Rockism 101 discussion

Tunnel of Love > Have you ever been in an inner racial relationship

Comments (showing 1-50 of 52) (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rock (new)

Rock Ism | 284 comments Mod
I've always been afraid to ask white girls out. What should I do?

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Rock wrote: "I've always been afraid to ask white girls out. What should I do?"

The word is inter-racial.

The answer to the question is a simple one, BTW: "Hi, my name is Rock? What's yours?" is a good place to start.

message 3: by Rock (new)

Oh wow. It sounds so simple, but have you ever tried walking up to someone who you don't and trying something like that? Especially when you don't know if they are a racist or not?
It's not so easy.
:-)

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Rock wrote: "Oh wow. It sounds so simple, but have you ever tried walking up to someone who you don't and trying something like that? Especially when you don't know if they are a racist or not?
It's not so ea..."

Um, yes, I have. I have dated Latino men, African-American men, Korean men and Chinese men. I still maintain that the "Hi, my name is ... " approach is the best. No gimmicks needed. If you get shot down, well, that's the risk you take.

message 5: by Rock (new)

Well its a little different for some middle-aged white lady than it is for a young black man. Remember it was just 50 years ago that young black men were getting strung up an lynched for coming up to white women and saying "Hello, what's your name?"...

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela Brown (dracona77) | 13 comments I have to go with Sharon on this one. Actually, from personal observation, interracial dating is becoming much more acceptable. True, it was only a short while ago when a young black man could get in some serious trouble for approaching a white woman. But that isn't the preferred reaction in today's society.

As Sharon mentioned, be decent and approach open and honestly. No gimmicks. If she says no, then move on. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

message 7: by Rock (new)

I dont plan on ever just walking up to some random girl and asking her out. I only ask out girls who I know at least a little.
There have ben some white girls who have shown an interest in me, but they are not the attractive types. And they are usually known for sleeping around.
I want a really nice, clean attractive white girl.

message 8: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) | 234 comments lol. I don't know if it's the power of anonymity, but I have to give you props for having the guts to spew out some of the stuff you are spewing out. My answer to the original question: no, but I would. My answer to your concerns from the previous posts: I don't like seeing the race card get pulled a lot. Just ask the freaking girl out! Life is too short. So live. Geez!

message 9: by Rock (new)

Are you white or black Tanjlisa?
You seem very nice.

message 10: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) | 234 comments lol. I'm black so I cannot help in your quest. lol. But thanks for the compliment!

message 11: by Rock (new)

Just my luck!
Are you single though?

message 12: by ♥Sex Kitten♥ (new)

♥Sex Kitten♥ I'm going to have to said with Rock (which is weird) woman are harder to approach. But you really can't be choosy when you want to date outside your race that bad. (I'm not saying your desperate) I'm just saying if they show some interest at least try and date them, no matter what they look like.

message 13: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) | 234 comments Rock wrote: "Just my luck!
Are you single though?"

lol. No, I am not single.

message 14: by Rock (new)

You into threesomes?

message 15: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) | 234 comments lol. No. Not big on sharing.

message 16: by ♥Sex Kitten♥ (new)

♥Sex Kitten♥ I thought it was morally incorrect to have a threesome with two dudes and one chick.

message 17: by Cynn Dinn (new)

Cynn Dinn Suallo | 8 comments Nayomi wrote: "I thought it was morally incorrect to have a threesome with two dudes and one chick."

LMAO. Did you just use morally, incorrect, and threesome all in the same sentence? lol. Are you saying a threesome with two girls and one dude is not morally incorrect? I think once the word threesome enters the picture, morals have already made a quick exit.

message 18: by Rock (new)

Most people forget about Larry.
Larry was the guy created from Eve's rib.
So the garden of Eden actully had Adam and Eve AND Larry!
So the question is: If God thought threesome's were immoral, then why did he create Larry?

message 19: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) | 234 comments What in the devil are you talking about??

message 20: by Rock (new)

Just joking.
LMAO!!!

message 21: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) I myself am biracial (AA on mother & Tahitian father although I identify myself more as AA) & I have dated black, white, Hispanic and Asian men. I was actually engaged to a white guy for 3 years, which was pretty interesting since we discussed topics I hadn't with previous boyfriends. At the risk of sounding cliche, I'm more attracted to a guy's personality than what his ethnicity is.

Advice for those thinking about or who are in an interracial relationship: Don't be afraid to ask questions. I've had white boyfriends ask me "Why do black women use Vaseline?" and in turn I've asked "Why the fuck do you wash your hair every single time you hop in the shower?" I personally am not offended. I'd rather you ask questions than make assumptions.

message 22: by Ed (last edited Dec 09, 2012 06:23PM) (new)

Ed Wagemann (EdWagemann) | 985 comments Hi LL, glad to see you joined up here and that you are joining in on the discussion.

What kind of BS were you getting from TerminalCoffee? I find the folks there to be a bit on the prudish side when it comes to talk about sex and relationships. Is that the beef they had with you?

message 23: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) To be honest, I only vaguely remember. Some people were under the assumption that I set out to read comments I & others had made in that group. In reality, I was looking through old GR comments for a link I'd posted shortly after joining GR & came across the TC comments.

I'm sure it was just general WTFery and talks of sexuality. I have a very straightforward personality & while I've learned to rein in a bit the WTF-train that is my mouth, that's not going to change. I embrace my eccentricities, which I'm sure is unsettling to some.

message 24: by Ed (last edited Dec 09, 2012 07:10PM) (new)

Ed Wagemann (EdWagemann) | 985 comments Well I hope you read my comment:

"whenever someone attacks you, belittles or insults you, it is inevitably more of a reflection of their own unhappiness and the void in their life than any kind of reflection of you."

message 25: by Rock (new)

You are not the only member on TerminalCoffee who was discriminated against because of their color LL. TC is full of racists. They don't like anyone who is black. They are snobs who put on pretenses of latte liberal political correctness but their biting racism cloaked in grammar snobbery isn't fooling anyone!

message 26: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) Ed Wagemann wrote: "Well I hope you read my comment:

"whenever someone attacks you, belittles or insults you, it is inevitably more of a reflection of their own unhappiness and the void in their life than any kind of..."

Yes I did, Ed. Thank you very much. I know this now but not when I joined TC.

@ Rock: Eh. I'd accuse some members (I'm not going to write the whole group off as bunch of pretentious fucks) of a lot of things but I don't think racism is one of them, at least where I'm concerned. While it's true I have pics of myself on GR, my profile is set to private. I think I mentioned my race maybe once on a thread in the year I was a member of TC, so I doubt the majority even knew I was black.

message 27: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) O_O I can't believe you did that, Rock. Seriously. I received an email from a friend of mine who's a member of TC and she said "some guy named Rock is over on the thread you created telling people they're being racist towards you because you're black."

NO. ONE. IN. TC. KNOWS. I'M BLACK. How the fuck could they when my profile is private and I RARELY mention race, either my own or someone elses? WHATEVER beef some member had with me has NOTHING to do my ethnicity. You had no fucking right to make an accusation like that when you know shit about me and the situation at TC.

I'm done. I wrote that post at TC to give myself closure for a painful experience that happened years ago. I did NOT write it to start a race war or as a FUCK YOU! to TC. I don't need this drama in my life. MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS.

message 28: by Rock (new)

They were very racist to me LL, accusing me of not speaking right. They even said that I don't talk like a black person talks. WTF does that mean???
There are a couple threads on there that are devoted to the topic of racism in which it becomes painfully clear how racist many of them are. I suggest you look at those threads. One was titled "Am I the only black person in this group?" or something like that. There were just a few black members who came out of the woodwork there, but they all agree that they had been treated differently due to their race.
Check it out if you want to see what I am talking about.

message 29: by Rock (new)

Here, I found the thread:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 30: by Jack (new)

Jack | 52 comments LethalLovely~Kiss Me Hard Before You Go wrote: "NO. ONE. IN. TC. KNOWS. I'M BLACK. How the fuck could they when my profile is private and I RARELY mention race, either my own or someone elses? ..."

Are those your real legs in your profile photograph?

message 31: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) | 234 comments Rock, are you Ed?

message 32: by Rock (new)

Tanjlisa wrote: "Rock, are you Ed?"

What?

message 33: by Ed (new)

Ed Wagemann (EdWagemann) | 985 comments Tanj, I can say without a doubt that Rock is not me - I have the library card with my name on it to prove it!
:-)

message 34: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) | 234 comments Ed Wagemann wrote: "Tanj, I can say without a doubt that Rock is not me - I have the library card with my name on it to prove it!
:-)"

lol.

message 35: by Rock (last edited Dec 12, 2012 09:50AM) (new)

I've known Ed from many different websites. We used to be arch enemies, but he's actually a very cool and laid back dude. The idiots over at TerminalCoffee are convinced that anyone who even mention's Ed's name is a sock puppet. If you don't believe me then just go over to that thread and literally within minutes you will be accused of being a troll, being a sock puppet and a satan worshipper all rolled into one.

message 36: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) | 234 comments Wow.

message 37: by Rock (new)

Yeah, there are some nasty folks over there who have no life other than sniping at people who they deem inferior.

message 38: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) | 234 comments Sounds like I need to head over there and instigate some fights.

message 39: by Rock (new)

Tanjlisa wrote: "Sounds like I need to head over there and instigate some fights."

Ha! Its not even worth the trip. You will cream them - they are not a very bright bunch.

message 40: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 218 comments Mod
Rock wrote: "Tanjlisa wrote: "Sounds like I need to head over there and instigate some fights."

Ha! Its not even worth the trip. You will cream them - they are not a very bright bunch."

I strongly dislike latte liberal types who think they are deep and intelligent. They are usually the most closed minded and shallow people I meet, thats what I got out of the thread you posted here from that group.

message 41: by fabby (new)

fabby | 35 comments so rock you are into threesomes 2 guys 1 girl?smile

message 42: by fabby (new)

fabby | 35 comments and yes i have dated other races though never whites my ex fiance was vietnamese and have dated within my race just from different countries which for a Latin person sometimes its like a different race the language barrier was not a big deal for us ,both spoke English but when with friends and family it was awkward not knowing part of the conversation

message 43: by fabby (new)

fabby | 35 comments but dating somebody from a different race its always fun the food ,the places and traditions they bring into a relationship keeps this very interesting and fun always fun

message 44: by Rock (new)

Fabiola wrote: "so rock you are into threesomes 2 guys 1 girl?smile"

I'm a Trisexual. I'll try anything. Except for having things stuck up my butt. Like Hall and Oates said, "I can't go for that. No. No can do."

message 45: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) | 234 comments Rock wrote: "Fabiola wrote: "so rock you are into threesomes 2 guys 1 girl?smile"

I'm a Trisexual. I'll try anything. Except for having things stuck up my butt. Like Hall and Oates said, "I can't go for tha..."

You'll try anything...so, you'll be intimate with a man?

message 46: by fabby (new)

fabby | 35 comments So top but never bottom right

message 47: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) | 234 comments Fabiola wrote: "So top but never bottom right"

lol

message 48: by fabby (new)

fabby | 35 comments have you ever notice how when gay men introduce their significance other people have this glimmer in their eyes and most are asking themselfs this, who is the top but what i have notice with this relationships is they are both top and bottom ,its very rare to find a couple where their is only a bottom

message 49: by Rock (new)

Fabiola wrote: "have you ever notice how when gay men introduce their significance other people have this glimmer in their eyes and most are asking themselfs this, who is the top but what i have notice with this ..."

No, I haven't ever noticed that. You must be keeping a closer eye on gay men than I am.

message 50: by fabby (new)

fabby | 35 comments Not them so much but the people they introduce themselves to

« previous 1