Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > My Monkey, My Self

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) LIKE many longtime couples, Carlie and Bob, independent animal rescue workers in upstate New York who have been together 21 years, have a difference of opinion about one big issue in their relationship. In their case, it is about a 7-year-old Hamadryas baboon named Higgins, who spends a good part of most evenings watching HDTV in his heated monkey house, often holding hands with Bob. Carlie thinks that it is time to ship Higgins to a baboon preserve, and Bob wants to keep him at home.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/gar...

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments uhmmmmm

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments maybe the monkey needs to go

message 4: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) I thought the monkey was cute until I read this:

On one occasion, they got in a wrestling match, and Higgins put one of his “steel-like fingernails” through Bob’s scrotum.

No thanks!

message 5: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) All I can think of right now is "everybody's got something to hide 'cept for me and my monkey."

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Perfect.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ha...oh, between the holding hands and the scrotum-scratching...this almost made me pee my pants...thanks, people.

I don't know. My dog always sat next to me while I watched tv. But we didn't hold hands. And at no point was my scrotum scratched.

Oh, my, that scrotum scratching thing is going to entertain me all day...

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Between this and the cat licking on the Office last week, I'm beginning to lose all hope for humanity.

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments wait, where can you buy a monkey like this?

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments [a joke people. they are ALL jokes:]

message 11: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) | 138 comments Kevin the Barbarian wrote: "maybe the monkey needs to go"

Definitely! In another top story, tonight we bring you the chimp who tore off its owner's best friend's face. He was so sweet until then, too.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.