Zombies! discussion

Book Discussions > Are there any utopian zombie stories?

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ʈʜэ MɐÐɲΣ§Ꭶ ᏊརƭᏲƗϞ (DeAtH_oF_tHe_ReBeLz) Zombies could be used to protect people from dangerous animals in hazardous habitats. Like a body guard, though it would all depend on if you found a way to keep the zombie from attacking you and if it would not be killed in the process of killing.

message 2: by Mike (new)

Mike Scott | 11 comments The closest one I can think of is the movie "Fido", where the Zombies wear inhibitor collars and are servants. It not even close to a Utopia though. I don't know if it was based on a book, but it was a good movie.

message 3: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1644 comments Don't be a stinking communist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkAWqx...

message 4: by Mike (new)

Mike Scott | 11 comments Henry wrote: "I have not seen "Fido" - were they remote controlled?"

No remote controls. The collars just stopped them from wanting to kill. Without that urge they were able to follow simple commands.

message 5: by Saturnfx (new)

Saturnfx | 14 comments Outside of Fido, I think you would be hard pressed to find such a thing. The very nature of a zombie is a perfect monster..even if they were not eating humans, its still your Aunt Edna you loved dead and wandering around, which is psychologically damaging to anyone whom liked her.

Fido was a bit cheesy..a fun flick, but the peoples mindset were very cookie cutter 1950s nuclear family and didn't seem to have any actual love for one another outside of a superficial role. No psychological damage if there is not much of a psychological factor involved I suppose.

I think you might be looking into the wrong genre. You might want to check out some sci-fi for robotics and AI...the concept your wanting is basically a slave class that improves life..which is more bot than zombie.

message 6: by Dana * (last edited Dec 09, 2012 12:51PM) (new)

Dana * (QueenofEgypt) | 33 comments I think Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion would be close.
And maybe, in a way Breathers A Zombie's Lament by S.G. Browne.

O and i would also add Raising Stony Mayhall by Daryl Gregory .