Nevermore (Maximum Ride, #8) Nevermore discussion

Am I the only one who actually liked Dylan?

Comments (showing 1-35 of 35) (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zoi I mean, sure, Fang was there first. Both Dylan and Fang loved Max... But Fang left, went back, left again, AND kinda replaced Max with Maya for a little while... I don't know, I just didn't like Fang towards the end of the series...

HarpyAshe  **Can You Live A Life Of Peace And Happiness? I Don't Think So!!** no i liked dylan. a lot. i mean...i liked him in the beginning of the book, halfway through i thought he was crazy, but then i liked him again ^_^ hes so sweet and loving and cute. so no, your not the only one ^_^ <3

rachel erskine I liked Dylan, too, but I don't like the fact that the plot began to revolve around him and Max so much. In fact, the series lost a lot of steam when it became so romance-oriented; I much preferred it when it was about kicking butt and saving the world with a few angsty-omg-Fang-and-Max-just-kissed moments but it got to be a little too much after Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports. BUT ANYWAY the end of the series was just the biggest joke on earth imo, and Patterson really should have stopped while he was ahead.

Dylan, though, is a decent character, though I would have liked him more had he not been so creepily obsessed with Max and was more just a member of the Flock rather than a fangirl or something.

Kit Kat I liked Dylan Too! he was so sweet, and when he sang, he made max feel like honey was dripping over her heart, he wore his feelings on his sleeve and was always trying to get max. He loved her and wasn't worrying about who knew it. He didn't have secrets like Fang and he wasn't secretive and a 'bad boy' like fang

Hannah I LOVED Dylan in Angel and the beginning of Nevermore! He was so sweet and so nice. I thought Fang was a real jerk, until the middle and end of Nevermore. I liked him again and felt bad for Dylan, who didn't have anyone when the world ended. What's weird is, I was really scared in the end of Nevermore. I was all like "Can that really happen?" And when the scientist flung himself out the window and died, it was really gory. Anyway, I got off topic. I liked Dylan, so you're not the only one.

Analise no unfortunatly your not some of my friends "like dylan" don't know why...

message 7: by No (new) - added it

No Name I liked Dylans character, but I don't think Dylan should have been introduced as max's "perfect other half". Dylan just seemed to "I will jump off of a cliff for you". You know what I mean?

message 8: by No (new) - added it

No Name Pam wrote: "I mean, sure, Fang was there first. Both Dylan and Fang loved Max... But Fang left, went back, left again, AND kinda replaced Max with Maya for a little while... I don't know, I just didn't like Fa..."

I DID NOT LIKE THE FANG/MAYA THING!! OMG that made me so mad! MAYA=MAX!!!!!!! I mean JP, seriously? How could JP make me so mad at my favorite character?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

No you are not the only one! I loved Dylan. Fang was a jerk and he left Max too many times and tried to replace her with Maya. Dylan was always there for her.

Sydnee I like Dylan too, but I always thought that Max and Fang should end up together. I honestly thought that Dylan and Max shouldn't be together because Dylan was created to be her "other half". That just doesn't sit right with me. I want Dylan to find his own girl too, but i don't think he should be with Max just because he was built for her.

sagebriley I liked Dylan. I grew to like over the last books because in the beginning, I loved Fang and I hated that Dylan was intruding. I like Dylan but Fang would definitely be the favorite even though he left Max.

Curlygirly Alyssa wrote: "No you are not the only one! I loved Dylan. Fang was a jerk and he left Max too many times and tried to replace her with Maya. Dylan was always there for her."

I totally agree with you.

Danie Dylan is the reason Fang left and caused all of the trouble.He convinced Fang to leave. Fang repalced Max with Maya because he missed Max so much. Remember? Fang was uncomfortable around Maya.

∷〚 Mα∂∂у◦ 〛∷ I like Fang but he really pissed me off towards the end of the series. He tells Max he loves her, then leaves her, then begs her to come back and help him, replaces her with Maya, leaves again, and comes limping home after he abandoned Ratchet and Holden in the middle of a freakin desert and we dont even know what happened to them at the end of the series..... then I started to like Dylan then he went all crazy and acted like a child at the end of Nevermore and then I was back to loving Fang.. sorry for my ranting.. haha had to get it out

♪♫Gloria♫♪ ~Іп Τħε Ċļοůðŝ~ I wanted to kill Dylan every time he came along...... He was my least favorite.

Silly I really did like Dylan. I felt bad for him when Fang came back and ruined everything. I like Fang but i think Dylan would have been better for Max.

∷〚 Mα∂∂у◦ 〛∷ Silly wrote: "I really did like Dylan. I felt bad for him when Fang came back and ruined everything. I like Fang but i think Dylan would have been better for Max."

I like dylan but just not with max i guess... he made her weak and if you haven't noticed, the world is ending and it is not time to be weak! Don't get me wrong i like dylan, but i also love fang

Danie *Gloria* ~In The Clouds~ wrote: "I wanted to kill Dylan every time he came along...... He was my least favorite."

ditto

Silly Well, Dylan was actually trying to help save Max but she wont listen or trust him.

Brinley Yes you are

message 21: by Lia (new) - added it

Lia yup :D

message 22: by Emma (last edited Jan 23, 2013 06:46PM) (new) - added it

Emma I liked Dylan, but i loved Fang sooo much more. I guess it has to do with the fact that Fang knows Max really well and its not fake like Dylan being programmed to know Max well

Elica Smith Sydnee wrote: "I like Dylan too, but I always thought that Max and Fang should end up together. I honestly thought that Dylan and Max shouldn't be together because Dylan was created to be her "other half". That j..."

i so agree with you because it just seems a little possesive and thats kinda creepy.

Olivia Triplett i really like dylan!

Sheila Elica wrote: "Sydnee wrote: "I like Dylan too, but I always thought that Max and Fang should end up together. I honestly thought that Dylan and Max shouldn't be together because Dylan was created to be her "othe..."

DEFINITELY! Possessive is the perfect word for him. And, I know he can't help it, but he moves too fast. Max is trying to like save the world, and all he wants to do is fly off into the sunlight with her. I mean, he's sweet I guess, but just on the verge of too sweet that he's kinda annoying.

Kirsten Novotny He was okay, but me and mt friend agreed that if we were Max and had a choice between Dylan or Fang we would pick Fang. Besides Dylan was really really possessive in a way. And he ticked Max off a bunch of times.

Caraline Sheila wrote: "Elica wrote: "Sydnee wrote: "I like Dylan too, but I always thought that Max and Fang should end up together. I honestly thought that Dylan and Max shouldn't be together because Dylan was created t..."

I liked Dylan
I hated maximum ride
he was too good for her
he was the only good part of this stupid series
(sorry guys, I really hated Nevermore!)

message 28: by Martha (last edited Jan 22, 2013 11:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Martha Obolo I love Dylan, personally I don't think he got enough applause for what he did.
I do love MR but I only hate the ending of nevermore, it should have Dylan with Max not Fang.
Why? ask me if you care, I've got loads of reasons.

Snowballina Pam wrote: "I mean, sure, Fang was there first. Both Dylan and Fang loved Max... But Fang left, went back, left again, AND kinda replaced Max with Maya for a little while... I don't know, I just didn't like Fa..."
I love Fang and the reason he left Max was to protect her. Fang!!! Fang!! Fang!! XOXO Fang!!! Sorry I'm a bit of a hardcore Fang fan even though at some moments I felt bad for Dylan I still think Fang and Max should be together forever!!!

message 30: by Tess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tess Yes. Yes you are.

Sheila Fang did act like a jerk, though. I mean, for me, I like Fang + Max more than Fang + Dylan. But Fang ditched them and made his own Gang and completely replaced Max with Maya. Then Maya dies and he's all NOOOOOOOOO!!! Then he ditches the rest of his gang after Star and Kate reveal that they were secretly with the bad guys. He leaves them and goes back to Max and is like "I actually always loved you even tho i ditched." Then he told Dylan to leave them alone and the world blew up a few days later. Confused? Mee too.

Sorry got a little side tracked. Fang and Max, but it did have the WORST ending. I was very disappointed!

message 32: by Emily (new) - rated it 1 star

Emily Okay, I liked Dylan right up until the very end.
One second he says he will love her forever.
The next second they almost die
The next he's like "meh, maybe I don't actually love you"

Side note: Did Nudge and the others die? Cause they say at the end that the caves were flooded and they don't even talk about them.

Bookworm Katie Dylan: I have some mixed feelings about him.
I think he's okay, but I hate how JP made Max's emotions go all over the place because of her little love triangle, and I liked the idea of Fax better.
I finished Nevermore last night. It had a terrible ending, and I'm still ranting about it.

Ileia Kraft At first I really liked Fang but when he left and kind of replaced Max with Maya I started to dislike him. Dylan isn't all that great but if I had to choose between the two I would choose Dylan. At least he was there for Max when she needed someone the most.

message 35: by S.M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

S.M. Gilson I'm glad I found this because I was Team Dylan for the last two books. I was really disappointed at the end of the book and left with so many question. I think the others lived but I don't know about all the mutants or Ella. I really hated the way it ended and I hope that when it is a movie it will have a better ending.