Bookmarks Subscribers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive Q&A > I'll Get to It Next Year

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sera (new)

Sera | 1325 comments Which books are you planning to read next year? Post them in this thread.

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckymurr) The first book on my list & already purchased is, The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis

message 3: by Sera (new)

Sera | 1325 comments Becky wrote: "The first book on my list & already purchased is, The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis"

I recently acquired that one myself. I am going to see how much love there is for this book, which will determine how quickly I get to it.

I am still working on my list and will post it tomorrow.

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Motto | 450 comments In 2012 I challenged myself to read 100 books on the Goodreads Book challenge. I now know I really can squeeze in more reading time if I really work at it. At times though I felt like I was going more for speed and quantity than quality (though I did read a lot of good books) This year my new year's resolution is to perhaps read less, but more dense, meaty books - I'm starting with The Gift of Rain by Tan Twan Eng. The other part of my resolution is more non-fiction and more classics.

message 5: by Sera (new)

Sera | 1325 comments Nancy wrote: "In 2012 I challenged myself to read 100 books on the Goodreads Book challenge. I now know I really can squeeze in more reading time if I really work at it. At times though I felt like I was going..."

That's great, Nancy! I read fewer books this year for this very reason, but it worth the quality of the reads that I had.

message 6: by Sera (new)

Sera | 1325 comments I am going to try to accomplish pretty much what I did this year - 75+ books, 10 classics, etc., but I am going to try to read more stories set in or about non-US countries.

message 7: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1258 comments Nancy wrote: "In 2012 I challenged myself to read 100 books on the Goodreads Book challenge. I now know I really can squeeze in more reading time if I really work at it. At times though I felt like I was going..."

Nancy, your post was so similar to this piece I read just today, I had to post it. http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/cu...

message 8: by LynnB (last edited Jan 01, 2013 08:14AM) (new)

LynnB I'm going to do my reading as usual, but this year I'm thinning out my groups on Goodreads. I was in quite a few, but am just going to be in 5 this year (and, yes, I'm staying in Bookmarks Subscribers). I also have two face2face clubs, so that will keep me quite busy with reading! I'd post books I'm going to read, but at this point I don't know what those will be :)

message 9: by Sera (new)

Sera | 1325 comments Lynn, I am happy that you will be staying with us this year :). I thin out my clubs yearly, too.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.