Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > Once Upon a Time

Comments (showing 1-50 of 58) (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Vasquez Garcia (BelindaVasquezGarcia) | 22 comments I loved Lost and am crazy about magic but had given up on this series after watching the first 3 because it seemed they were picking every fairy tale character out of a hat.

After a recommendation and a year later, I watched the 4th episode and the series got better and better. Now I'm hooked.

message 2: by Erica (new)

Erica I've been addicted to the Once Upon A Time since the first episode! if you liked Lost you will also like Revolution, they have the same creaters/producers

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1 comments I loved the first season of this and can't wait for more!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (MLPMomBookReviewer) | 837 comments I am liking the second season so much more than the first so far! I love all the new characters we have already seen!

message 5: by Annie (new)

Annie  (AnniePerkyMonkey-Buns) I love it too. The first season was really good. My favorite twist so far is how they have added Rumple to other fairy tales.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree Mlpmom. The first season was like a good set-up for an even better, more intertwined plot in season two. I know Captain Hook is a "bad guy" but man is he good looking.

message 7: by Annie (new)

Annie  (AnniePerkyMonkey-Buns) I agree Tabitha! He is FINE! :D

Danielle Book Boss (DanielleBookBoss) | 139 comments The first season had to grow on me but I came to love it by the end. I haven't been keeping up with the new season. I'm going to try and watch to add some ratings for them!

message 9: by Barb (new)

Barb (unicorn6482) | 23 comments I totally love,love this show. I especialy liked that they started added character that really are't from fairy tales. I especially like the Mad Hatter and Captain Hook.

message 10: by Barb (new)

Barb (unicorn6482) | 23 comments Omg cannot believe this just happened...I was soo busy playing with my nook that i forgot to watch Once Upon A Time! Dang

message 11: by Annie (new)

Annie  (AnniePerkyMonkey-Buns) Barb wrote: "Omg cannot believe this just happened...I was soo busy playing with my nook that i forgot to watch Once Upon A Time! Dang"

i missed it tonight too!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this show too. I watch it on my kindle so I have to wait till tomorrow.

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary | 42 comments Debra how? Do you use Amazon prime? I can't get the shows from the websites to play on mine.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a kindle fire and go through amazon video. I have to pay 1.99 an episode.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (MLPMomBookReviewer) | 837 comments Last night's episode was really good! I loved learning more about Red/Ruby!
I am sure the site will replay it, you just might have to wait a few days for it to post there.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (MichMag) Sunday is now my favorite night of television...between Once Upon a Time and Revenge...and when I can stay awake 666 Park Avenue.

Last nights episode was great.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (MLPMomBookReviewer) | 837 comments Yes I agree Michelle! I have tried the Park Avenue one yet but I was tempted too! I also watch The Mentalist which moved to Sundays so my Sundays are already pretty full with stuff at the moment. I am glad it is good though! I haven't heard too many people say anything about it yet.

message 18: by Mary (new)

Mary | 42 comments Thanks Debra I will have to look into that! Sundays also have The Walking Dead and Talking Dead and Good Wife. Best night of the week tv wise :)

message 19: by Barb (last edited Nov 12, 2012 04:41PM) (new)

Barb (unicorn6482) | 23 comments Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer wrote: "Sunday is now my favorite night of television...between Once Upon a Time and Revenge...and when I can stay awake 666 Park Avenue.

Last nights episode was great."

I Just started watching 666 Park Ave a few weeks ago and really like it. One of my friends watches Revenge and is trying to get me to start watching it too. But Im like I already watch too much tv and trying not to add too many new shows, lol

And tonight is Monday so I'm watching The Voice and recording How I Met Your Mother and Two Broke Girls.

message 20: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (BlueManticore) | 216 comments Barb wrote: "Omg cannot believe this just happened...I was soo busy playing with my nook that i forgot to watch Once Upon A Time! Dang"

One of the great things about Once Upon a Time is you can watch it online at http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upo... . That's what I often do.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Joseph wrote: "Barb wrote: "Omg cannot believe this just happened...I was soo busy playing with my nook that i forgot to watch Once Upon A Time! Dang"

One of the great things about Once Upon a Time is you can w..."

Thanks Joseph I will have to check that out.

message 22: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (LadyFalcon) | 52 comments Haven't seen it yet, but i have heard good things about it...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Tiffany wrote: "Haven't seen it yet, but i have heard good things about it..."

You should try it. Season One is on Netflix. ;-)

message 24: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (basketchik) | 86 comments I saw the first show, but never got to watch anymore. I hear they are really good. Was thinking about watching it on netflix.

message 25: by Annie (new)

Annie  (AnniePerkyMonkey-Buns) Shiloh wrote: "I'm totally addicted to OUAT... and I never watch TV. Rumple/Mr. Gold is absolutely my favorite."

Mine too :)

message 26: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (NancyJCohen) | 74 comments I love the backstories on these familiar fairy tale characters. It like origin stories for most of them and adds a new dimension to their characters.

message 27: by Heather (new)

Heather Bowhay | 17 comments Rumple is awesome! But his eyes are soooo creepy. I always like to watch this show later without the commercials...besides, I cannot give up Walking Dead on Sundays!

message 28: by Spirit (new)

Spirit (SPBeauty) | 1 comments I love the show but I really liked Grant

message 29: by S.B. (new)

S.B. Roozenboom | 27 comments I rarely watch TV but I LOVE Once Upon A Time! A few episodes I wasn't crazy about, but growing up with all the disney originals plus fairytale books, this series struck a chord with me. I look forward to the next season!

message 30: by Maria (new)

Maria Finazzo Hernandez (Cafemaria) | 4 comments My absolute favorite show! I also try not to watch too much T.V., but got to watch this one! I love the twists they come up with and how the intertwine all the characters to make them fit together! Great! Red/Ruby was a great twist & also how Grumpy became Grumpy, Genius!

message 31: by James (new)

James Christie If you'd like to read the most incredible story ever written concerning a character from a TV series, the actress who played her and a real-life Rain Man, I would respectfully suggest you look at my novel, "Dear Miss Landau"; which is about Drusilla from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", Juliet Landau who played her, and a man with autism who single-handedly wrote and developed her character, and then went across the world for her. It's here on Goodreads. See for yourself, and please contact me if you'd like any further details. I tend to sum it up as "Rain Man meets Notting Hill via 84 Charing Cross Road". I've got one hilariously complimentary review where the gentleman concerned keeps saying he can't believe what he's reading...

But it all really happened.

message 32: by James (new)

James Christie By the way, Chris Norton was my staggered, pleasant, disbelieving reviewer here at Goodreads; and I'd also like to mention that last July Tim Coates said on BBC Radio 4’s "A Good Read" that "Dear Miss Landau" was:

“the best book I’ve read for ten years.”

This was combined with presenter Harriett Gilbert’s highly perceptive comment that seeing the world through my eyes was “really riveting.” This was because she felt that, unlike books such as "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time", my autism was the real thing, not merely a novelist’s ‘device’ - and unlike many memoirs which purported to be accurate but turn out not to be so - “what you’re getting with Dear Miss Landau is the truth.”

So the truth is out there. A 6,000 word interview including discussion of an alternate timeline (yes, really!) with David Mello of the Joss Whedon website Whedonopolis is also on my author page.

message 33: by James (new)

James Christie If you'd rather read a real-life fairytale, read this...

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

A date for breakfast

Friday March 12, 2010.

I always call it the last day. The day I made the crossing. I didn’t lead a wagon train or drive an overloaded jalopy. But I went the same way, crossing the Mojave to Los Angeles.

I woke up on time for the bus, broke my fast with free pancakes and coffee, and was quickly on my way. I remember the clear desert air, thin and cool, and breathing easy, as if it were yesterday, as I walked the 13 blocks back to the glitz and found my way to the Greyhound depot on South Main Street.

I’d long forgotten that I didn’t need to go into Central LA. I could take the bus direct to Hollywood. It set out a little later than I’d expected, so I walked back across South Main and found a Starbucks. There was no free Wi-Fi there. Apart from my pancakes and coffee, nothing was free in Las Vegas. A hotel receptionist had explained that to me, too bored even to talk to me as soon as he realised I wasn’t going to be spending any money.

So I was still blind. Juliet the Notebook couldn’t talk to Juliet the Landau. I wondered what was passing through her mind, turning on her computer and seeing nothing. I wondered what she would think of me if and when we met, and I had no answers.

Perhaps pilgrims on the mountain road to Calvary had felt the same way. I did not know, and the uncertainty, my inadequacy, twined deeper into my guts. What a fool I’d been to think I could do this. There was no future. I would be borne back into the past.

She had never let me down, though. That was the funny thing. Never a failure to respond. Sometimes no more than a happy face and a pair of initials. Other times bouncy and cheery, with exclamation marks galore. A kindness which had warmed me.

How very scared I was of everything, and in the end how very scared I was of her. This woman I knew, and did not know, and loved.

I got up. Time to take the bus to the place of broken dreams. I walked past the hungover revellers straggling up the street, past a bunch of kids playing basketball in the lot behind the Hotel Nevada, and found my bus. I sat down next to a girl named Precious and we headed out into the desert, climbing to 4,000 feet above sea level on California Highway 15 before beginning the long descent to the sea by way of Baker, Barstow and Dunn.

The plains were seared white, the rocks black as coal. I saw the cacti and the sagebrush, and faraway studs of fence poles deep in the golden pink desert. And I thought I glimpsed the faintest blue-white tinge on the horizon.

I didn’t see the sign welcoming me to California, but the bus rolled into Barstow at lunchtime for a half-hour stop. I spotted a drive-thru Starbucks on the other side of the road and jog-trotted across, logging on to Juliet the Notebook’s Wi-Fi and looking, once again, for the other Juliet.

There was a message in my inbox:

From: Juliet Landau Sent: 12 March 2010 09:26 To: James Christie Subject: Schrader Boulevard

Hi James.
I hope this reaches you! Do you want to meet up on Sunday for breakfast at 10.30? I got Drusilla’s Redemption and look forward to reading it when I come up for air from all the TAKE FLIGHT stuff. My producing partner read it and loved it!!! He’d love to join us as well.
:) Juliet

From: James Christie Sent: 12 March 2010 12:42 To: Juliet Landau Subject: Schrader Boulevard

Dear Miss Landau

In Barstow. See you for breakfast!

Best wishes

James

From: Juliet Landau Sent: 12 March 2010 23:23 To: James Christie Subject: Schrader Boulevard

See you then!

Juliet

See you then. The plain and simple words were like poetry. To meet a star on Sunset Boulevard one Sunday morning in March. Some moments come only once in a lifetime.

The bus went on its way to the coast, past the shining white planes at Edwards Air Force Base and the town of Mojave, baked quietly dry by the heat. We came over the San Gabriel mountains and there was Los Angeles, the hazy low-slung urban sprawl spreading down to the sea, topped with a high, close-clustered central set of skyscrapers.

The sunlit city with its sparkling spires.

Green and pleasant suburbs replaced dry desert and scrub as we dropped down into the San Fernando Valley. The real Candlewood Drive was close, and it was not far to go ’til Hollywood.

All the places I’d never seen, or thought I’d never see again. The violent, dreamlike city on the edge of forever to which I’d sent Drusilla’s Roses, never expecting a reply.

A female passenger in her forties began to panic as we neared Hollywood Boulevard. She was intelligent, certainly. Neuro-typical, definitely, and had never travelled independently in her life. She’d always had a timetable and itinerary worked out for her in advance. She had never been out on her own until now, and all the atavistic fears I knew so well were crashing in on her for the first time.

The driver and I reassured her she would be able to pick up her connecting bus in Hollywood, and I was bemused to hear myself talking like the voice of experience, telling her it was quite natural to feel unnerved arriving in a strange city late’ish of an evening...

You don’t know the half of it, lady, I thought. Hard for an NT. Hell for an Autist.

I left her by the correct bay to catch her connection and walked down to the hostel on Schrader, glancing at the palm trees on the sidewalk and the Hollywood Hills in the distance.

I was there, and the song was alive in my soul.

(Dear Miss Landau)

message 34: by ~ Celeste ~ (last edited Jan 15, 2013 02:16AM) (new)

~ Celeste ~ (WanderingReader) | 2 comments Sorry to interupt ~ But, if you all like origin type stuff ~ you really ought to watch "NEVERLAND" ~

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1720619/

It really is much better than it was reviewed to be.

After watching it, I had to buy it ~

And am I the only one looking forward to "Oz, the Great and Powerful" coming out in March?

Oh, and for those of you into musicals ~ Into The Woods is fantastic... Supposedly they (Hollywood) is going to make a movie out of it...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099851/

I love Once Upon a Time too, but it's cuz I like "backstory's" ~ especially when the writer(s) actually spent a little bit of time making sure all the pieces fit... That's what made me think of "Neverland" and "Oz"... ;D

message 35: by Pamela, Moderatrix (new)

Pamela (teacupfangirl) | 614 comments Mod
James, if you'd like to promote your book in PNR/UF, take a moment to read the rules and follow them. This is obviously not the correct place for self-promotion, nor am I sure why you thought it was. Please delete your promo posts in inappropriate places ASAP or you'll be removed from the group.

message 36: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Gannon (ElizabethGannon) | 43 comments Mr. Gold needs his own spin-off show or something. I'm sick of watching stupid Emma wandering around doing boring things, and never getting to see him. I want to watch Mr. Gold and Regina going toe to toe, with the town caught in the middle. ...No, on second thought, Emma and Henry are the ones who need a spin-off show, which I could then happily not watch, and that would leave the entertaining characters all in one place on the original show. :-)

message 37: by Jess (new)

Jess | 5 comments Love this show, especially how they give their own spin on fairy tales :)

message 38: by Kiersten (new)

Kiersten Fay (KierstenFay) | 287 comments I love this show, and I agree with Jess, the twist on old fairy tales are refreshing. Is it weird that I kinda wish Hook and Emma would get together?

message 39: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (MissKris7198) | 74 comments I love this show SO much! I am with you Kiersten, Hook and Emma together would be great. :)
For the same reasons I love OUAT I love Grimm. New take on those tales.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Totally agree about Hook and Emma. He was flirting with her in the fairytalr realm. He's also the best looking guy on the show (sorry Charming), so I'd like to keep him around.

message 41: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments After what he did to Belle I want him gone, no matter how hot he is

message 42: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Wallace | 20 comments Me too. As gorgeous as he is, he has a black heart.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think he's evil, but blinded by his need to revenge the loss of his beloved's life. Everything, good or bad, he has done is to only kill Mr. Gold. Cora is evil and uses Hook's desire to assist her evil plots.

message 44: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (MissKris7198) | 74 comments the drive for revenge is a powerful thing! It blinds just as much as love does. I think he can win over people eventually.

He is nice eyecandy :)

message 45: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Wallace | 20 comments That's actually one thing that suprised me about his character, he doesn't seem to be as well-developed as some of the others are, he's kind of one dimensional.

message 46: by Lanell (new)

Lanell Horton (Hortonsgirl4Life) | 31 comments I LOVE this show as well! I really like Hook as well. I never thought about it before, but him & Emma would be good together. I'm really wondering when her old boyfriend is going to show up. I really thought that was going to be him in the car.

message 47: by Kristine (new)

Kristine McKinley | 3 comments Love this show. Team Charming lol
I want to know what is going to happen with Emma's old boyfriend and August (Pinochio) They just had their episode and then disappeared. Can't wait for more!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Sydney wrote: "That's actually one thing that suprised me about his character, he doesn't seem to be as well-developed as some of the others are, he's kind of one dimensional."

If he becomes Emma's love interest, then he will get more screen time and more fleshed out in the process.

message 49: by Lanell (new)

Lanell Horton (Hortonsgirl4Life) | 31 comments Yes, Pinocchio as well! What happened to him? I'm pretty sure her bf will come sometime before the season is over bc he got that postcard.

message 50: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Wallace | 20 comments If anything happens between Emma and Hook I may stop watching

« previous 1