Kingston Frontenac Public Library discussion

What are you reading this week?

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deanna (new)

Deanna | 9 comments Mod
What is everybody reading this week? I have a few books on the go, but took a break to read a couple of great mysteries. I'm ready to move on to number 3 in Elly Griffiths Ruth Galloway series. They are so smart and creepy and I just can't put them down! But what are YOU reading?

message 2: by Bessie (new)

Bessie Sullivan  (LibraryBabe) I am reading Rebel Heart by Moira Young, the second in the Dust Lands Triogy. The first was, Blood Red Road These are great read-a-likes for the The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset as they feature a strong female main character and the fight for survival in a dystopian society.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin Foley | 1 comments I'm reading a few things but mostly I'm looking at Susan Glickman's The Smooth Yarrow (again) and Alice Munro's Dear Life.

message 4: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 1 comments I'm reading A Man In Uniform by Kate Taylor which is this month's book for my Book Club book. It's a pretty good read. I'm also listening at home to The House on Willow Street by Cathy Kelly which is an easy to listen book and while I'm driving I'm listening to Midwives by Chris Bohjalian. I pretty much enjoy anything Bohjalian writes. At any given time I usually have 3 or 4 books on the go!

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine | 2 comments I'm juggling quite a few, but my attention at the moment is given to Midnight Never Come by Marie Brennan, a fantasy of intrigue at the Elizabethan court AND at the fairy kingdom's seat of power, Onyx Court. It was time to really exercise my imagination, a nice change from all the non-fiction I've been working through.

message 6: by Deanna (new)

Deanna | 9 comments Mod
I just finished Possum Living: how to live well without a job and with almost no money. A little dated and too much hunting and fishing for me but pretty interesting. Your comment, Christine, reminds me I just got my hands on A Discovery of Witches, but Deborah Harkness. Looking forward to cracking that one open, especially after hearing her speak recently.

message 7: by Barb (new)

Barb | 1 comments I am reading the hilarious and heartbreaking Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving by Jonathan Evison about a guy who's lost everything and takes a low-paying job looking after a young man steadily deteriorating from muscular dystrophy. Also listening to Ken Follett's Winter of the World, part II of his sprawling, absorbing, multigenerational saga -- this one set during WWII.

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather Compeau | 1 comments I am reading " Radio Shangri-La: What I learned in Bhutan, the happiest Kingdom on earth" and "Warm Bodies: a novel". Happiness lessons and true love Zombie-style Three things I am happy about today:

Smell of baking Hummingbird cupcakes
Walk on sunny, crisp day at lunch
Reading it nourishes me.....brains.....brains.....mmmmmm...brains....

message 9: by Jillann (new)

Jillann | 1 comments I'm reading "Shadow and Bone" by Leigh Bardugo (teen fantasy/sci fi -- more fantasy than Hunger Games, but strong female character and setting has a Russian twist) and also a memoir "A Family Romance" by British novelist John Lanchester - both pretty good.