Mic Breaks Only discussion

Posts Gone By > Watcha Reading in December

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew, Wound Up (new)

Andrew Finazzo (johnyqd) | 316 comments Here is the spot to talk about what you are reading outside of our official selections. Love it or hate it, share you thoughts here!

message 2: by Andrew, Wound Up (new)

Andrew Finazzo (johnyqd) | 316 comments I finished The Sisters Brothers a few days ago. I really liked it but it just fizzled out in the end. I think that the fizzling was intentional (to avoid more predictable endings) but it left me feeling less enthusiastic with the novel.

I'm paused on Grossbart not because I'm not enjoying it (double negative party!) but in hopes that Michelle catches me and helps with the section questions.

In the meantime I started The Devotion of Suspect X, a japanese crime novel in which you know who murdered a person & how they did it right from the beginning. The fun is in watching a detective try to unravel the crime which has been intentionally convered up by a very smart person.

message 3: by Michelle, Overrun By Pets (last edited Mar 06, 2013 08:18AM) (new)

Michelle Finazzo | 225 comments In December we finished Freedom on audio book. The narrator was one of the best I've encountered. He transitioned beautifully between characters giving them all a unique, but consistent cadence and personality. My favorite voice by the narrator was that of a young Indian woman. The book ended for me so much differently than it started both in pace and plot. I think the author did a good job of writing complex interesting characters that kept developing throughout the entire story line. The book was written in a way that kept characters separate, but interacting in the same realm. By the end you realize the complicated symphony of interplay that has transpired between the many different characters.

I started the The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart.