The Sword and Laser discussion

Brandon Sanderson
This topic is about Brandon Sanderson
Scifi / Fantasy News > Brandon Sanderson Memory of Light Book Tour Dates

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Roberator (last edited Nov 26, 2012 03:46PM) (new)

Rob (robzak) | 5140 comments Mod
Tor.com has posted some tour dates for Brandon Sanderson.

Looks like he's coming by me too!

message 2: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg!

message 3: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Laurel wrote: "Please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to Winnipeg, please come to W..."

I'm going to guess you live in Texas? ^_^

message 4: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Hell, I'd fly to Texas to meet Sanderson!

But to be in a room filled with fans who have grown up with this series? Can you imagine passing up that kind of experience?! Authors are my rockstars!

message 5: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Laurel wrote: "Hell, I'd fly to Texas to meet Sanderson!

But to be in a room filled with fans who have grown up with this series? Can you imagine passing up that kind of experience?! Authors are my rockstars!"

You could drive to Minneapolis. That's like 8 hours from Winnipeg, right?

message 6: by Laurel (new)

Laurel I already looked into it. I'm a teacher, we aren't allowed to take days off. We get a great summer, but no trading or taking time during the year :(

message 7: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Laurel wrote: "I already looked into it. I'm a teacher, we aren't allowed to take days off. We get a great summer, but no trading or taking time during the year :("

Doh. Back to the chanting then...

message 8: by Laurel (new)

Laurel My students are excused from class to chase Justin Beiber around town before his concert, chauffeured by their moms. Surely the school could excuse me to go meet an author ;)

But thanks for the well wishes - I will keep chanting!!!

message 9: by Felina (new)

Felina | 0 comments I'd go as there is a stop in Salt Lake but I haven't kept up with this series at all. Oops. I'll get you a signed copy Laurel. :)

message 10: by Alex (new)

Alex Ristea (alexristea) | 654 comments He also announced that there would be 3 or so Canadian stops between Feb 12-16.

I hope it's Vancouver, since he's right down in Seattle on the 12th.

message 11: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Felina, that is so sweet! If he doesn't come within driving distance, I'll order a copy. But a huge hug in thanks!!!

message 12: by Felina (new)

Felina | 0 comments I do what I can. :)

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 1081 comments I'm sad that he his not going to be in New York this time around. I've come to expect him just being there.

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 1081 comments Laurel wrote: "My students are excused from class to chase Justin Beiber around town before his concert, chauffeured by their moms. Surely the school could excuse me to go meet an author ;)

But thanks for the w..."

One of my English teachers in high school is a huge geek that he took days off for the Halo games. I'm pretty sure he took off a couple of days earlier this month to beat Halo 4.

message 15: by Kevin (last edited Nov 26, 2012 07:16PM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 1081 comments I could not allow myself to go to one of his signing if Harriet is there. I have too many copies of the first nine books of the Wheel of Times, but it is not as many as the number of copies of Ender's Game, which she also edited.

message 16: by Robert (new)

Robert Nasuti (rlnasuti) | 31 comments I wanted to volunteer as a Memory Keeper for this, but I live in Colorado and it looks like he's coming no where near! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

message 17: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments no Texas dates at all. BAH!!! But he is stopping close to where I moved from in California. DAMN IT! I would have loved to get a signed copy of the book. Maybe on another tour date.

message 18: by Rik (new)

Rik | 768 comments Sanderson is the only author I've ever gone to a book signing for and I've now been to three with the most recent just this last Saturday where I got The Gathering Storm, Way of Kings, and Emperor's Soul signed. I only live about 200 miles from him so he frequently does signings in my town though he's not doing one for Memory of Light. About five years ago he even came to my kid's elementary school and gave a talk to the whole school which got my son hooked on his Alcatraz books.

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 62 comments Finally in Atlanta! I'll definitely be going. :)