Oh, and you, Ira, can be added to that list. I was just thinking of DA members.

message 34: by Joy (new)

Joy  | 476 comments Ira and Richard

Smh I meant FUN!! I should never get online when I'm really sleepy.

message 35: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Atkinson (djinn) | 348 comments Ira is right T. You can't demand respect from someone when you show them so little.

message 36: by Joy (new)

Joy  | 476 comments Taylor [formerly Timothy] wrote: "Heh. As long as Richard isn't rude, the interview would go very smoothly. No punches thrown.

Though I'd appreciate it if you guys would all treat me with a little more respect...except for maybe J..."

You do? I didn't think you were capable of understanding anyone but yourself.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

@T-Boner
I agree with Boss. You must give to get respect. Which is why I neither respect nor disrespect you.

message 38: by Taylor (new)

Taylor @Djinn
Would you like me to get technical with you? I treat you with a fair amount of respect and you still treat me like the turd on your heel.

@Joy
I can be understanding at times, believe it or not.

@Everyone
You may not realize it, but you all make pretty caustic remarks. Just...think about it. DA is full of people tearing each other apart.

message 39: by Joy (new)

Joy  | 476 comments Can you guys stop calling him T-Boner?!!!! It sounds so WRONG!!! Lol

message 40: by Joy (new)

Joy  | 476 comments Ira wrote: "Joy wrote: "Ira and Richard

Smh I meant FUN!! I should never get online when I'm really sleepy."

Lol! You didn't even reply back to my answer... Did you even look at it? Lol"

Umm..nope. :D

message 41: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Atkinson (djinn) | 348 comments Taylor [formerly Timothy] wrote: "@Djinn
Would you like me to get technical with you? I treat you with a fair amount of respect and you still treat me like the turd on your heel."

More like that of a misbehaving child or that of a rambunctious nephew. Most of my posts are meant humorously. If you can not handle that and would rather have me treat you like a turd on my heel. That can be arranged.
:)

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

@Joy
lol no way! I like his new nickname!

message 43: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Right, but there is such thing as disrespectful humor. Which seems to be the majority of the posts directed at me.

But you can't deny that I try to respect you, right?

message 44: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Atkinson (djinn) | 348 comments Taylor [formerly Timothy] wrote: "Right, but there is such thing as disrespectful humor. Which seems to be the majority of the posts directed at me.

But you can't deny that I try to respect you, right?"

You have had your share of disrespectful jokes at others expense too. The rape jokes, a few jokes in DA about Pagan like rituals and things. (those were not directed toward me but I did find it ... disrespectful)

You respect me to a point and vise verse. Are we super duper friendly? No. But Neither of us go out of our way to insult the other.

message 45: by Taylor (new)

Taylor I apologize for the Pagan jokes. I wasn't making fun of the religion so much as the stereotype the religion has. Does that make sense?

For the record, I regard you very highly in DA. Probably up there with Kyle.

message 46: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

"DA is full of people tearing each other apart. "

I would love for you to point that out to me.

message 47: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Atkinson (djinn) | 348 comments Yes it does. It's like someone joking about how your mothers are doing. Not mocking the religion but joking at the stereotype.

message 48: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Yeah. And I personally don't take offense at polygamy jokes. I even tell a few myself.

message 49: by Theodore, Mind of Sanity (new)

I don't put Kyle very high in DA... only cause he rarely debates.

message 50: by Taylor (new)

Taylor He does diffuse a lot of the tension, though. Gotta have a mediator somewhere...you'd expect the mods to do it, but....

Also, yes, I will point out every time tension builds in DA, whether it involves me or not.

« previous 1 3