Challenge Yourself discussion

Challenge Discussion > So how's the year working out for you?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 303 (303 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Almeta (last edited Dec 23, 2012 07:27AM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 343 comments Mod
General Discussion

How you are advancing on your actual Challenge goals.

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (indiereadergirl) | 12 comments not sure if this is the right place to ask, but why aren't my books being counted? I have read 7. I tried to re-add the shelf and still nothing.

message 3: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) I might need to up some of my goals. I didn't realise so many of my books are from GR's authorised authors!!

message 4: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) Hannah wrote: "not sure if this is the right place to ask, but why aren't my books being counted? I have read 7. I tried to re-add the shelf and still nothing."

Have you the dates added when you read them plus the exact shelf?

message 5: by Stefania (new)

Stefania (stefychi) I've completed my shortcut challenge!

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Wow Stefania! Congratulations. Now, I just have to ask, do you have another to keep you motivated the rest of the year?

message 7: by Stefania (new)

Stefania (stefychi) Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "Wow Stefania! Congratulations. Now, I just have to ask, do you have another to keep you motivated the rest of the year?"

I've several challenges going on :)

message 8: by Almeta (last edited Feb 09, 2013 04:15AM) (new)

Hannah wrote: "not sure if this is the right place to ask, but why aren't my books being counted? I have read 7. I tried to re-add the shelf and still nothing."

Looks as though you found out how to get your books to be counted on the challenges.

I see 7 for eDingus and zero for Home Alone.

Unfortunately, the challenge programming has a very annoying bug that often will not display the proper count until a update is forced.

Some people have found that all it takes to "force an update" is to enter the personal challenge and then exit. Others find that the information needs to be retyped. And although, error messages arrive soon after, the update is actually accomplished!

Frustrating I know but not likely to be corrected any time soon. The programmers have seemed to have "thrown their hands up in the air" on this one.

message 9: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) Seems like I'm winning in some of my challenges but not in others. I really wanted to get some series reading done this year but I keep reading stand alones -.-

message 10: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Ack! I'm only 16% on Home Alone!
Thanks for the poke - I knew I was behind but not by that much!

message 11: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) I'm doing surprisingly well in that one! Nearly all the books I've read this year have been old ones!

message 12: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Oh that's terrific!

message 13: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (kiableem) | 6 comments Is there an easy way to see what challenges I signed up for? I can remember 2 but not sure if there were more.

message 14: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) I generally always go through the post with all the links and open them all in tabs. -.-

message 15: by Darkpool (new)

Darkpool | 53 comments Just checking in at 3/4 of the way through the year... and I'm behind on every single one. Irrefixably so on quite a few. What was I thinking? lol.

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) You're not alone! I stink at sitting down with a good book this year. I read a few difficult non-fiction, which didn't help, but mostly I'm just not using my time wisely. Otoh, the fat lady hasn't sung yet...

message 17: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) I really smashed some of mine and others just... no..

message 18: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) heh

message 19: by Elizabeth S (new)

Elizabeth S (esorenson) | 97 comments I'm with Elle. Really smashed some of my challenges, and others are limping along. Overall, I'm reading many more books than I thought I would this year. And yet my to-read shelf is even longer...

message 20: by Darkpool (new)

Darkpool | 53 comments woot!! Just looked through my 2013 Read list, and found some books that I'd missed for a couple of my challenges... and tah-dah!!! I'm now ahead on Serial-eyes!!! *happy dance*

message 21: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Yay!

message 22: by Almeta (new)

Time to update your score cards!

I will try to do a recap mid-January. That should give everyone time to be sure all of the books have been counted on the challenge shelves. (I always find that I forgot to mark some books to certain shelves.)

Be sure the date read is entered as well.

message 23: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) I have a couple more to review, but it won't make a difference. I'm so annoyed at myself for not managing my time & resources better - I got only 1/3 done with the only challenge I cared about.

Ah well - try again next year!

message 24: by Almeta (new)

Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "I have a couple more to review, but it won't make a difference. I'm so annoyed at myself for not managing my time & resources better - I got only 1/3 done with the only challenge I cared about.

Ah well - try again next year! ..."

I feel your pain!☻

message 25: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 64 comments Almeta wrote: "I feel your pain!☻ ."

Me too! That's how I'm doing the left over stew challenge this year.

message 26: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) tx folks! Best to all of us!

message 27: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) I managed to really bash the challenges I didn't care about and left the challenges I did to the side. I'm with you on wanting to manage my time better.

message 28: by Almeta (new)

Soooo our biggest challenge appears to be discipline and concentration!☻☺☻

message 29: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Yup!

message 30: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) I am having a really bad cold, and about all I can do is read, so my Home Alone challenge is coming along nicely - 25 out of 100 books already. So, I'm both miserable and happy!

message 31: by Almeta (new)

Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "I am having a really bad cold, and about all I can do is read, so my Home Alone challenge is coming along nicely - 25 out of 100 books already. So, I'm both miserable and happy!"

Every cloud has a silver lining! lol☺

message 32: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) My sickness unfortunately left me totally bed ridden for a week and now so miserably tired from choking to death all night my eyes hurt - 2014 is a giant fail so far reading-wise!

message 33: by Almeta (new)

Elle wrote: "My sickness unfortunately left me totally bed ridden for a week and now so miserably tired from choking to death all night my eyes hurt - 2014 is a giant fail so far reading-wise!"

That does not sound pleasant. Not a good thing for the beginning of the year. Were you too miserable to read as well?

message 34: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 64 comments I hope you're feeling better, Elle.

message 35: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) Almeta wrote: "Elle wrote: "My sickness unfortunately left me totally bed ridden for a week and now so miserably tired from choking to death all night my eyes hurt - 2014 is a giant fail so far reading-wise!"

Th..."

Yes! I could barely lift my head - I finally find free time and then get sick like 2 days later - just my luck!

Thanks Janice!

message 36: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Oh Elle, so sorry to hear that! I hope you get completely well and stay that way, asap.

message 37: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) I'm getting serious about my challenge, and it's working. I upped my "home alone" from 100 to 200 books and am still on track!

I hope you all are doing well. :)

message 38: by Almeta (new)

Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "I'm getting serious about my challenge, and it's working. I upped my "home alone" from 100 to 200 books and am still on track!

I hope you all are doing well. :)"

I'm letting a yearly challenge interfere with my original plans. Reading all of those ignored Doorstops was supposed to be a priority and even the yearly challenge is about that, but with a twist that has me combining smaller books to make connections among the others.

Need to re-focus. Gee, I think I've said that before!☺☻☺

message 39: by Darkpool (new)

Darkpool | 53 comments To my great satisfaction I appear to be pretty much on track - no more than one book behind on any challenge, and on some I'm actually ahead!!!

message 40: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 64 comments I finished my audiobook & library card goals. I kept them purposely low because I'm tired of not making my goals. I haven't even managed to read one of the 5 books on my published in 2014 goal. I think I'm behind on my left-over stew challenge.

message 41: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Sounds like we're all doing some reading anyway! Good luck all! :)

message 42: by Elizabeth S (new)

Elizabeth S (esorenson) | 97 comments I am way ahead on some goals, and sadly behind on others. I tell myself that over the summer I'll get going on those goals where I'm behind, but we'll have to see.

Either way, it is a lot of happy reading!

message 43: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) I've read one book this year. That tells you exactly how busy University has been. *cannot wait until 27th of May - SUMMMMMMMMMMMMMER*

message 44: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Aw, Elle, can't you count your school books?

message 45: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) Unfortunately this semester the two classes I'm taking have all articles from journals to read not books :(

message 46: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Almost summer, Elle! How's everyone doing?

I'm actually a few books ahead of schedule, which is good because within the next couple of weeks I have to read some that won't qualify for my challenge.

message 47: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) Exam tomorrow and Tuesday then I'm done - PARTY!

I'll hopefully catch up in the Summer. I'm half way through a book I started on the plane at *Easter* so I'll finish that first, ha.

message 48: by Elizabeth S (new)

Elizabeth S (esorenson) | 97 comments I always wonder if I'll get to read more or less when it is summer and the kids are home ALL DAY. Actually, sometimes they aren't home, but that means I've had to DRIVE them somewhere. Some summers go one way and some go the other way.

message 49: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) Haha! I never thought like that! I hope you get some time to read though!

message 50: by Almeta (new)

Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "... How's everyone doing?..."

I think I'm catching up on some challenges, but others a failing miserably. About time for a mid-year assessment?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7