YA Writers and Readers discussion

Book talks > What kind of books do you like to read in the winter/holidays time?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Inês (last edited Dec 22, 2012 04:51PM) (new)

Inês (snowhitereads) Do you like to read some kind of story/genre in particular during the winter/holidays season?

I know i lean more towards heart-warming love stories during the season while drinking a cup of hot tea/hot chocolate or snuggled in bed.

message 2: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Mae | 15 comments I actually love to read sad stories during the winter/holiday season where I can make a good cry is. Maybe because the holiday season is just so happy and fun that a cry would be a welcome surprise.

message 3: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 1315 comments Mod
This month I've read Seraphina (Seraphina, #1) by Rachel Hartman Walking in the Shadows by Cassandra Giovanni Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand An Abundance of Katherines by John Green The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Enchanted (Woodcutter Series, #1) by Alethea Kontis One Moment by Kristina McBride Breathe (Breathe, #1) by Sarah Crossan Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Ruby Red (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier and I'm currently reading The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa and Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. I don't know exactly what I like to read during the winter and holidays but it seems pretty normal. I'm- of course- snuggled by the fire, and my dog laying either next to the fire or on the couch with me :)

message 4: by Ju (new)

Ju (graveyardbook) Usually something that gives me a whole new perspective of life or if I'm travelling or want to travel, I read something where the characters have a huge journey both inside themselves and in the real world like The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien or One Day by David Nicholls

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 1340 comments Mod
I'm not sure I have books I'd rather read at different times a year. I can say that I get a lot of reading down during snow storms up here in the Northeast, but don't really change what I'm reading.