What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Randall's Wall
This topic is about Randall's Wall
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Boy Draws Deer with a Heart [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katie Loftin | 9 comments I only have very vague recollections of the book I'm trying to find. The main character was a really poor boy who drew a picture of a deer with a heart. Someone bought him a hamburger and then let him take a bath at her house. He left a dirty bathtub ring. I know it sounds super random and I can't remember much, but I'm hoping someone will know what I'm talking about. Any ideas?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Was this adult, YA, middle grade, what?

Katie Loftin | 9 comments I read it in elementary, so it is probably a younger to middle grade book.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Was this set in modern, western (i.e. 1800's) or medieval times? Was it a picture book or a chapter book? Was there anything else to the story. And, finally--when were you in grade school?

Katie Loftin | 9 comments It was a chapter book set in modern times. I can't remember anything else about the story. I was in grade school during the early to mid 90s.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Katie, are you still looking for this?

Katie Loftin | 9 comments I wouldn't say I'm actively looking, but I'm definitely still interested in figuring out what it's called if someone knows.

message 8: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments I skimmed Randall's Wall Randall's Wall by Carol Fenner on Openlibrary. There is a scene where the friend, Jean, let's Randall take a bath in his parents' pristine tub. Randall leaves the tub filthy.

There is also a hamburger scene and a mention of Randall drawing a deer.

You can skim the ebook at Open Library
https://openlibrary.org/books/OL24372...

Katie Loftin | 9 comments That certainly sounds like it's it! Thank you so much!

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Katie, can we mark this as solved?

Katie Loftin | 9 comments Yes

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

FYI here's the other thread where this book was requested:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...