The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1) The Lost Prince question

What was freeking wrong with this novel?!!
Caitlyn Caitlyn (last edited Dec 23, 2012 12:08PM ) Dec 20, 2012 08:00PM
Is it just me or did this book kind of umm... suck? Like in a terribly, not very Julie Kagawa way? I mean the ONLY things I liked in this book were characters from the other series... other than that it was just "meh"….. Anyone see any hope for this series? because I'm just in a disappointed disillusioned gloomy despair thing...
Ok,the book was readable... but I just expected more.. the characters were very underdeveloped especially the character I would most like to know! Kieran!! If he wasn't Ash and Megans son I would be happy to see him go, I felt like the character of Kenzie was unfitting for the storyline and as an afterthought...oh I have **spoiler** cancer.. I mean really? run out of idea's Julie?

I loved it! I thought it was well done for a branch off series! Usually series that are from other series really do suck but this one I loved! I thought her timing was good, the writing style is amazing, and I loved how she put in all the other characters from the old series in her new one! Oh yes, I think I died and went to heaven! :D

noooooooo!!!!!!!
i love it!!!
can't wait to get my hands on the next book!!
but the title the traitor son?i thought the first on she picked theiron traitor was good the title kind of lost its edge

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) (last edited Mar 20, 2013 06:34PM ) Feb 12, 2013 09:40PM   0 votes
The only thing I hated was that Kierran and his girlfriend were repeating Meghan's and Ash's love story.

Oh and by the way you misspelled freaking.

I personally expected a lot more out of this series. All of Kagawa's books before this have been amazing. But this book series kind of dissapointed me...

The only thing I hated was that Kierran and his girlfriend were repeting Meghan's and Ash's love story.

Caitlyn wrote: "Is it just me or did this book kind of umm... suck? Like in a terribly, not very Julie Kagawa way? I mean the ONLY things I liked in this book were characters from the other series... other than th..."

HAHAHAHA love what you wrote and I totally agree!

Gelena (last edited Mar 27, 2013 08:23AM ) Jan 20, 2013 01:16PM   0 votes
The book did suck...majorly. I couldn't believe this was Kagawa. The book felt rushed and half-hearted. I don't know, personally, I think Kagawa just wanted to get the book overwith. The book isn't as passointe as the others- which was a big downer. She didn't bother to develop characters. The only interesting thing was the Forgotten Queen and her kingdom. Because I wanted to read and learn more about the Forgotten, was the only reason why I didn't throw the book away-why it's still in my bookself. Yes, this book sucked and I hope Kagwag gets it together by the next book.

I wanted so badly to love this book as much as I loved the original series. But I just couldn't. I was totally willing to throw minor things aside and still love it...but it wasn't just minor things I didn't like. The only parts where I laughed where either because of Grim, or because of the characters from the original series. My favourite part of the book was when Puck, Meghan and Ash were in it most. And that's not what I wanted to happen. I wanted to love Ethan and the other new characters...but I just couldn't. I'll probably still buy the next one, but I wont build my hopes up for it. I know Julie can do better. The Iron King series is proof of that.

I agree.It good but it totally SUCKs.

I agree. The whole story felt almost like a "fan fiction" story. Hopefully, the books will get better though. On a side note, does anyone know how to pronounce Keirran? I am so bad with pronouncing names from books.

Makena Keirran: Key-air-ran? No emphasis on the middle syllable. I think that is how it is pronounced.
May 24, 2013 09:25PM · flag

Abbie (last edited Mar 13, 2013 08:44PM ) Mar 13, 2013 08:44PM   0 votes
Caitlyn wrote: "Is it just me or did this book kind of umm... suck? Like in a terribly, not very Julie Kagawa way? I mean the ONLY things I liked in this book were characters from the other series... other than th..."

I think so too. I only got excited when Puck appeared. It's so not Julie Kagawa. I hate saying this but it's worse than the Twilight series. :| Maybe I was kind of expecting too much but then it's a Julie Kagawa novel. I hope the next one would be a lot better. :)))

Am I the only one that actually came out of this book hating the original characters [Meg, Ash, Puck was great as usual though]? I actually hated how selfish and cold Meg was about everything. And Ash had the Gall to get pissed at Ethan when he called her on it?! Ugh, that pissed me off so much. I really wanted Ethan to lay into her some more. Or at least get her side of the story.

And no The Iron Prophecy did NOT give a good enough reason for the way they were acting. IMHO.

Don't even get me started on the douche Kieran. Seriously he was fine though most of the book and all of a sudden he turns crazy and just stands watching Ethan get beaten to death, only stepping in at the last moment, and there is NO EXPLANATION TO WHY. His character just flipped. One minute he's all about Anwyln and the next he's complete forgotten her and everyone else.

It wasn't bad just weird.

I LOVED IT!! Just a little too repeat off Ash/ Meghan.. another type of fey? Again?!
But rest assured, I'll be in the line on opening day for the Iron Traitor:)

something else that's wrong with the book; how does Ethan get sight? Kenzie went into Nevernever but she didn't get sight

I kind of agree with all of you that says it sucks and those that said it was a good read. I really loved Ethan's character and his girlfriend's (forgot her name, Kenzie?) and abolutly loved that Ash, Puck, Meghan, and Grim was in there it was over all a very good book. The only part that made me want to scream and die is that it was forshadowed that Keirran would go traitor...really????

I'm a little confused on the timing. I haven't read the book yet but I was wondering how the time in Nevernever vs reality works? If time runs slower in Nevernever, wouldn't kierran be a baby or toddler if Ethan is grown? Like I said, haven't read it yet, but I was just wondering.

Yes I was disappointed in this book as well. The plot the characters were off. The only reason I read the book was because it was a part of the series. I don't think first person worked for this book. I wanted to know what the other characters were thinking and feeling.

it was rushed and they had an adventure but not much was said for them you know? i still loved it and will keep reading

Not enough Ash?

I liked the book...But something was just...Off...

Kit (last edited Jan 20, 2013 01:20PM ) Dec 21, 2012 02:09AM   0 votes
I hated Kenzie so much. She was so Mary sue and it was really annoying. I can't believe Kagawa wrote this.

you spelt FREAKING wrong.

Anna 335 hahahah sorry I can be a big grammar nazi at times! LOL
May 16, 2013 11:34PM