Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > help read over 200 books and ran out of things to read

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie (battybint) | 9 comments i`ve ran out of books again need something good ive had to go back to boring books to fill the time. loved the hollow series and stuff like that with a twist need help badly thankyou

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I don't know what you have read but I recently read In a Fix by Linda Grimes and it was hilarious.

In a Fix (In a Fix, #1) by Linda Grimes

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 449 comments I don't know what you've read since your list on Goodreads isn't very long but you could try:

Night Shift by Lilith SaintCrow
The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
The Toby Daye series be Seanan McGuire
Blackout by Mira Grant

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (quill_n_ink) | 107 comments Marie wrote: "i`ve ran out of books again need something good ive had to go back to boring books to fill the time. loved the hollow series and stuff like that with a twist need help badly thankyou"

Sounds like you want an intense series with plot twists.
Dominion (Dominion, #1) by S.E. Lund Ascension (Dominion, #2) by S.E. Lund Retribution (The Dominion Series, #3) by S.E. Lund
Dominion is definitely not boring! At least two more books are being planned by the author; one or both to be released in 2013.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (crystalmirror) | 5 comments Jeri Readi-Smith and C.E. Murphy are good ones for me. Mark Henry wrote a funny female zombie series a few years ago, but it's really hard to find.

message 6: by Lisa Anne (new)

Lisa Anne (lisamessegee) | 120 comments Have you read:
Charley Davidson by Darynda Jones
Guild Hunter by Nalini Singh

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh

message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie (battybint) | 9 comments i did try and couldnt get past the first chaptor

message 8: by Marie (new)

Marie (battybint) | 9 comments i liked the c e murphy books

message 9: by James (new)

James Christie Please try "Dear Miss Landau" by James Christie. Unique, the only real-life story about a fictional vampire you'll ever read...

P.S. I lived and wrote it.

message 10: by L.M. (last edited Dec 21, 2012 12:29PM) (new)

L.M. David | 13 comments TouchedHere is my book, recently released.I'm shamelessly promoting myself.

message 11: by Marie (new)

Marie (battybint) | 9 comments i`ll have a look at that thankyou

message 12: by L.M. (new)

L.M. David | 13 comments Marie wrote: "i`ll have a look at that thankyou"

Thanks.

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) If you like UF, you should try the Awakened by Blood series by Marie Treanor. The first book is Blood on Silk (Awakened by Blood, #1) by Marie Treanor .

message 14: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (ravette) | 30 comments Have you thought about finishing the Anita Blake series? I enjoyed the first 11 or 12 books the most.

Working for the Devil
by Lilith Saintcrow

Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1)
by Carrie Vaughn (there are 8 or 9 in this series)

Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, Book 1) by Kim Harrison

Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, Book 1)
› Karen Chance

Witchling (Sisters of the Moon, Book 1)
› Yasmine Galenorn

message 15: by Lisa Anne (new)

Lisa Anne (lisamessegee) | 120 comments Try this BEST OF: Urban Fantasy Series list:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

or this BEST OF: Paranormal Romance Series list:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

Be sure to find the newest posts.

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynn28) | 4 comments I just read the LUX series and the fourth book does not come out until the summer. I need something new to read, any suggestions?? Please & thank you :)

message 17: by *Ash* (new)

*Ash* (ashdex) | 73 comments I find going to amazon.com and searching the kindle section for free books is always an interesting way to find something you typically wouldn't read. Or even the ones for 99c. I constantly come across new authors who I otherwise haven't heard of. I would recommend "Tijan", her books are hard to find, but so good once found. They're the new form of YA.

message 18: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 81 comments I'm not sure what kind of book you're looking for so I'll just name some of my favorites.

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione (Book 1 in the Demonica series by Larissa Ione)
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead)
Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead (Another series by Richelle Mead)
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost (First book in the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost)
Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake (by Kendare Blake, and it's one of my favorite reads from 2012)

Northwest_booknerd Mercy Thompson series is the best set of books I have ever read! Patty Briggs writes them I also loved Divergent by Veronica Roth and firelight by Sophie Jordan. You also can't go wrong with vampire academy.

message 20: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Luhrs (cynthialuhrsauthor) How about the Fever series by K. Moning and the highlander series by her
J. Frank's Noah, Jacob, etc. series
JR Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood

Good Luck!

Marie wrote: "i`ve ran out of books again need something good ive had to go back to boring books to fill the time. loved the hollow series and stuff like that with a twist need help badly thankyou"

message 21: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 2 comments Try my new series Ominous Love
Ominous Love (Ominous, #1) by Patricia Puddle

An Angels and Demons Love triangle. (So far, eleven, 5 Star reviews)

The sequel will be available very soon, then book three, four, five, ect.

message 22: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 2 comments Try my new series Ominous Love
Ominous Love (Ominous, #1) by Patricia Puddle

An Angels and Demons Love triangle. (So far, eleven, 5 Star reviews)

The sequel will be available very soon, then book three, four, five, ect.