What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. a story about a kid who knew some destruction was going to come soon to a city... I remember long streets that were steep, resembling San Francisco...an earthquake and or a major flood

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lusiné (new)

Lusiné Harutyunyan | 5 comments Hi all,
The book that i'm looking for I believe had black and white pages, but the cover was possibly red. And inside it was a story about a kid who knew some destruction was going to come soon to a city, I say city because I remember long streets that were steep, resembling San Francisco...an earthquake and or a major flood. Unfortunately, I can't pierce into my mind and remember any more descriptions other than what I just wrote. I did read this book in 4th grade and below.

Thank you!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
how long ago was 4th grade? And do you think it was new or old then?

message 3: by Lusiné (new)

Lusiné Harutyunyan | 5 comments 4th grad was in late 1990s. i think it was old, maybe 60s or 70s

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Lusine, are you still looking for this book?

message 5: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2338 comments Was this a chapter book?
Any of these earthquake books? (Earthquakes -- children's/young adult fiction)

What country do you feel it was set in?
Your description reminds me of Shatterbelt and Aftershock! : the sequel to Shatterbelt by Colin Thiele, the latter of which does include both of what you described. Earthquake town by Beverley Dunlop, set in New Zealand, has earthquake and tidal wave. There's a lot more earthquake books to check out though ( Search results for 'kw:earthquake' > '1960..1990' > 'Book' > 'Fiction' > 'English' > 'Juvenile' ).

message 6: by Lusiné (new)

Lusiné Harutyunyan | 5 comments bookel wrote: "Was this a chapter book?
Any of these earthquake books? (Earthquakes -- children's/young adult fiction)

What country do you feel it was set in?
Your description reminds me of Shatterbelt and After..."

thank you so much for your suggestions! I am currently waiting for my boyfriend to let me know if any of them are familiar. I will keep you posted. Thank you again!

message 7: by Lusiné (new)

Lusiné Harutyunyan | 5 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Lusine, are you still looking for this book?"

I'm really sorry about the late reply, I had lost hope for finding an answer. I still do need help, if the suggestions from Bookel aren't a match.

Thank you very much for your help!

message 8: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2338 comments Earthquake town by Beverley Dunlop to me seems most likely, but see what he says!

message 9: by Lusiné (new)

Lusiné Harutyunyan | 5 comments bookel wrote: "Earthquake town by Beverley Dunlop to me seems most likely, but see what he says!"

thanks! yeah i'll share this one with him too. :)

message 10: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2425 comments Did the disaster happen at the beginning of the book or near the end?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lusine, I added some of your details to your header - people are more likely to click on it the more details it contains.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) Lusiné, did you get a chance to check with your boyfriend? Are you still looking for this book?

(she was last active on GR in March)

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response. Moving to Abandoned.