The Last Thing I Remember (The Homelanders, #1) The Last Thing I Remember discussion

"The Last Thing I Remember" movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 506 (506 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Daniel A lot of people seem not to like the guy on the cover. But what actors would be best as Charlie West???

MizziQ I honestly don't much care about the actor. I want him to potray the character well but I don't dislike the cover guy. If that's what the author wanted....cool. I hope that the actor isn't chosen (as much XD) for looks but a little bit more for being able to make the character come to life....or near death. :)

message 3: by Daniel (last edited Dec 22, 2012 07:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daniel I totally agree. But what do you envision to look like him to be though? Any thoughts on an actor who could portray him well?

MizziQ I really don't know many guy actors that could play someone this young. All of the ones I know I met when they played someone young but now they're grown. :( What about you?

Daniel Hmm. That's a hard question...to tell you the truth I can't think of any. Maybe not for Charlie but what about Mike maybe...Gerard Bulter? But he might not be the best.

Someone save us from our ignorance! Tell us what you think.

Mojoboy31 Steven R. Mcqueen (THE Steve Mcqueen's grandson!). He acts on some CW show about Vampires, yeah, yeah, I know, just hear me out. He looks the part, and I might actually believe that he could beat someone senseless, and he does have an on-screen presence about him...
The other "young actors" out there are just... Too pretty...

Sensie Mike?... It has to be someone with an epic mustache.

Waylon needs to be played by Adoni Maropis. Anyone who saw him on 24 as Abu Fayed knows what I'm talking about.

Beth needs to be played by Dianna Agron from the movie I Am Number Four.

The teacher needs to be a "Matt Damon" type. Obviously not Matt Damon, but someone with that general appearance.

Daniel Hmmm...he could pull it off. I agree most actors I think of are WAY to pretty or baby faced.

I AGREE about Beth. Dianna Agron did a beautiful job on Number Four and she could pull Beth off perfectly.

Waylon...well I always envisioned Waylon being a LOT younger than Adoni Maropis. I keep thinking of a young, sandy blond, scruffy muscular guy...you know what I mean? I can't think of an actor because the one I thought was sort of similar is dead.

Matt Damon would pull the teacher off as well...But what about Matt Damon being Sensie Mike???

Mojoboy31 @Daniel... Wasn't Waylon Prince's right hand man? Wasn't he the middle eastern adult who kept an eye on "The Homelanders" for Prince?

*SPOILERS FOR TRUTH OF THE MATTER*.....................

Waylon's the guy who Rose killed at the end of Book three, right?.........

*END SPOILERS*.......................................

I don't remember the name of the other Homelander from book one. The one Waylon referred to right at the beginning-- the who Charlie had to fight at the end of book one.

Matt Damon grew a mustache for True Grit, but he didn't look right.
Now that I've had time to think about it, I think Robert Downey JR would be the best Sensei Mike. Or Bruce Campbell

MizziQ Mojoboy31 wrote: "@Daniel... Wasn't Waylon Prince's right hand man? Wasn't he the middle eastern adult who kept an eye on "The Homelanders" for Prince?

Waylo..."

I really love the idea of Robert Down JR as Sensei Mike...might not do it...but awesome thought! :) Lol

Mojoboy31 Anybody else think Laurence Fishburne would be an awesome Det. Rose?

Daniel Mojoboy31 wrote: "Anybody else think Laurence Fishburne would be an awesome Det. Rose?"

He could portray him well I think...what about Will Smith???

Daniel MizziQ wrote: "Mojoboy31 wrote: "@Daniel... Wasn't Waylon Prince's right hand man? Wasn't he the middle eastern adult who kept an eye on "The Homelanders" for Prince?

*SPOILERS FOR TRUTH OF THE MATTER*............."

Ha! Robert Downy JR. as Mike...I have a hard time seeing that.

Daniel Mojoboy31 wrote: "@Daniel... Wasn't Waylon Prince's right hand man? Wasn't he the middle eastern adult who kept an eye on "The Homelanders" for Prince?

Waylo..."

But maybe if they just ditched the mustache with Matt Damon I think he could portray it well though.

Daniel Mojoboy31 wrote: "@Daniel... Wasn't Waylon Prince's right hand man? Wasn't he the middle eastern adult who kept an eye on "The Homelanders" for Prince?

Waylo..."

I thought Waylon is was the main villain that gets killed in the end of the first book but I realize that it's Howard Orton. I envision him as a blond muscular guy...sorry, got mixed up. LOL!

Mojoboy31 @Daniel... Will Smith's not... Gruff enough. Know what I mean?... But the mustache is such a trademark of Sensei Mike. I'm sure Damon could do it, but I doubt he'd want to...

Orton! I couldn't remember his name, lol.

I don't know who could play Orton... Chris Zylka from Secret Circle is the only young blonde guy who comes to mind.

Mojoboy31 Edward Norton would also be really good as the history teacher.

Daniel Mojoboy31 wrote: "Edward Norton would also be really good as the history teacher."

Yeah, I can see what you mean about Will Smith.

Yeah, he just seem a little too...baby faced. You know what I mean???

Edward Norton would probably the best for the teacher, he could portray that really well.

Mojoboy31 @Daniel... Yep, Will Smith is very baby faced. Kinda hard to take him seriously.

What about Kevin Sorbo for Sensei Mike?

Daniel Too, well skinny. He's an great actor but no.

Mojoboy31 Kevin Sorbo too skinny? What? lol. He's in awesome shape. He was Hercules! nuff said, lol...

Daniel Maybe its just the movie I saw him in. LOL!

Maybe Henry Cavil as Mike??? Young but has the facial hair???

Mojoboy31 Henry Cavil seems kinda young, but now that you've mentioned him, Sam Worthington comes to mind.

Daniel Good idea! He could really pull off Mike. I agree Sam Worthington should play the part unless something else comes to mind.

Mojoboy31 Robert Downey JR is still at the top of my list, but Sam Worthington's a close second.

Daniel I'm still at a loss about Charlie still...

Mojoboy31 Me too. I just can't buy any of the young actors in Hollywood as tough enough. The few that I can think of, are too old, and I wouldn't want to see a thirty year old, pretending to be a teenager, lol

Daniel Yeah! But its been done before an they have done a pretty good job. But your right, the relatable-ness factor would go way down hill. LOL!

Mojoboy31 loo, okay, so how bout a "young" Christian Bale or Sam Worthington type.

Olivia For Sherman: James Patrick Stuart
For Detective Rose: Sean Nelson
For Charlie: Sam Claflin
For Beth: ???
For Sensi Mike: Johnny Depp

Mojoboy31 @Olivia

James Patrick Stuart fits the bill for Sherman. I've only seen him on "I'm In The Band" though.

Sean Nelson looks too young, I think.

Sam Claflin's too old, I think.

And finally, Johnny Depp? Really?... lol

Olivia @mojoboy31

james patrick stuart is also in the show supernatural

Olivia i also think robert downey jr would work for mike, too

Daniel Mojoboy31 wrote: "@Olivia

James Patrick Stuart fits the bill for Sherman. I've only seen him on "I'm In The Band" though.

Sean Nelson looks too young, I think.

Sam Claflin's too old, I think.

And finally, Johnny..."

Hey I think those actors can handle it but I almost like the idea of Mike being Johnny Depp. Downey is too...well, him. Johnny Depp has proven over and over again that he can change in acting to whatever film he's in. I mean I have a hard time seeing him in it just because of his looks but his acting skill would fit the bill.

Daniel Olivia wrote: "For Sherman: James Patrick Stuart
For Sensi Mike: Johnny Depp"

I think Beth should be played by Dianna Agron for I AM NUMBER FOUR. She could really pull it off.

Daniel Olivia wrote: "For Sherman: James Patrick Stuart
For Sensi Mike: Johnny Depp"

James Patrick Stewart is perfect I think for the part.

Mojoboy31 @Olivia

Supernatural.
That's one of those shows that I've always meant to check out, but still haven't gotten around to it.

@Daniel

Definitely should be Dianna Agron for Beth.

Olivia @mojoboy31

he's only in the 7th season

message 38: by Daniel (last edited Jan 04, 2013 04:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daniel Olivia wrote: "@mojoboy31

he's only in the 7th season"

Never seen that show.

How about Edward Norton as Waterman? Its kind of a long shot but what do you guys think???

message 39: by Daniel (last edited Jan 04, 2013 04:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daniel Question: What is your Favorite Actor or Actress? Would they fit any roles in The Homelanders or not???

Daniel MizziQ wrote: "Mojoboy31 wrote: "@Daniel... Wasn't Waylon Prince's right hand man? Wasn't he the middle eastern adult who kept an eye on "The Homelanders" for Prince?

*SPOILERS FOR TRUTH OF THE MATTER*............."

LOL! I think that Downey is a wonderful actor but would he have the skills to cover a serious NON corky character...?

Olivia @Daniel i dont think Edward Norton would work, i pictured a big tough buisness dude

what about Leonardo DiCaprio for warner

Mojoboy31 @Daniel

Wasn't Waterman kind of older?

I was thinking Bruce Willis should play Waterman.

@Olivia

Which one is Warner again?

Daniel Olivia wrote: "@Daniel i dont think Edward Norton would work, i pictured a big tough buisness dude

what about Leonardo DiCaprio for warner"

Yeah, I'm drawing a blank too. Who's Warner in the Homelanders again???

Daniel Mojoboy31 wrote: "@Daniel

Wasn't Waterman kind of older?

I was thinking Bruce Willis should play Waterman.

Bruce Willis would be PERFECT! I hadn't thought about it but that would really work.

Olivia @ daniel warner is the prices right hand man

Olivia @mojoboy31

bruce willis is perfect for the part, exactally how i pictured him

Olivia who should be the director???

Mojoboy31 It will never happen, but my top pick would be Christopher Nolan (Dark Knight, and Inception). I like Michael Bay, but again; would never happen. I think DJ Caruso (Disturbia, and I Am Number Four) would be great. Jon Favreau (Iron Man, and Cowboys and Aliens) might be good. Joss Whedon (Serenity, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Avengers) would be good, but will never happen.

Daniel Olivia wrote: "who should be the director???"

Haven't thought about that...maybe Paul Greengrass from the Bourne movies?

Mojoboy31 @Daniel

Ugh! Please no!

His camera style nearly ruined those movies. And he's too anti-American. He would kill every pro-American ideal from the story, and probably the Christian ones too.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11