Start by marking “Nevermore (Maximum Ride, #8)” as Want to Read:
Nevermore (Maximum Ride, #8)

Nevermore

(Maximum Ride #8)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  32,502 Ratings  ·  2,816 Reviews
Maximum Ride and her faithful friends stand ready to face the two greatest threats that humankind has ever known--now combining forces in an unbeatable plot to destroy life as we know it once and for all. And this time, the enemy truly can't be stopped. The danger mounts just as the boy genetically engineered to be her "perfect match", Dylan, has finally worked his way int ...more
Published August 6th 2012 by Little Brown and Company (first published August 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Nevermore, please sign up.
Astha HAHA, Alex. And I agree, Deja. Still, I LOVE LOVE LOVED the book. U guys?
FluffBucket Lol book eight and nine are going to look awkward sitting next to each other on the book shelves.

E
please note: this review was written when i was like 13. im so sorry. please dont judge me

Is it really called The End of Maximum Ride? Oh, well. Okay, I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY hope Dylan and Max do NOT get together. If they do, Team Fang needs to organize a group bonfire of all Maximum Ride books and get a party to go murder James Patterson.

WE.
NEED.
FAX.

I mean, seriously, 95% of all Maximum Ride readers are on Team Fang. What a wimpy 5% James Patte
Rachel
Aug 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
EDIT: I finished! Below is my review of pretty much the rest of the series. Writing a review on just this book would be too hard.

Before I even begin, let me begin by apologizing for what I'm sure will turn into a rant. I'm sorry.

First off. Nevermore. What the heck was James Patterson thinking? The first three titles ("The Angel Experiment," "School's Out -- Forever," and "Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports") were great. They were definitely, definitely unique. I could even live with "The
Booknut
Bah-humbug!

Where to start, where to start? Let's start with Fang going all goo-goo eyed over Max's clone, Maya:

Then Max thinking "squirrel thoughts" about Dylan:

Maya dying and Fang thinking "shit she died, well I better go rejoin my old flock and suck up to Max":

Fang being all like "Max, I love you - this is about you and me":

Dylan being all:

This book isn't even about saving the world! Heck - it's a love triangle/teen drama with a dash of sci fi!! Who CARES about Fang's regrets?! Who CARES
Gemma
Jun 03, 2011 rated it did not like it
Kaela
Apr 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
YES! THE END!
I thought I would NEVER hear it!
Thank you, Mr. Patterson, that you FINALLY PUT THIS SERIES OUT OF ITS MISERY.

I mean really... who continues a series for 8 BOOKS? (At least a dying series) (don't comment on that)

Its not that I don't love these books ('cuz I do) but the plot died miserably back in book four, then was unfortnuatly birthed into the hell that is NO FAXNESS back in book six.

Lets just say this better make up for the crap that was the last two (or four).

Saying that, I
Kyle
Apr 17, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who don't care if it makes no sense
Okay, here we fucking go. If you think that this book and this series and James Patterson/whatever ghost writer he hired this time is the best thing since sliced bread, and think this review is "wrong" or "too harsh" or "it was just a book!" than don't even bother commenting. If you say, "Oh well I'm afraid I'll have to disagree on such and such" that's fine. Do not tell me my review was wrong or question why I felt this way about something. If I got something wrong, you can point that out, it's ...more
Annabelle Marie Veronica
***FINAL RATING: 3.35 STARS***

CATCHALL
Was this book perfect? Not by a long shot. But did I absolutely love it? Yes. It had a ton of problems—don't get me wrong—but my overall satisfaction with the book was high. I do wish that some parts had been done differently, and that some of the problems had come to better solutions. But despite this book's problems, yes, I did love it. It was a fun and quick read in between some of the heavier stuff I've shouldered lately.

THE HEROINE
MAX
So, Max. The f
Elizabeth
Mar 20, 2011 marked it as to-read
My wishes for the last maximum ride book: 1. Don't have the title be the end of maximum ride or be the name of someone in the flock useless it's iggy that I can live with/>2. TEAM FANG!!!!!! Enough said

if Max and Dylan end up together I will burn every maximum ride book BECAUSE FANG ROCKS and I don't like Dylan why didn't he die in Fang I would have been much happier if he had died but I guess than having he in the book would have pointless( Dylan sucks)

I think that title supposed to be never
Miranda
Apr 24, 2011 marked it as to-read
God, don't let Dylan get max!!
If James Patterson ends it with dylan and max together I will seriously burn this book.
Fang is my all time favortie charicter of any book, and Max and fang my favorite couple.
Fang just plain rocks.
Dylan is just, EWWW!
Hate. Dylan.
And I still don't know about angel. Is she evil? I don't know!
I want more of the old charicters, how they used to act, I mean.
Plz plz plz don't ruin it JP!!
♪Chloe  the Beatles Fanatic♫
So. Exciting.!!!
I'll be sad that the whole series ends here, but I can't wait for it to come out! Nor can I wait for the cover. It should be epic.

This book had better be amazing, or I'll kill someone and then demand a re-write by Mr. Patterson.
Agh! I love Fang! Just saying.
P.S. I'll kill another person if Max chooses the D-man instead of Fang. Also, just saying.

Update: July 4th, 2011
Okay, so the there's the title! Woo! No, not really. That is not the title that I expected. Nevermore sounds
Natalia
Apr 14, 2011 marked it as to-read
Team Iggy.
Emma
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I need to rant. No, not about Max and Dylan being together. Not about the title, not about the changes and how "sucky" the last books have gotten. I am ranting about you dumb trolls! I know I'm going to get so much hell for this, but I think you guys that are reviewing this series are ALL wrong. I made an account on this website just so I could say this, that's how mad I am. First off, why are you all saying Max should be with Fang? Why?! I loved the "Fax" couple up to the end of Fang when Fang ...more
Avani
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
I just finished this two-stars-worthy book.

When I found out that this book, that I’ve had on hold at the library for months and months, was available for me to pick up the very day it came out, I rejoiced.

Nevermore: The Final Maximum Ride Adventure. The book to end all books. Literally-- the end of the world is upon the flock.

I didn't hate this book. I’d take points off for the ending, and more for just an aura, of an all-action, a let’s-just-kill-someone-off-and-do-this-here-and-that-there-beca
Kara
Mar 29, 2011 marked it as to-read
If Max ends up with Dylan, and not Fang, most likely I'm going to either:
a) chuck the book out the window,
b) Punch the closest person next to me, or,
c) Both a and b combined.
Izzy
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Alright look, Mr. James i-don't-know-what-your-middle-name-is Patterson, you gotta lot to cover in this last book if you wanna make everyone happy. And I mean a LOT.

Let me give you a recap on your "homework":

1. Please, please, PLEASE tell me what the hell Dr. Chu and Brigid are supposed to be involved with. You've made them useless little dolls that aren't irrelevant to the current story at all - come on, you REALLY thought I wanted to see them again? Pul-ease.

2. FAX. Must I explain myself one
THAT.
ONE.
COMING.
AT ALL.

I have mixed feelings about this book. Whilst I'm happy at the way it ended, I still felt that James Patterson had a lot of things built up throughout the series which he then proceeded to place giant roadblocks in front of.

For example. This isn't really much of a spoiler, so I'm not going to enclose it. The book ANGEL (previous installment) is nothing more than a filler. Okay, maybe there's some information you need to know. Here:

"There's a crazy bunch
Deema
Mar 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
okay.. i really hope this is NOT the official title..
TEAM FANG!!! TEAM FAX!! enough said. i mean, i don't hate dylan, but he does NOT go with Max, he could go take Maya for all i care. and FANG MUST COME BACK!! if fang doesnt come back and fax is not together once again..... ill probably rip all of james patterson's books :)

Filippa
EDIT EDIT EDIT. REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW. SCROLL DOWN PAST ALL THIS OLD STUFF TO READ IT. SPOILER FREE.

Oh, Max, Max, Max.
Where did it all go wrong? (well...we KNOW where it went wrong, but let's just keep with the rhetorical).
After so many years of reading these books, investing my time, heart and soul into them, its all come down to this.

Every Maximum Ride fan will tell you straight that this series has plummeted downhill faster than Max on overdrive since The Final Warning - it's just an accepted
Megan
Aug 09, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: people who liked mockingjay's ending
8/26/2012.
What did I just read? This doesn't even make sense. I was hoping I could leave off this series on a good note, to cleanly wipe it from my memory so I wouldn't constantly be thinking about what a piece of crap the last few books were. But no. James Patterson couldn't even do that.

Lets start with Fangs story. It begins with him and his gang getting attacked by...wait for it...Ari!
*Going back to when the rough draft of Nevermore was being written*

JP: Hey how many times have we brought A
Aarone
Jun 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
okay....

NOOO!!! WHY THE END!!! THESE BOOKS ARE AMAZING...

i thought the this book would be called IGGY or GAZZY or NUDGE or MAYA or ELLA or JEB or DYLAN or TOTAL or some other character... jk but most likely i thought iggy. soooo.. im sad, these books ARE AMAZING!!!!!

anyways.... if max gets with dylan im gonna burn this book and JP better watch out!!!! (ALL MAX FANS WILL BE MAD!!!)

TEAM FANG!!!!! (whoevers team dylan is stupid (if such a team exists))

cant wait til november...

(what if he made a s
Amelia
Aug 06, 2011 marked it as to-read
I think That Fang and Max were so perfect and JP totally screwed up by having him leave. Dylan is alright, but honestly, Fang and maya, its like i want to tell him
Dear Fang,
Your only with Maya because you still Love Max and she is an exact copy.
Sincerely,
Me

And also Dylan is ok, but, not with Max, I mean, I guess I would be fine if they got together, but, they don't work together as well as Fang and Max.

Dylan and Max.... Whatever Max, You SHOULD be with Fang
Max and Fang..... YAY!
Fang and Maya.
Donovan
Feb 19, 2011 marked it as to-read
It's called "The End of Maximum Ride"? I certainly hope that's a working title because it's pretty lame...

(New Update): Oh, good.

Warning: the rest of this update is nothing but spewing, just FYI.
I'm not evens sure I want to read this anymore. What really annoys me is that James Patterson is a sellout. I mean, seriously, it's turned into a book with teams for the two guys. Like Twilight. I honestly don't care who Max ends up with. I liked the series a lot more before that plotline came in.
April*procrastinator and proud*
...I'm very confused as to HOW James Patterson felt that this was a good ending to this series that I very much enjoyed (up until Angel of course.) But I'm pretty sure he took a bunch of the random ideas he came up with in all the books and smashed them together to make this big blob of.... of... I don't even know. But I think he should rewrite this book (and Angel while he's at it.) so it's not so freaking all over the place.
Tilly
Aug 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: series, 2012-reads
The end isn't near, it's here

2.5 stars.

Where do I begin? I was very excited for this book and had high hopes for it, keep that in mind.

First off, NEVERMORE was always going to be well written. It's James Patterson for goodness sake. That dude could make the back of a cereal box captivating.

But I'm certain I'm not the only one who feels that NEVERMORE, was a bit of a let down in other aspects.
It started by Max almost swooning over Dylan, with hardly a mention of Fang or even 'her baby' Angel, who
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Max Fans
BEFORE READING NEVERMORE:

Dear James Patterson:

First of all, I really, really hope you wrote/are writing this book yourself. Not with a bunch of crap ghost writers who don't know Max and her gang and clearly never read the books, since they made Max all damsel-y and the flock all whiney. It seems after the first three you got tired of the Flock.
RIGHT THERE YOU KNOW WHEN TO STOP A SERIES.
But really, you wanted to milk it, didn't you? You sicko, you knew we'd never be able to resist not knowing w
Ellie
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
This review was written when I was thirteen, so if it seems a little...immature, that's why! I'm going to leave it as it is, though. It sums up the raw anger coursing through my soul when I had finished reading this book. ;)

-----

I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!!!! FAX! FAX FAX FAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously. I think I'm dying. I just finished rereading Angel and I....argh!!! THIS SERIES HAS THE WORST LOVE TRIANGLE OF ALL TIME!!!

WHAT???!?!?!?! IT'S NOW COMING OUT IN AUGUST?!?!!?!? GOODREADS AND THE END
Sabrina
I read this out of pure loyalty. I began reading the Maximum Ride series when I was in middle school and had just figured out I had a love for books. I've matured or something because this book was off the walls terrible.

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE A DIE HARD MAXIMUM RIDE FAN
Lets start with the storyline: The 99 percent Plan was laughable. This entire book made me laugh and not in a good way. I don't think I've disliked a book this much since.... m-m-Marked

8 reasons this book failed.
1. Max is
Phosie
Mar 17, 2011 marked it as to-read
'Nevermore'? Really? Can't he think of a more imaginative title than 'Nevermore'? Oh well. It's still cool :P AND WAY BETTER THAN THE END OF MAXIMUM RIDE DEFINITELY!!!
I'm assuming that this book is going to be *very* long. I mean, maybe not *very* long but at least kind of long. There are soooo many things that need to be explained. Like, was Sam from School's Out Forever an Eraser or not? Where did Dr. Martinez and Jeb and Ella and Dr Gunther-Hagen? WHO'S GOING TO DIE, DYLAN OR FANG?!?!?!? (Pl
Hyman
Aug 15, 2011 marked it as to-read
You people are WRONG!!! Max is destined to be with Dylan! Dylan is the perfect other half for max! Fang is a selfish boring Loser! he left max, he replased her for maya. Max deserves deserves Dylan, hes strong, funny, and has a better eyesight than Fang. JP was right to separate Fang and Max. Dont you see how max fits perfectly besides Dylan.

Dylan Rules!!!!
Hanna[h] Cumberbatch
Oct 09, 2011 marked it as to-read
..... I still need to read the fifth book(Max,it's the fifth right?) But i already know about Dylan and only one thing I can say is:
I hope he gets hit by a bus :/
Team Fang VS Team Dylan 130 229 May 09, 2018 11:52AM
*MAJOR SPOILERS* I just finished this book and I wasn't happy with it AT ALL :( 252 963 May 17, 2017 09:46AM
ASF 7th Grade Books: Maximum Ride #8 Book Review Joe Jocuns 1 1 Apr 06, 2015 11:49AM
Maximum Ride Movie Cast 8 46 Jan 14, 2015 07:22AM
who thinks the ending sucked? 39 165 Dec 02, 2014 11:53AM
WHAT HAPPENED TO NUDGE,GAZZY AND IGGY?!?!?!?! 33 270 Aug 05, 2014 08:29AM
A song for fang and max! 1 12 May 30, 2014 05:44PM
  • Psychic Detective Yakumo Vol. 6 (Suzuka Oda)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Goldstrike
  • We Dine With Cannibals (An Accidental Adventure, #2)
  • The Evil Within (Possessions, #2)
  • Voice of the Undead (Alex Van Helsing #2)
  • Gilda Joyce: The Bones of the Holy  (Gilda Joyce, #5)
  • Sweep: Volume 5 (Sweep, #13-15)
  • Darkfall (Healing Wars, #3)
  • Code (Virals, #3)
  • Cat Girl's Day Off
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • 悪魔とドルチェ 2 [Akuma to Dolce 2]
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2)
  • Torn (The Missing, #4)
  • First Kill (The Slayer Chronicles, #1)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 375 million books worldwide and currently holds the Guinness World

Maximum Ride (9 books)
  • The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)
  • School's Out—Forever (Maximum Ride, #2)
  • Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride, #3)
  • The Final Warning (Maximum Ride, #4)
  • Max (Maximum Ride, #5)
  • Fang (Maximum Ride, #6)
  • Angel (Maximum Ride, #7)
  • Maximum Ride Forever (Maximum Ride, #9)
“Be calm. Be Zen. You are Buddha.” 65 likes