Start by marking “Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)” as Want to Read:
Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)

Succubus Blues

(Georgina Kincaid #1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  50,524 ratings  ·  2,902 reviews
When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?

But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore--fre
Published March 1st 2007 by Kensington (first published February 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Succubus Blues, please sign up.
Georgiee Yeah there is a main love interest through the whole series and some smaller love interests as well
Nitty S no there are no cross overs . However, Bloodlines is a spin-off from Vampire Academy. I have a feeling, Vampire academy and Bloodlines were intended…moreno there are no cross overs . However, Bloodlines is a spin-off from Vampire Academy. I have a feeling, Vampire academy and Bloodlines were intended for younger adults. say 15-20. And Georgina Kincaid caters to a slightly more mature audience.(less)

·  50,524 ratings  ·  2,902 reviews

Start your review of Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)
~Poppy~
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing

“Love is rarely flawless,” Carter pointed out. “Humans delude themselves by thinking it has to be. It is the imperfection that makes love perfect.
Lola
Jul 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: UF, demons, angels and succubus fans.
**3.5 stars**

Meet succubus Georgina Kincaid:

description

Georgina Kincaid is a succubus, an immortal ''creature'' that feeds on other people's vital energy in order to survive. Most of the time, she does that during sex. Except for that detail about her, Georgina is a charismatic and easy going woman that works in a library. She's in fact quite an interesting and entertaining cstars**
Meet
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
This book is (choose all that apply):
a) Boring as fish.
b) Wondrously crappy.
c) Exquisitely decaf, diet, GMO and gluten-free.
d) Flat as my now infamous herd of ironing boards.
e) A safe haven for severely misunderstood drama llamas.
f) So PG-13 it reads like a Seizure-Inducing Paranormal Chick Lit Type Thingie (SIPCLTT™).
g) ALL of the above.
h) ALL of the above².

Quite logically, a+b+c+d+e+f+g+h = me feeling a teensy little bit like this:

Gif most generously provided by Sarchotic Industries, Ltd

Had this delightfully scrumptious masterpiece simply been a Lame-A-Saurus endeavor and nothclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Gifabove².
Quite
Kat Kennedy
Mar 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and I enjoyed that it, in a number of areas, was brave enough to break away from the stereotype that the paranormal urban romance genre is famous for.

On one hand, I enjoyed the plot, story and characters. It was paced well, easy to read, enjoyable. The characters were fresh, original in some regards and likable.

The great "reveal" was painfully easy to guess and I had suspected it from the beginning, but I feel that the writing style and characte
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
You know you don't like a book when you would rather fold laundry than pick it up again.

As I was struggling with this book yesterday, I was thinking, "Maybe I have some dishes to do or something? What chores can I do?" Not a good sign.

**Some mild spoilers ahead**

Most people love this book so feel free to ignore me. In all fairness, I had read some really good urban fantasy books right before this one so I was coming off a huge UF high when I picked this up. And it did not measure up. At all.

Let me start with the wo
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 31, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This gif represents EXACTLY how I felt about this book... I was eager to start it, I found it a little tough to get into though, I struggled (with convincing myself to keep going) midway through, but at the end everything started happening really fast and suddenly I was finished it lol

I read this book on several glowing recommendations from trusted readers who compared it to the Fever and Night Huntress series (both of which ar
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
“We all have moments of weakness. It’s how we recover from them that really counts.”

Georgina isn't your typical succubus. Disliking what she is, she mainly focuses on "feeding" from men without as much of a conscience (like her boss), but doesn't have to slaughter them like succubus of legend. When working in the bookstore as a manager, she meets her favorite author, starts dating a new man in town, and works with other paranormals to figure out who is offing powerful paranormals in the city.
Emily May
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, paranormal-uf

I liked this book a lot more than I imagined I would. I'm not really a hardcore urban fantasy fan, I much prefer series like this with the softer, chick-lit style writing complete with witty dialogue and hot immortal men. Georgina Kincaid is a very likeable heroine, not a pretentious do-gooder but nice enough that you care about what happens to her.

This first novel in the series is full of steamy sex, hilariously quotable writing and a supernatural mystery to form the background plot
Tatiana
Apr 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who don't mind reading about characters that they can't respect

I read Succubus Blues first over 2 years ago and liked it A LOT. Since then Mead embarked on a money-making trip and managed to completely ruin Vampire Academy for me. The latest Succubus book was meh as well. (Her Dark Swan books are not even worth mentioning IMO.) I started questioning myself - were Mead's books ever good? Or I simply liked them because this series was one of my first encounters with fresh then genre of urban fantasy?

Good news, Succubus Blues is still great enterta
Penny
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loooove this series.

This is one of my favorite UF series, ever. Admittedly, the first book is the weakest of them all, while book 4 is my favorite. The plot, characters and romance get better and better with each installment.
The love story has an incredible arc and it is absolutely beautiful. You'll need to go all the way to book 6 to find out how it ends, and it is utterly worth it.

Georgina Kincaid is a great strong female character with all her faults. Her insecurities and weaknesses make her a better charac/>
Anzu The Great Destroyer
WARNING! The following review is not supposed to make any sense. If, through an unholy miracle, it does make sense then you should consult a doctor at once. You might have an evil cotton candy monster living in your brain.

After a failed attempt with The Blood That Bonds, Anzu decides to go for something else in the Urban Fantasy genre. Since she is such a sadistic person she goes for Succubus Blues, another book she was sure she will hate. Deep inside she was still hoping to be proven wrong.

Anzu lies in bed and start
Ash Wednesday
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Someone. Anyone. Everyone. And the stragglers in between.
Sometimes you wake up from a dream. Sometimes you wake up in a dream. And sometimes, every once in while, you wake up in someone else's dream.

1.21.14 BUDDY RE-READ WITH ROBIN, BAILEY AND TANDIE

I almost want to up-rate this to a 5.

So very different the second time around. The palpable silences, the knowing looks passed between Carter and Jerome, Carter's odd, quizzical looks at Georgie, Jerome's pregnant pauses... The book in itself was predictable the first time around, but once you've known t
Stacia (the 2010 club)
***RE-read July 2011 as a buddy read with the TPR girls***

I am giving Succubus Blues a higher rating the second time after realizing that the first time I read the book, I had come down off a high from one of my favorites and was way too hard on this one. Even though I enjoyed SB the first time and did consider it to be about a 3 to 3.5, I enjoyed it much more the second time around after knowing the series and characters better (and was able to skim the world building trap of book 1). 4 plus stars!
Sh3lly
This is a book I added back when I first joined GRs. I had read it at a time when I was just getting into paranormal romance and urban fantasy. I had not read anything else by Richelle Mead. So this review is way after the fact, but I still remember it fairly well, so thought I'd write a brief review.

I won't recap it because you can get that info anywhere. It's basically a succubus who isn't evil (she's decaffeinated) and about her romantic life and her skirmishes with other demon types who are
Elle
SEX ANYONE?

Well, you're in luck.
Oodles of it in these books.

But aside from all the glorious filth, there is also much laughter to be had with this series.
Once again we are introduced to another of Richelle Meads' baddass heroines, Georgina. Who manages to rid the city of various demons, evils, etc. whilst maintaining an equally baddass sex life.

[image error]

I ask you. What more do we need?
Alkyoni
Oct 17, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alkyoni by: I liked VA

Georgina Kincaid, Succubus, is leading a lonely life having traded her mortality for eternal youth and beauty and let’s just not get into the reasons why. In order to survive she gets the life force out of humans that she’s having sex with, but being a Succubus with a conscience she only does the low lives, hating the idea of damning the souls of good men. She is unable of forming meaningful romantic relationships with men that she actually likes since even a kiss would suck a considerable amoun
Lainey
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's these kinds of books that make me wish Goodreads let me do half star ratings.

This was just ok. I actually found myself very bored during it. It was just... ok.
All the plot twists - I saw them all, but that didn't take away from my reading experience, I just couldn't see how Georgina couldn't see them. Also, what the hell, how misleading was that synopsis?

My favorite character was Seth. How he spoke, wrote, everything was really fascinating to me. He's the only
Regina
The first book introducing readers to the world of Georgina Kincaid is just good old fashioned urban fantasy fun. The world building is not intense nor is it complicated. The mystery is easy to figure out and many of the characters act in a predictable way. But damn, this is the most fun I have had reading an urban fantasy book in a long time. The story is told from the point of view of Georgina and she is a succubus with a conscience (supposedly). She loves sex, loves male attention, but misses ...more
Kim
Urban fantasy books are always difficult for me. Whenever I see a shelf of those in a store, I look at a few titles and hope something will look interesting. They seldomly do, because all these books are the same to me: Hot heroine with at least one guy on every finger. (I blame this on Anita Blake, who I liked, at first, but after a while I got so bored with her books and, I'm glad I did because, apparently, I stopped reading before the completely messed up books came.)

But back to t
Oct 28, 2015 rated it liked it
It was ok...not sure if I'll be continuing with the series.
Lindsey Rey
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, fantasy, paranormal
[4.5 Stars]

Absolutely loved this! I predicted the twist really early on, but that didn't hinder my experience in any way. Can't wait to read the sequel!
Kait
Oct 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Heather, Christine, Crystal
Oh man. I read this book in about 5 hours. I was expecting a vapid "hi, I have a lot of sex, watch me boink all these men" kind of story. At first, I honestly thought it would be, when Georgie started to talk about her designer shoes (note to authors: women don't care about designer shoes as much as you think. Stop mentioning them!), but I really got hooked when we, the readers, meet Seth. After that, I couldn't put this book down.

I don't really have a lot of criticism for this book.
Emma
Really enjoyed this! It’s been hanging around on my kindle for a very long time. I think I must have bought it in a kindle daily deal many moons ago. I remember starting it and not being impressed after a few pages and left it alone. I was just about to remove it to the cloud from my kindle and I thought I’d give it another shot. And couldn’t put it down! I love Georgina and her crowd of friends. I love that there is romance and hope in a book about a succubus. I loved the world. I’ve already bo ...more
Briar's Reviews
Hot diggity dang, I love this book!

Richelle Mead was one of my many high school guilty pleasures. I'd sneak off to read Vampire Academy over and over without a second thought. I always knew I wanted to read this series but it either continually slipped my mind or my local bookstores would sell out (and online bookstores wouldn't have it available). So, I finally caved and remembered this book existed when I found book #4 at a local charity book sale. I bought this book full price (which is SUPE
~Tina~
Jul 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Already a huge fan of Mead's Vampire Academy, I wasn't sure how I'd take her Urban Fantasy series since I've never been a huge fan of it really. Leave it to Richelle Mead to change all that and have this sensational masterpiece hit my favorites shelf!
I don't know how Mead does it, like the first VA book it was a slow go in the beginning and this one was the same way for me, but then out of know where your hooked to ever word, every character and it was impossible to put down.
I really
Caro the Helmet Lady
Look, Georgina, it's nothing personal... Really. It's not you, it's me...
Haha, just kidding! It's you. You suck.
DNF at 25%. Bye!
Georgette Gray
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I feel like I should write a proper review for this book since it's one of my favourites. I've recently re-read it after about 5 years and it's definitely held the test of time for me.

In regards to the safety of this (I'll just do this for the entire series since all the books follow on) - it's probably the most unsafe series in existence. There's cheating, other woman/other man drama, and detailed sex scenes with other men (it's written first person in the h's POV). Having said that, I think i
Marga
Actual Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Georgina did something terrible in her life that she made a deal with the devil to be a succubus in order for the people she wronged to forget about her. And they did. Their memories was totally wiped out.

I don't know what is a succubus though. So I went on Google to search what a succubus was and they are like immortal, evil creatures who seduces men in their sleep to absorve
/>
Nic
Oct 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I ever read by Richelle Mead and I loved it instantly.
Succubus Blue is one fantastic book. It is full of witty characters who you will fall in love with, deliciously hot romance and plenty of twists and turns you never see coming.
This story is about Georgina Kincaid who works for hell. She is succubus an alluring shape shifting demon who seduces mens while sucking life force from them as payment to hell. She much prefers her day job as a manager of a local bookstor
Deborah Obida
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal, adult
Wow! Richelle Mead did it again, she is one of my favourite authors and I love the VA and Bloodlines series a lot. I was a bit scared I might not like this as much but I do. The plot is amazing, the characters are great and the writing too.

{Spoiler Alert}
Roman my favourite character, I just can’t start this review without a note on him. Superhot Nephilim with perfect smile, built and all, why Richelle why make him the villain, I’m already in love with him and now he just left, I hope he i

• Stray (Shifters, #1)
  • Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
  • Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1)
  • Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)
  • Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1)
  • Bitten (Otherworld, #1)
  • A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry, #1)
  • Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)
  • Once Burned (Night Prince, #1)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • Midnight's Daughter (Dorina Basarab, #1)
  • One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear he

Georgina Kincaid (6 books)
  • Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2)
  • Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)
  • Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)
  • Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5)
  • Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6)
“Sometimes you wake up from a dream. Sometimes you wake up in a dream. And sometimes, every once in a while, you wake up in someone else's dream. ” 1909 likes
“Well, that depends, I suppose. I heard someone once say that men dance the same way they have sex. So, if you want everyone here to think you're the kind of guy who just sits around and—"
He stood up. "Let's dance.”
785 likes