Well Trained Mind Readers discussion

Book a week in 2012 - week 49

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin Mccormack (RobinMcCormack) | 39 comments we're talking about 2013 since we only have 4 weeks left in the year. We will be continuing with the Well Educated Mind and Mind Voyages perpetual challenges and possibly the A to Z since I've been hearing some requests for it. New this year will be the Dusty Books (read your own books) and Chunkster challenge (books over 500 pages long). Also Read a Canadian Author challenge and I'm thinking we should choose one book for a readalong. And like this year, there will be mini weekly challenges that pop up here and there such as read a russian book (but we choose different countries), choose a book by the title, the name of a color in the title, compare a book with the movie, etc. I'm personally going to do a Non Fiction Reading Project and read one a month. If you all want to join me in that, we'll add it to the linkbar on the blog and you can choose a specific number or leave it up to chance.

What are you reading this week?

message 2: by Lesley (new)

Lesley (tttiggerrr) | 11 comments I'm reading The Alchemyst. It's such a fun read!

message 3: by Cleo (last edited Dec 20, 2012 09:07AM) (new)

Cleo (cleopatra18) | 274 comments I'm reading (among others):

The Divine Comedy The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri
Confessions Confessions  by Saint Augustine of Hippo
Letters to a Diminished Church: Passionate Arguments for the Relevance of Christian Doctrine Letters to a Diminished Church Passionate Arguments for the Relevance of Christian Doctrine by Dorothy L. Sayers

The Divine Comedy is going to take me into 2013 but I hope to finish the other two before the end of the year ...... yet perhaps that's just wishful thinking ???? ;-)

message 4: by Cleo (new)

Cleo (cleopatra18) | 274 comments Robin,

I love your idea of a non-fiction challenge! I have many non-fiction books on my "to-read" list that I never seem to get around to reading. A challenge to read one per month might just be what I need to get me going!