UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Annoying repeated friend requests

Comments (showing 1-50 of 216) (216 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Nov 23, 2012 01:32PM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments I've been getting repeated friend requests after ignoring them.

One person in particular.

Every day for at least two weeks.

Time to out him. Please let me know if you are getting the same or from anyone else in an annoying fashion. Please take a screen shot before deleting if possible. It makes the follow
up to complaints much easier for the Goodreads admin team.

Thanks groupites!

message 3: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Apparently he is my friend! So I must have got at least one request.

message 4: by Katy (new)

Katy | 3410 comments Apparently he's my friend too! I must admit, I do add everyone because i'm too lazy to look at who they are....

message 5: by Kath (new)

Kath | 1965 comments i ignored him twice

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments Ah.

I only accept requests from members of our group. I've no idea how he found me. He's not a member of UKAKF.
He's a persistent bugger though.

No idea why he thinks friending me will benefit him. I don't have any time for spammers either.

Gingerlily - All kinds of everything! | 36417 comments I have got a third request from him today after ignoring the first two. He is going to be blocked now. only way to stop him.

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7914 comments I have a group of about 4 authors atm that are PERSISTENTLY friending me. He is included.

I have to admit I always add people but I never add authors. *coughs* LOL

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments I always add groupites. I don't distinguish between authors and readers. We are a family of people who love books.

It's also easier to send messages to groupites who are friends. I HATE capcha!

message 10: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7914 comments I meant apart from authors in our group of course! I have quite a few of those added!!

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments Oh Peanut. We all knew that. :)

How are you lovely girl? I'm accepting that no news is good news? Missing you, you know!

message 12: by Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (last edited Nov 24, 2012 02:17AM) (new)

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments Well, I've had my first traditional spam via Goodreads. A person who is allegedly young and female sent this:

Hello,
My name is XXXXX XXXXXX; I am so much interested in you after going through your profile here on Good-reads. I feel like having you as a friend? If you wish, please kindly write me through my email ( xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com ) As soon as I hear from you,I will tell you more about me and also send my pictures to you. I have something Very Important to tell you

Amusingly, she spells her name three different ways (That must be confusing for her).

I get enough of this crap via my regular email without getting it here too.

Oh, I also got the same invite, multiple times, that Patti received.

message 13: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments Name like a musical instrument? Yeah I just had that too.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I see that I've friended him too - I tend to accept most requests, but untick the top friend box if they are not on this forum. I check to see if we have friends in common too - and I have 15 in common with this person! I haven't had any trouble from him - but I'm surprised that he sends out repeated requests to those who've already ignored him; unless he sends out so many he can't remember who he's already asked...?

message 15: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments Normally I'll only accept friend request from people I (a) know or (b) are active in a group that I'm also active in. I don't see any value in just collecting effectively a list of hundreds of names that I have no real idea who they are.

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (VanessaAKADumbo) | 8703 comments Geoff (G. Robbins) (The noisy passionfruit) wrote: "Well, I've had my first traditional spam via Goodreads. A person who is allegedly young and female sent this:

Hello,
My name is XXXXX XXXXXX; I am so much interested in you after going through y..."

I got the same message this morning. I've ignored it.

message 18: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments I reported it as spam.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments I've done the same, Tim.

message 21: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (Katiewstewart) | 853 comments Our musical friend must be of both persuasions because she sent me an email wanting a relationship, too! I was going to report it, but couldn't work out how.

And I see I'm already a friend of the first person mentioned. I did have a request from someone else the other day, but when I looked at his list of friends, they were ALL female. No thanks.

D.M. Andrews (author) Andrews (DMAndrews) | 1551 comments I got the Violin one today and have ignored.

One I would watch out for is this one:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

;)

message 23: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24016 comments Oh, I fell for that one Darren! I'm an eejit!
I accepted this person (at the top of the page). I usually do - I'm basically friendly. Like Karen, I untick the Top Friend thing though. Can you rescind the acceptance? Sort of 'unfriend' him? Be a salutary lesson to him if his friends all walked away maybe?

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments If you want to report it, click the word flag to the right of the message. You will then get three option, which are self explanatory.

message 25: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Yeah he's my friend too. I don't really care, I add everyone.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments To remove a friend, click on that friend and scroll to the bottom. There is an option there called remove a friend.

message 27: by Steve (new)

Steve (scotstevie) hi i had the violin

one today..refused..she wanted a r/ship with me...did she look at my book groups!..she is barking in the wrong forest!...:-)

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments Yes Steve, as did the young lady who lived for four weeks under George Michael's floorboards.

If you're going to be a stalker, at least do your research.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments I've heard the Violin too.

Steve, I think she may simply be barking. ;)

message 30: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments D.M. Andrews (GoodReads Author) wrote: "I got the Violin one today and have ignored.

One I would watch out for is this one:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

;)"

Shan't :-P

message 31: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24016 comments I can only see a link to block him Geoff - and he won't know I've done that - where's the fun in that? ;)

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9019 comments You can always PM him then block him, Ignite.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments Hmmmph. She doesn't want a relationship with me :(

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments So she has some sense then.

Gingerlily - All kinds of everything! | 36417 comments you could email her and ask her for one. she has been free with her email address

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4697 comments Photos too. Such a nice girl and all she wants is my bank details to confirm I am 18.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments Gee, I wonder what country she could be from.

Gingerlily - All kinds of everything! | 36417 comments Senegal apparently. . .

message 39: by Damien (new)

Damien Nash | 34 comments Geoff (G. Robbins) (The noisy passionfruit) wrote: "Well, I've had my first traditional spam via Goodreads. A person who is allegedly young and female sent this:

Hello,
My name is XXXXX XXXXXX; I am so much interested in you after going through y..."

I woke up to a message from her also. She has an interest in religious titles and really wants to tell me something important. :S

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments She wants to send me photos.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments Oh and she likes sweeming.

I've never sweemed. I wonder if its fun.

message 42: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 24016 comments To be pendantic Patti, I think you say 'I've never Swuum.'

message 43: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7914 comments Patti (Migrating Coconut) wrote: "Oh Peanut. We all knew that. :)

How are you lovely girl? I'm accepting that no news is good news? Missing you, you know!"

Busy, busy, busy! No news is good news. It means I'm hard at work. I miss this place but if I were to keep it up with as much as I did before I'd never sleep.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments Sleep is over rated.

Swuumed?

message 45: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments Ignite wrote: "To be pendantic Patti, I think you say 'I've never Swuum.'"

Nah, it's an irregular verb: sweemt

:)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments I think you've got it Tim!!!

Now give it back.

message 47: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments Oh all right then. Catch...

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61382 comments Oops. I dreept it.

message 49: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9437 comments If you breakt it, you buyd it...

;)

message 50: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments I see I'm friends with him too. I don't mind, I say yes to anyone... as it were.

I doi have someone continually inviting me to join various groups, which I now ignore. I turned off my email notifications it was getting so tiresome. (Hubby gets narked by too many notifications.)

« previous 1 3 4 5