Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Promotions > What I'm Reading This Week!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Williams | 128 comments I’m thinking about going into self-publishing. That’s my New Year’s Resolution. Plus coming to my Goodreads forum more. LOL.

So I am reading different books on self-publishing and I picked this one up. It’s the simplest I’ve read so far, but it’s really informative. I’m also going to start doing “What I’m Reading This Week”. Yes, I have a huge TBR pile. So here is the start. Even though this isn’t erotica, but just for those that might want to self publish.

This is what I’m reading this week:

The Business of Self-Publication
by Jasmine Hildagrath
The Business of Self Publication by Jasmine Hildagrath

BUY LINK: http://www.amazon.com/The-Business-Se...

Have you thought about entering the world of self-publishing? Have you even gone so far as to talk to others about it or get a few books on the subject? Only to come away more confused and disillusioned than ever. So have I. But then I decided to do further research and write a book about my experiences to help others that may have been down that road too.

This is a book that takes a step by step look for the novice on the business that is self-publishing. Because it is a business and like any other it has pit falls. This book using plain language for a reader instead of a computer techno wizard helps you avoid those pit falls and guides you from the first time you put pen to paper or finger to key board, through uploading the work for publication and even afterward to tips for promoting the work. All in a manner designed to aid the writer not confound them.

message 2: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6570 comments Mod
Hi Stephanie, I've moved your thread to the Promotions folder, because you are promoting a book.

message 3: by John (new)

John Needham (wordsfromjohn) | 8 comments Good luck Stephanie. I'm at the beginning of that very long road too. It requires a lot of hanging in there. Personally, I've lowered my expectations and settled for offering my masterpiece to friends on here. But you go for it!

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Williams | 128 comments Thanks John. And NEVER lower your expectations. I'm sure you'll sell whatever you write. Just started reading this book and she mentions that very thing. Very inspirational for a how to book. LOL
So let me know when you're published. :)

message 5: by John (new)

John Needham (wordsfromjohn) | 8 comments I already am Stephanie; as of 1 Nov on Amazon kindle (details on my author page). Actually quite a few have downloaded from free promos I've run; just not many actual paid-fors!

message 6: by John (new)

John Needham (wordsfromjohn) | 8 comments Further to message 5: Sorry Stephanie; I just checked your profile to find you're already an author! And here's me presuming to give you advice!

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Williams | 128 comments I'm an author through epublishers. Been doing that since 2005/2006, I think. LOL. This will be my first time going out on my own though.

Scary. :)