Historical Fictionistas discussion

Ancient History (Old Threads) > Lucinda's 2013 Reading List

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucinda (last edited Mar 14, 2014 01:09PM) (new)

Lucinda | 19 comments These are a mix of the ones I own and have yet to read and the ones I want to buy/borrow and get read.

My TBR list:
Madame Tussaud A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran Ivy by Julie Hearn The Luxe (Luxe, #1) by Anna Godbersen Women & Children First by Gill Paul The Secret Countess by Eva Ibbotson Emerald by Karen Wallace Sovay by Celia Rees The Ruby In The Smoke by Philip Pullman Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) by Michelle Zink The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, #1) by Jean M. Auel The Pirate's Daughter by Margaret Cezair-Thompson Letters from Home by Kristina McMorris Across the Nightingale Floor (Tales of the Otori, Book One) by Lian Hearn

Books I need to buy/get from the library:
The Queen's Lady (The Lacey Chronicles, #2) by Eve Edwards The Rogue's Princess (The Lacey Chronicles, #3) by Eve Edwards Shakespeare's Mistress  by Karen Harper The White Queen (The Cousins' War, #1) by Philippa Gregory The Last Summer by Judith Kinghorn The Lady in the Tower by Marie-Louise Jensen The Girl in the Mask by Marie-Louise Jensen Daughter of Fire and Ice by Marie-Louise Jensen Sigrun's Secret by Marie-Louise Jensen Smuggler's Kiss by Marie-Louise Jensen The Musician's Daughter by Susanne Dunlap In the Shadow of the Lamp by Susanne Dunlap The Académie by Susanne Dunlap Liszt's Kiss by Susanne Dunlap Émilie's Voice by Susanne Dunlap A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson Magic Flutes by Eva Ibbotson The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson A Song for Summer by Eva Ibbotson The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant Velvet by Mary Hooper The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Pink Carnation, #1) by Lauren Willig Ravenscliffe by Jane Sanderson Sheltering Rain by Jojo Moyes Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Nobody's Princess (Nobody's Princess, #1) by Esther M. Friesner Enemies Of The Heart by Rebecca Dean Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers The Merrybegot by Julie Hearn Nefertiti by Michelle Moran Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran The Darling Strumpet by Gillian Bagwell To Catch a Pirate by Jade Parker In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant

message 2: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda | 19 comments Update - I have read Vixen by Jillian Larkin and found it to be a fun little read set in the 1920s. I've also read The White Queen by Philippa Gregory which was also a good read.

Today I borrowed Nefertiti by Michelle Moran from the library and hope to get to it soon. It looks like an interesting period and setting to read about.

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Chatlien | 655 comments How did you do?

message 4: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda | 19 comments I only managed 3 on my list and 2 other historical fiction books. I will have to try and do better next year :)

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Chatlien | 655 comments :)